2016-10-19 05:17:32 (edited by devonwiersma 2016-10-19 17:10:02)

Hey everyone!

Since April my friend and I have been developing a fully accessible call and response arcade audio game for Apple and Android devices called Sound Stomp.

We put together a little teaser for the game and we're hoping to be able to release it this holiday season. You can find our teaser hosted at Sound Cloud through this link: https://soundcloud.com/user-20220615/so … io-trailer

If you have any questions or comments about the game or us, please feel free to voice them below or send us an email at sound [email protected]

We're very excited to finally announce this somewhat formally and we're both really hoping we can make a game that you guys will love!

2016-10-19 05:18:48

If you're interested in signing up for email updates just fill out this form and you'll receive emails and updates from us: http://eepurl.com/ckK3-H

2016-10-19 11:14:21

Hello,

Anything more about the game? like what it is about?
Cheers

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2016-10-19 16:56:52

Hello Lirin,

Of course. Sound Stomp is a simple rhythm call and response game. If you've ever played Simon or other games where you memorize sounds or visuals it's a bit like that but with a beat to follow to. It has a fully voiced interface and multiple difficulty levels for different levels of skills, as well as sound by a professional sound designer we've been working with too. It's inspired by other more visual mobile games my partner and I have played and we're aiming to create something players can come back to play whenever they have a few minutes to spare.

2016-10-19 19:07:44

Sounds interesting, hopefully I'll put my hands on it soon.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2016-10-19 19:52:31

how hard will the rhythms be at hard difficulty? will they be a real challenge or simplified beat repetition? just curious.

2016-10-19 20:02:32 (edited by devonwiersma 2016-10-19 20:03:54)

How our core game works so far is that you will hear a string of sounds which correspond to different gestures play on either side of your headphones and you need to repeat what you hear on the proper sides. Our gameplay is still going through some tweaking and balancing, but hard mode will probably consist of a more quickly increase in the speed of the tempo you need to follow along to as well as longer strings to memorize. We'll definitely try to keep it challenging!

2016-10-20 00:04:40 (edited by Phil 2016-10-20 00:12:35)

devonwiersma,
I listened to your teaser,
and it is a little disappointing.
I was hoping to hear a sample of the game sounds that you need to match, even if mixed with the voice over.
Then a song by John Legend, - All of Me played.
  I do like the idea of promoting your work by releasing the game free, but hope you have plans for other games that will pay for your time developing a game.

2016-10-20 17:43:47

Phil,

I understand your disappointment. We've been testing Sound Stomp lots recently and it is still being tweaked and changed constantly, so we were a bit hesitant to show off anything we're not satisfied with. I'll be working to get an audio demo up in the next few days so we can give a better idea of what the game is like.

Both my partner and I are post secondary students and Sound Stomp is being worked on in our free time with student loan money helping us fund it out of pocket, so we're not relying on it to succeed too much. We're also working on setting up a donation link in the in game menu so people can pay for our work if they find themselves enjoying it.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll try and get a demo up soon!

2016-10-23 16:45:11

Hi.
I also got disappointed when listening to the trailer. It doesn't tell much about what the game is about, or show any of the gameplay.
However, the game sounds interesting from what you have told so far. Will the game have trophies intergrated with Gamecenter? That would be awesome. It's great that the game will be free, but why not make some in-app purchases available to get more features and to support your great work?
I look forward to check it out.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen