2016-10-12 23:42:52

OK. I really need to stop wondering and start asking.
I absolutely love the game's soundtrack. I say soundtrack - I guess that's confusing since I notice you're using several videogame soundtracks in this.
The ones I notice most prominently are from Nintendo 64, mainly the Mario Party series and Mario Kart. Other than that, I have no idea what you're using but would be very interested to know. I'm collecting game soundtracks (I already have 187GB) so if I haven't got some of this stuff it's time for me to start digging deeper and further!
Thanks.

2016-10-13 10:07:41

@Wlomas If you do manage to stick to the path all throughout the race and the turtle still wins, then you're probably not doing it fast enough. One idea I've been playing around with is to start a walkthrough/guide kind of thing for CP, which would most likely involve a text part for the battle and an audio part for the minigames. I am actually already working on the battle part, so perhaps I'll release them separately. If you know of the pg13 plays, you might want to look at their Crazy Party stream, because I'm pretty sure they did the turtle race thing there as well. That should give you a rough idea of how fast you need to be.

2016-10-13 11:01:38

@Arjan, I don't have skype, and to be honest it'd be nicer if the game itself was a little more friendly as regards starting minigames rather than making you rely upon external things like skype groups, especially for newbies since manifestly new players won't necessarily have the information on skype or even want to join groups for it. I don't mind waiting for a game with other people, but I'd prefer either A, the ability to know in game when one was available, or b, the ability to have the game be silent in the background while I'm doing something else, or even both.

As I said currently i'm not even sure whether others can! connect to me, though admitedly between timecrest, frandum and other stuff i've been playing I've not had crazy party up for a bit.

What exactly are the microgames? and do you need to hit f4 to play them?

@Wlomas, what you need to do with the turtle is walk in one direction until you hear the beep, then walk in that direction until you hear another beep. What is particularly tough however is that if you are not in precisely the right place on the path, you don't get the beeps, indeed you should listen to your footstep sounds to make sure your walking on the path and not off it (especially in later races over water or lava).

Assuming your not over or under shooting, your probably just not going fast enough since despite the description the turtle moves pretty quickly. There are two stratogies that have been used. Some people tap the arrow keys, i prefer to hold the key down untiL i hear the beep and then perhaps tap the opposite direction once to get back on track if I've over shot, since generally speaking if your holding the arrows you are faster than the turtle on a streight, though he usually takes turns faster than you.

Really though, the Turtle races are quite tricky, okay when you get the knack but they do take some practice.

@Damien, the soundtracks come from all over the place. Not just mario 64, but several super mario games, as well as updated arrangements of a lot of the sonic games from the sega gensis, plus I believe some purely independently produced music that just has that classic style.

Actually, a downloadable version of the game's soundtrack would be nice, particularly if it listed where the music came from.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-16 08:39:57

Is possible if it isn't already, that a future version might have a way to rename the decks. I would like to rename them so i don't have to remember what types i set them up for.
Unless there is a way to do that, If so how?

Words Are Hard

2016-10-16 11:12:43

I believe that is possible to do, if you hold the letter N while pressing  enter  on which ever deck you want .

2016-10-17 01:56:52

hi. i've been playing party for quite a bit now, i unlocked the following worlds:
the first one, valey or something?
the castle,
the forest,
the underground,
the beach,
the factory,
the cerkess or what ever it is,
the hights,
the volcano,
the math world, (worst of all IMO),
and the darkness.
i know at least one that i haven't unlocked, it's through masterminds i think, i never understood how that thing works and i always run out of try's. now, the math world sucks, please please let you start with -10 points or something. it's harder then you might think getting sqrt of 1210 or something. my problems are not sqrt, but simon thing, i almost failed it, i scored 2 points and i'd like to unlock it, i cant memorize enough sounds, though.
in memory game, one with the cards, please add a timor to how  long you can choose to pick a card, i was able to write down all card names, just wondered if it would work and it did, i still lost, though.
so can you post a list of the worlds i'm missing and a general tip on where should i look? my favorite worlds are the underground and the hights.
thanks, and i've tried the battle mode, i won the first master, ur, jim, but i still have no idea how that works. can you provide a walkthrough/tutorial? saying: "it's like pokemon is not enough". thanks abunch for your help.

