2016-10-23 17:37:32

Hi.
I've just backed the project. I really hope you'll get the money before the time runs out.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-10-23 18:03:04

Well never mind, got past the robot. Quite a twist there. Now I'm at the point where I have to distribute energy.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2016-10-23 18:16:54

i tried yesterday to post it to applevis, but I didn't realize they don't allow people to post forums regarding kickstarters or fund raising of any kind, which is a crying shame, my post was taken down. I am sorry, perhaps I can post the app as an app directory post rather than a forum? I just hope people would find the kickstarter.

2016-10-23 18:30:48

Well I confess I do feel a bit bad for not being able to back this project at the moment, since were this another time i'd be glad to, but up until my wife and I get our lives a little settled I'm going to have to be rather careful cash wise, particularly since I need a new computer later this year.

I don't know about applevis, though if an ap posting might help that could be good.
also i believe there are several mac specific mailing lists and other resources, perhaps someone who is a mac user could help (isn't there one called mac visioneries?).

there is also This page listing various mac related vi websites on whitestick, and I don't know if anyone there is likely to be amenable to this sort of news.

I really hope this gets through.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-23 19:29:50

this really is an excellent game.  Will certainly be backing this. smile

2016-10-23 20:07:45

There is nothing I can do to reduce the processor load and the increased fan activity? Is my MacBook Air not powerful enough to fully support it? Does this exhibit this kind of behavior on Windows? If my machine is simply too underpowered, I understand. Regardless of all this, the game is fantastic. I look forward to playing the future episodes.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-10-24 00:16:12

@ Chris
you could change the screen resolution to the smallest one in the list in the settings.
a macbook air doesn't have a graphics card so it could have troubles with the game, but if you don't need the graphics then reducing the screen resolution should fix that.

@ dan_c @ SLJ
thank you so much. we have 3 days left with less than 1000€ to go. we can do it!

@ musicfairy
thank you for trying anyways. they seem to be very strict about any kind of content. you could try to send it in as a app recommendation, but i can't do that.

@ Dark
don't worry. you're helping a lot with your expertise. thank you for that.

2016-10-24 08:38:23

I really hope you make your goal. If I could contribute I would gladly do so. As for the game itself I'm stuck on the ship part where you have to distribute energy. Spoiler
I'm not exactly sure how it works. If I click on Distribute, then Engine or Life Support and then type in a number it always says set to zero. It does the same if I just click on engine and then try one of the subsets within Engine IE thrusters. It always says set to zero no matter what I type. So I'm not sure if it's a certain format or what. Also I'm curious if there's something you're supposed to do in the scene with SOLI after you learn what you learn and it cuts off your connection or whatever.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2016-10-24 09:16:02

@ BryanP
did you try all available control options though? you're only talking about the two but there are more.

the scene with soli is unchanged to the non-blind-mode if that's what you mean. in the overall game there are some minigames that are left out in this version though and one of those is being started in that moment after the soli conversation, but it's not possible to beat and instead stops like it you hear it after a few seconds because Sam intervenes.

2016-10-24 11:41:33

Uhm, ok. But I'm still stuck on the ship part since no matter what I do it says set to zero.

2016-10-24 11:58:28

spoilers ahead:
you have to distribute the energy to engines and life support first, after that you can go into engines and distribute the given energy between the two engine parts. do the same for life support. You can not distribute the energy between the parts because you have to set the amount of energy that you need for that part.
spoilers end.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-24 12:05:46

@ BryanP
spoiler
no it doesn't set it to 0 for all.
go into lifesupport first.

2016-10-24 21:35:38

Well, 69 hours to go and $200 left on the kickstarter.  We'll see what happens!

2016-10-25 13:48:30

Still no go. I went into life support but no matter what I entered it said set to fifty.

2016-10-25 18:01:42

@ BryanP
this is a puzzle. think about what you want to do here.
just inputting anything will not work.
you want to take away from the 50 in lifesuport

2016-10-25 19:20:38

I've tried inputting negative numbers and that didn't work.

2016-10-25 20:35:04

@Kevin
Congratulations! You made it :-). I am so looking forward to play the game.

2016-10-25 20:37:58

@ the player
thank you! we're finally past our funding goal smile 15.000€ and still 48 hours to reach more.

also yesterday we won the "Best Student Project"-Award at Indie Games Play in Paris.

