2016-10-16 12:25:51

hi. I remember that I saw a while ago some posts about a bt sinc folder with audio described movies. does anyone know if it still exists and what's its secret? I would appreciate some help. thanks in advance.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-16 16:37:39

I prefer to download my movies from The Blind Mice Movie Vault, Ray Star's World, or jeff Rutkowski's, primarily because, that way you know you are getting stuff you'll actually be interested in rather than a bunch of files you just end up deleting.

2016-10-16 20:58:54

Agreed. The thing is, though, I wish we were a bit more lucky in the community as a whole. For instance, here in the UK, we can legally watch Doctor Who described, and iPlayer has an audio description setting for catch up episodes, but in the US you guys seem to be stuck with downloads. The same can be said for us too. I can't get Alien on dvd with audio description but I can download it from a website. With the websites as well, we have to rely on the person behind it to update it when new stuff comes out, and there's some things missing. For instance, Age of Ultron is one of the missing things that's definitely audio described.

2016-10-16 21:02:04

Does anyone know if the lord of the rings extended editions ever got a proper description? I know the theatrical releases did, but i could never find if the extended editions did.

2016-10-16 23:13:32

Currently, I have 1631 movies described. I'm still growing with it. I also have almost 200 different audio described TV series. I have quite a few documentaries as well. I'm going to make one of my external hard drive's nothing but audio described content!  I am very nearly at 480 gigs of described content!

2016-10-17 07:39:41

I use those sites to download movies aswell but they use sendspace and that's bloody slow on my end and i'm not willing to pay for higher speed when they should atleast provide that for free considering the other limitation that they have for free users.

Stephen King

2016-10-17 08:14:42 (edited by zakc93 2016-10-17 08:23:21)

There's also stuff I know has been described but which I can't find. I wonder where that blindy tv thing gets there stuff.
Only the blind mice movie vault seems to update regularly; the rest have much less and it's rare for them to have something the movie vault doesn't.

2016-10-17 08:19:41 (edited by Slender 2016-10-17 08:24:42)

It's donated to them. Usually they're recorded in parts of the world where people have audio described content, then they edit out the commercials. You can find more info on what they do here

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-10-17 15:46:00

As far as I know, only the Blind Mice Movie Vault uses sendspace. And while they may have free account limitations, at least they are fully accessible. From what I understand, you can't say that about dropbox, free or paid.

2016-10-17 15:59:06

hmmm I've never had accessibility problems with dropbox. Though their storage limit is very small for free users their download speeds are far greater, I've downloaded files from dropbox with speeds up to 1.5 mb/s and on sendspace I think the limit is 80 kb/s, bloody slow in my opinion.

Stephen King

2016-10-18 14:08:06

hi! could you give me links where possible download described content,please.

2016-10-18 17:03:26 (edited by Figment 2016-10-18 22:52:45)

So each cloud storage solution has it's own way to entice you to buy a paid account. Dropbox uses storage and bandwidth limits, while Sendspace uses download speed limits.

@Sean-Terry01

Besides bragging, what purpose was your message supposed to accomplish, and how does it contribute to the topic of the discussion? I'm asking because, from what I read, it sounds like nothing but bragging.

@Arqmeister

I have the extended edition DVDs, I'll check and see if they have an audio description track, although I've heard you have to get the blue ray discs to get audio description.

@Everyone

Here are the sources I use for audio described content with their URLs. Enjoy!

(URL removed by Moderators)
This is my primary source of audio described content, they use Sendspace, so if you don't have a Sendspace Pro account, download speeds will be metered.

To be able to access the movie vault, you need to sign up as a member of the mall. This is free, but comes with a email newsletter that only sends one newsletter a week to you at most.

Once you are a member and logged in to your account, the link to the movie vault will appear.

I occasionally check the following sites when I'm looking for something specific. They have pretty much everything that the Blind Mice Movie Vault has, and some things they don't, but aren't as reliable, I frequently find broken links in them, that never seem to get fixed despite notifying the web site owner of them.

What they have that the Blind Mice Movie Vault doesn't have are some TV series that aren't bundled up by seasons, but are instead available as individual episodes.

Some of their files are in OGG format instead of MP3, so if your media player doesn't support OGG, you'll have to convert it to MP3.

2016-10-18 17:23:49

@figment
i'm sorry if I have offended you in any way but that wasn't my point. I just wanted to point out the huge differences between the two services, but everyone has the right to choose what suits him. I'm greatfull to those audio described services and I use them aswell.
I already knew about those services, and I'm sure that your topic was extremely for those who don't, but if you carefully read the first post and the topic's title I was asking for the secret of a BT sinc folder not for those sources.

Stephen King

2016-10-18 22:57:10 (edited by Figment 2016-10-18 23:33:50)

@mastodont

My apologies for my mistake, I have edited my message.