2016-10-17 03:49:12

Hi.

Your only missing one world I believe. To unlock it go and look in the volcano, though be ware since the minigame for it is a tough one.

As to the maths questions, well I'll say as I've said before calm down, don't let the music make you panic, and also try working out the somes in your head when not playing, try and guess which ones you have wrong and then go back and think what they should be.
Really it sort of amuses me that people will try and try and try again with the turtle raise or pearl diving or some of the other tough games, but when it gets to mathematics request changes.

Really though there is nothing impossible in the games, i went from not being able to finish them to scoring in the thirties, so it definitely can be done, just perciveer.

With the mastermind, you just need to treat it like a number guess, it's not too bad when you get the hang.
With the cards, again, just try to memorize which card is at which position and get pairs, for example if you go one which is a heart and three which is a club, and then the computer chooses 9 which is a club and 14 which is something else, you go 3 for the club and then 9 for the next club, then if your next card is a 5 which is a heart go 1.

It's really not too bad provided you can recall where the cards are, though you can occasionally get unlucky in terms of who turns over which.

As regards the battle mode I'll explain how it works.

First, what your trying to do is reduce your opponent's hitpoints by playing attack cards. however, you can't just play ultra powerful attacks streight off, you have to level up to them.
If you start off as one type, like say water type, you'll earn one level in each type for every turn you stay in it and every water card you play, this will let you play higher level attack cards.

not all cards are attacks though. Some increase your level, some give your opponent curses like poison or confusion or paralysis, some reduce curses on you, others make you more powerful, either by raising your level or raising your ability to do one sort of damage such as physical or special. Some cards even let you draw more cards from your deck, giving you more chances to play the next card you want.

thus basically you need to try and level yourself up and hurt your opponent with powerful attacks, while stopping them from hurting you.
just remember to check each card with the e key before playing and you should get the principle.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-17 11:16:14

Hi,

I'm getting really frustrated. I'm in adventure moad, and I'm on the forest world. There's a game where you need to fill your bucket with water, and wash the windows of the castle. I've washed every window, and I always get minus 20 points. How do you score points in that game?
Thanks for any help.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-10-17 13:48:51

You have to keep hitting f on a window, not just throw water over it. If you keep hitting f, you will here the window being cleaned, just keep hitting f until you here the ding, you know what it is when you hear it.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2016-10-17 14:58:11

AH, gotcha. Thanks so much.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-10-17 15:09:40

Funny, my biggest problem in the intellectual was actually quiz with numbers. I suppose you can just look up all the answers, which is basically what I did just to unlock it... But I don't do that in the online mode, in fact more often than not I use the joker for that game so at least I get 0 points, plus some additional steps taken and possibly a ruby which helps for the special bonuses.
Square roots is partly logic, and partly memorizing. It's definitely an example of a game you'll probably fail horribly if you don't play it a lot. Practicing definitely helps a lot in this game. But especially for the harder questions, try and use logic. For example, the square root of an odd number is always an odd number, and the square root of an even number is always even. So if you know the square root of 900 is 30, and you get asked the square root of an odd number which is somewhere in the 800's, then it's probably 29.
my highest score on that game is actually 136 points, but I basically played that game a whole bunch of times in quick succession. Lately I did not play it at all for a few weeks, and I only got 14 points a few days ago.
Simon is one of the I think 3 games I haven't unlocked, and probably the only one which I never will. I can at most manage 6 or 8 points, which of course is not enough. It also doesn't help that it's near the end of the intellectual world, so you have to do all those other things again first.

2016-10-18 12:50:06

Hi all, I've been having a lot of fun with these games also, but I'm so far, unable to get past 2 of them I can think of.

These are on the forest world btw.
First is the ant hunt game, soldier ants come running at me from seemingly every opening, and I can't survive long enough to get a positive score. I think my best score on that so far is minus 8. lol sad. I keep running into walls, and this prevents me from making any kind of map of that area in my head. Any hints? Like, in the beginning maily stick to the left side of the map. or right away head out about a ten count then turn north. Anything would be appreciated.

The other game, I forget what its called, but like, climb around on a tree and don't get stung by wasps. lol I totally don't see what the object of this one is. Or, is it like the first game I mentioned, the ant hunt.
Keep out of they're way long enough till time runs out. Any stratagies on these two games would be very much appreciated!

I tried to scroll back some through these pages but after seeing there's 25 of them, ugh. I know I'm a bit of a late comer to the party, sorry.
smile

Thanks in advance.

2016-10-18 13:51:53

With the ant hunt, I usually try to stick to the side walls just because it's harder to find the openings in the passages. I believe most of the walls run horizontally across the area, so you can usually run in a streight line right or left, but finding a way through them vertically can be problematic as there is no indication where there is a break in the walls, though if your lucky you can get past an ant who is coming at you  horizontally by faking it out to one side then moving to the other and darting past. Generally speaking so long as your moving the ants can't get you, so try and run in streight lines (preferably horizontal streight lines), as much as possible, still I'll agree that one is a hard one, and it's not the last you'll see of the ant's nest either unfortunately.

As to the wasps, if I remember rightly it's like most side scrolling levels in the game, ie, you get points according to how far to the right you can get, just like in  most of the top down levels, you get points according to how far to the top you can get, though there are exceptions of course.

With the wasps just don't take risks, and runaway when needed and you should be okay, you can even run close to the wasps without getting stung since the game seems fairly forgiving in that respect (far more than with some enemies), though obviously don't bank on this.

hth.

2016-10-18 16:40:17

Yep... The wasps just seem to sting at random times, which makes the game a bit too luck-based in my opinion, sometimes you can run by a whole bunch of wasps and never get stung once, while at other times you only encounter a few wasps but it stings you out of nowhere.
You have to go all the way to the right, but you also need to climb to different levels because your path will be blocked otherwise.
The ants hunting thing unfortunately I haven't really found a pattern to. Running in circles seems to be your best option, but if another ant blocks your path forward then you might get unlucky and be surrounded by walls, and before you know it... Crunch.
Funny how for me at least, the other two ant games aren't nearly as annoying as this one... I can do this one too, but again it seems to be a little too based on luck.

2016-10-18 22:14:23

I disagree on luck Arjan, with the wasps I actually thought it was the game giving you a bit of a break since after all other enemies you encounter and need to avoid like those robots in the factory aren't so forgiving, and it's better if you can simply avoid the wasps, indeed the level is sort of made for that since there are usually alternative routes if one is blocked by a bunch of wasps.

With the ants, I don't find it random so much as irritating in that there is no way to know when you will encounter a gap between the walls. usualy I run around the edges of the playing area, often being chased by an ant, but if I run into one coming the other way I might need to cut across the center which can be a major problem if I am going horizontally and need to dash vertically out of the way and so I don't know where there is wall and where there might be a gap to go through.

I have occasionally got lucky and been able to get past an ant who is coming at me horrizontally by going to the top or bottom of that corridor, faking out so it's coming at me then diving down or up and round, but this is risky.
Then again the walls in the ants game aren't half as much of a problem as the walls in some top down minigames, ---- the ones in that one where you hunt flowers for grandma are a right pest.

2016-10-18 23:25:50

Thanks guys for the tips on those. With the ant hunt, I can only run a fairly short way to the east and/or to the right before I come up against a wall. So that's why I was wonder if sticking to the left or right side, then going north might be an idea. but I guess for now its a matter of getting fast enough and lucky enough to dodge around them to get a positive score to get past the forest level.

As far as the wasps, is there a number or letter corisponding to the sting sound before the mini game begins? I can't tell when I'm getting stung.
Also, the horizontal branches on that tree seem awfully short. lol

I have to agree with you Dark as to the game where you gather flowers for grandma. I'm sure there's a fair number of flowers somewhere, but they seem so few and far between. And all the little dead-ends makes it a very frustrating game.
Its like hey, I'm already blind and sometimes run into walls in rl, now I have to do this is a game too. Heh that always annoys me and makes me a bit more ticked then it should.
big_smile

Thanks again!

2016-10-19 03:54:41

Hi,

Can someone help me race the stupid turtle? lol I saw one where you had to race him in the woods, and then on the beach. I can't beat him. How do I beat him?
Any help would be highly appreciated.

2016-10-19 05:14:01

For turtle help see post 606 and 607. on page 25 here.
smile
hth

2016-10-19 08:45:23

@Mike, with the wasps you don't so much need the sting sound as the wasp sound. Basically if you hear wasps near you, turn around and find another way to the right say by going back to a section of tree and climbing up or down and trying again, and only run through them if you absolutely %100 have to.

With the ants as I recall you start off, as you do in many of the top down minigames, at the middle bottom of the area, so you can run either west or east to the bottom corners and then start running north, then hopefuly be able to run naround the edges of the area without having to go into the middle and tangle with all those horizontal corridors.

I actually was hoping Pragma might put some different stepping sounds as indicators for where gaps in the walls are. He does this in some minigames, but not it seems in the ant hunt or the flowers for grandma game which is a little annoying and hopefully something he'll fix in the future.

Btw Mike, whether Staindadict indeed sees posts 606 and 607 on page 25 will depend upon how many posts per page he's got the forum set to in his settings. The max is 75, which is how I have it set since I'd rather have fewer pages with a long stream of posts than lots of pages with not as many on them.

Actually I'd recommend that setting to everyone, since the only reason for multiple pages is for sighted people who find having large sets of info on one page and needing to scroll visually too much text to deal with, but if your using a screen reader your probably better off having as many posts as possible displayed so you don't need to interupt your reading to change pages. You can also set the number of topics per page of the forum to 75 as well which is similarly useful. Find the setting under profile>settings.

Hth.

2016-10-19 10:41:09

The key to wasps is to not let them be near you for long. What you need to do in tree to climb?
If you are going right, and you hear a wasp approaching, stand still, and listen to where it turns around. If that point is fairly close, chase it to the right, the wasp should turn around after a few squares, and it will come right back at you. WHen this happens, keep walking right. That way the wasp will not get a chanse to sting you.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2016-10-19 15:27:40

@dark: Your strategy will probably work for when you are soloing, but good luck trying to get a decent score if you're in a competition. Taking all those detours means you will often waste valuable time which others are almost certainly going to use to get ahead of you. This is actually a good example of a game which can change people's scores by quite a bit.
Roel's strategy is probably the best for dealing with this. But there is still the chance that you will be stung as the wasp flies in the opposite direction. No real way to avoid that sadly. But if you want something even more frustrating, try lake with wasps. The wasps are much more plentiful there, meaning it's virtually impossible to stay clear of them all the time, and you also can't dive underwater everywhere.
Finding flowers for grandma is definitely annoying, but the game actually does finish if you picked up all of them. So to be able to get 20 points you will have to find every last one. Usually I miss a few.

2016-10-19 16:02:09

Hmmm, Arjan I'm not sure what you mean about stratogy, I've finished the tree and wasps game with maxed out 20 points. did do lake with wasps, and the climbing the cliff game as well which also features wasps and they were okay, though I don't recall whether I unlocked lake with wasps or not.

2016-10-19 19:13:33

I never said it was impossible, or near impossible, to finish it. That's the nice thing about randomness, I guess. You can get away with putting yourself in danger, if you're lucky. Even if you play it safe, it's still perfectly possible to finish the games, as I've said. You just won't be able to do it very quickly, which is often what is required of you in competition mode. Also as I said, there's still always that slight chance of you getting stung no matter what, because the stinging happens at completely random intervals (I've sometimes seen it happening 4 times in one second, sometimes not at all for over 5 seconds). But I still prefer the robots and such, because there's a pattern to them which works out all the time. Which doesn't mean they are necessarily easy either, there's places where there are two robots with the exact same patrol route, but one of them is always slightly ahead of the other. But if I do die to the robots or what have you, at least I can blame myself for not getting the timing right, rather than the random numbers which determine whether a not a wasp decides to sting right now, or one second later.

2016-10-19 21:49:10

@Arjan that seems to be the thing with the wasps though. Do you risk the randomness and just peg it through crowds of wasps to get their quickly? or do you play it safe and find another route.

Obviously in single player you play it safe if you can, but that's what makes multiplayer with games like that interesting.

2016-10-20 13:03:31

Yay! made it through the forest level now temporarily stuck on the diamond mine, I can only ever find two good diamonds.
I'm sure I'm missing either other levels or other galleries, not sure where else to search for good diamonds.
I assumed when I dropped off the 2 diamonds, they'd spawn more good ones. So far, no dice, er, no diamonds.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks much.
smile