2016-10-18 16:46:28

yo guys, since i upgraded to win 10 i have problems with my sound drivers, the volume is going up automatic and i don't know how to fix it, i tried most things but no luck, i installed microsoft's own drivers but i can't use my headset mike with them, i just read that dell tested my model for windows 10, anyone have the same problem and a sollution? i really, really need help

2016-10-18 17:41:18

What I'd do is go to Dell's tech support web site and download their sound system drivers.

If they don't list them, then I'd use the device manager to find out the manufacturer and model of the audio chipset then download the drivers from that company's web site.

2016-10-18 17:59:01 (edited by sito 2016-10-18 18:06:57)

hmm, there is someone else who has the same problem as me, it is happening when we use our screan readers. if you don't use one, everything is fine.
i do have the latest version of my drivers. i'm running microsoft's own drivers now but i can't run my headset mike with those drivers, that's why i want to solve this

2016-10-18 18:43:50

hi,
disable audio enhancements with the manufacturer driver. That will solve the loudness correction sound effect.
To do this, go to sound, playback and look under the advanced tab or sound effects or a similar tab. There is a checkbox titled disable all enhancements.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-10-18 19:15:47

nope, i tried it a long time ago and it didn't solve the issue, as i said, if i don't use a screan reader everything works fine. i don't have any fucking ideas why it does that.
is there a way to talk with dell in skype or via a chat?

2016-10-18 20:17:25

ok, i have to apologise. forget that thing about the screan reders. but the problem is still here, if someone know how to contact dell with skype i would like to know it

2016-10-18 22:18:10

hi,
it should not do this if you disable all enhancements. Can you find the dialogue box wwith that option? It is also called enable signal processing with this audio device.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-10-18 22:46:57

If I understand him correctly, he doesn't have the drivers from the hardware manufacturer, he has said a couple of times that he currently has the drivers that come with Windows, which are usually stripped down versions of the manufacturer's drivers, and probably don't offer the option to disable audio enhancements.

I don't know what Dell did with the Latitude he has, but with my Latitude, if I want to use headphones, all I have to do is unplug my speakers, then plug in my headphones, no special drivers needed.

2016-10-19 15:51:53

i think you misunderstood. let me clerify this, i have the own drivers from dell, but i can't use them because the volume is going up automatically. i tried to uninstall and install it again from the device manager and disable all in hancements. nothing worked, i don't know wich sound card i'm using.. and this happened efter i upgraded to win 10

2016-10-19 21:48:46

hi,
Disable dell's startup entries and services and see if that works. And make sure enhancements are turned off.

2016-10-20 19:02:57

it's already disabled as i said previously. i have no idea how to solve this shit. i tried to use dell audio but it's very inaccessible. but it's disabled anyway