@Arqmeister

If the extended cut versions of the Lord of the Rings movies were given audio description, it isn't on the DVDs. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to play blue ray discs, and I have no plans to buy a blue ray player any time soon.

2016-10-19 10:44:08

searching on this forum I stumbled upon a BT sinc folder with about 250 gb of audio described movies that still works, feel free to download the movies but please do not modify the folder so anyone can enjoy it. the secret of the folder is:
B7ERBNQXSZ3QJHOC3LPYSLNUZX3VLVSXI

Stephen King

2016-10-19 15:54:58

What program is used to download this bit sync folder? Although I prefer to download my movies from the Movie Vault, I want to see if this folder has any movies the Movie Vault doesn't have.

Curiosity killed the cat. Fortunately I'm not a cat. I got curious, so I asked Lee, the guy who manages and maintains the Blind Mice Movie Vault, if there was a specific reason why they use Sendspace over Dropbox. He said that it was because Dropbox monitors who downloads any particular file and when it sees the file being downloaded by too many different people, the file is removed or downloads of it are permanently blocked. Not very appropriate for the Movie Vault. He said this happens regardless of whether the Dropbox account hosting the file is a free or paid account. So, since Sendspace has no such restrictions, several paid accounts are used to host the Movie Vault's files. I didn't ask why they use several accounts, it wasn't important.

So it appears that Dropbox isn't a good choice for hosting files you intend to share, regardless of whether your account is free or paid, the shared files will eventually be blocked from further downloads.

@mastodont

Unless it's part of a name, I believe that sync is spelled s y n c, not s I n c.

@Arqmeister

I did some further checking, and learned that only the theatrical (shorter) versions of the Lord of the Rings movies got audio description. The extended cut editions never got it.

2016-10-19 17:03:20

@figment:
you are right, it's Sync, my appologies. you can use a program called bittorrent sync it's completely accessible with nvda. After you've installed the program, open i, hit add folder and tipe the secret in the first edit box, choose a destination for your files and hit ok. In a few minutes the folder should start syncinc.

Stephen King

2016-10-19 18:04:53

What? No link?

I searched for it on Google and found that apparently Bit Torrent Sync is now Resilio Sync because it is not at bittorrent.com any more.

So I downloaded and installed it. When I run it, all I get is an apparently blank window. I found a message that said that the program's main window is created using HTML and that to access it I have to get JAWS to focus on it to switch to treating it as a web page. So far, no luck.

Aren't there any alternatives to this program that is accessible?

I found an earlier version from before it apparently changed hands on FileHippo.com but am reluctant to try it because I suspect it will have the same problem the version I downloaded has, and that is that it is completely inaccessible using JAWS.

2016-10-19 18:16:45

hmm I didn't know that things have changed that much. Anyway, here is the version that I use and a NVDA addon which I guess you won't be needing since you're using jaws. Run the BT sync executable and check if it's accessible with jaws, with nvda it works perfectly.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f87l9vgkhb1zx … n.rar?dl=0

Stephen King

2016-10-20 00:11:59

Strangely enough, that old version works with the JAWS touch curser, also known as  object navigation for you NVDA users. It's not perfect, but it is usable.

Now the big question is, how long will it take to download this folder, which is in progress now?

2016-10-20 08:02:48 (edited by Slender 2016-10-20 08:11:11)

I believe it partially depends on how many peers are online at the moment, and/or your internet connection.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-10-20 08:44:09

yeah it depends on how many peers are online, now I see only the owner of the folder I think but my speed is around 1 mb/s.

Stephen King

2016-10-20 14:59:58

I'm the type who doesn't leave their computer on 24 hours a day. When I went to bed last night I shut down figuring that BTSync would simply pick up where it left off the next time I started it.

But this morning when I started it, it reported syncing with two devices instead of the one I entered yexterday. One device is the remote computer with the movies folder, and the other is my copy of that folder. Is this normal? If not, how do I remove the extra device?

2016-10-20 15:05:02 (edited by mastodont 2016-10-20 15:07:25)

just place the cursor on that device and hit the remove button. this is strange because it should continue syncinc the folder instead of creating a copy. I can confirm that the folder is syncing on your side, I can see an other computer besides me and the owner, so I guess it's you.

Stephen King

2016-10-20 17:52:55 (edited by Figment 2016-10-20 20:14:10)

Yeah, I was hoping there was something specific I had to do to make that button appear. Last night, just like now, I couldn't find the button anywhere, then I did something, don't ask me what, then all the buttons for managing devices appeared.

As stupid and ridiculous as it is, I might have to set up the portable version of NVDA just for this one program.

OK, I installed NVDA and the add-on for bit torrent sync, nothing happens, all that I appear to get is a blank window. Is there something else that needs to be done?