2016-10-25 20:38:50

I even tried typing in a math problem t distribute the energy and it didn't work, so I'm stumped. Of course knowing me it's probably something so obvious that I'm just not thinking of it.

2016-10-25 21:25:36

@bryanP
i think the problem you're having is that you imput negative numbers to substract from the 50 that life suport has.
just try to imput for example. 30.

@kevin.
congratulations!!! you made it and you deserve! it!.
i think we will be able to play the full story, fortunately!

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2016-10-26 00:06:16

Hi Kevin,
I'm so relieved, happy and delighted you made it, even though I personally was not able to spare the cash. Congratulations forever! :-) I'll be looking forward to the final game so much.

At the previous, relatively old post by Eternal Gamer, yes, I'm afraid your definition of an accessible app *is* in deed a bit too super strict. Screen readers were not designed to support games. This game, like many other modern mainstream ones, is made in Unity, which doesn't compose its GUI's using the standard graphics API's and controls provided by the system but rather through custom sprites that you as the developer later fill with any textures of your choice, if I understand it correctly, and there really is no way to make the current screen readers able to support that setup, so I see it as a minor miracle that an Unity dev implemented at least Sapi support, and, most importantly and above all, was motivated enough to do that in the first place. Just look at the screen reader support problems many devs face even when creating audiogames as such. If someone wants to make their game output text directly through a popular screen reader, they will usually come across one or another programmatic issue regarding the obsolete and relatively unfriendly, closed setup of thescreen readers sooner or later. Let's face it, even though screen readers should be providing us with access to as much information and as many different kinds of GUI controls and applications as possible, the amount of information they expose through their own API's, and especially the ways in which you can control that provided information, is pretty limited, so much that it's not sufficient at all for a third party app to be able to hook into the screen reader efficiently. And, last but not least, games just inflict new controls, concepts and paradigms at you as the player in general anyways, so I don't see any problems with that myself.

I mean, as an end user, I would tend to agree with you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, though, we are not yet living in an ideal world and the amounts and complexity of the technical obstacles currently preventing such an ideal universal access support solution is still too large. However, I see other areas where this problem matters much more than with games, since as I said, games do expect you to learn new controls and ways of thinking anyway, so what.

Just my thoughts. I'm not sure whether there'd be any good in this evolving into a discussion though. Quite a lot of such discussions have already been held in the past, I know, and they never led to anything as the screen reader developers won't just be making as complex a redesign of their software as would be needed to make that kind of support possible, after so many years spent coming up with the relatively solid and stable code bases they already have. Asking them to do something like that would be almost like asking, say, the developers of Twitter to integrate Facebook, Skype and Whatsapp support all at once into all their native websites and clients. :-D

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-10-26 00:15:59

Minor
spoilers
for
the
last
puzzle
ahead:

Brian, it seems you have so far only tried to actually redistribute the energy from one unit to another. Try looking directly into the individual ship systems rather than into the rredistribute branch at the generator level of the command hierarchy, if you see what I mean. :-) That should help.

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-10-26 00:16:13

At Mr.Brunete I've tried that. No matter what I type in it still says life support set to fifty. This is after going into Generator and then Distribute.

2016-10-26 05:01:04

Ahoy all
congratulations to kevin and the hole team. and also us.
to them for reaching the goal, and to us that we will have a awesome game coming up tongue

@ kevin 1 question,though. for the 13euros backing at kickstarter we get the full game? I.E all 5 episodes? or just episode 1 that comes after 0

BrianP you actually have to look around in generator a bit more, because there are other options besides distribute in there.

A key to solving the puzzels in this game is to look around and checkout all the options available. I at least found them simple enough that if I looked around at everything that was available eventually I could find the solution.

spoilers ahoy!

spoiler wrote:

I managed to finish the whole game without needing help, however.
I read somewhere that there are 2 ways you can stop the robot, I obviously found one just wondering what's the other?
Here is what I did
checked out the elevator, tried to access, told it was blocked by ID bla bla bla, figured out that that was the robots id number because the dialogue did say the robot was the one hacking the elevator, went to the database, searched, overwrote the robot,deactivated it. poor sod.

Oh and, congrats to the team again for having won the "Best Student Project"-Award at Indie Games Play in Paris!
You definitely deserve it.
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-10-26 07:54:16

Kevin: A big congratulations to you and the rest of the team. I haven't had time to complete the game yet, but I'm glad I backed the project, because I know this will be huge, and really really great. Keep up the fantastic job guys.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen