2016-10-18 00:40:35

Hello,
as I'm finally able to play PSP games, I've been wanting to play this for years.  I've heard blind folks can successfully complete this, so does anyone have any playing tips regarding well... tactics, getting skills and the like?

2016-10-18 00:43:22

Hi.
ou can look up the audio demo of the game on brandon coles website, he  made a pritty good demo on how to play the game.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-10-18 01:23:25

ah, I should have probably stated that I have listened to that, so my questions mainly pertain to how to know what skills and items to get, as well as to play later missions as simply as possible.
I hear both campaigns are beatable.

2016-10-18 03:51:59

isn't learning what skills you need and figuring out how to complete quests part of the fun of playing the game?

2016-10-18 04:47:11

Very true, but I need to know what I'm selecting first   In the menus . smile

2016-10-18 05:43:16

are you useing psp emulator?, if yes,  use ocr,  that   may help you on the menu.

2016-10-18 16:11:57

there's a pretty good faq on gamefaqs you can look at, although it was never completely finished to my knowledge

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2016-10-18 17:21:58

ah yes, gamefaqs.  what a wonderfully useful site.
I seem to remember you saying you completed the game, on hard if I remember rightly.  well done sir.

2016-10-19 01:26:58

well with a bit of trial and error, things are going rather well so far.  The only issues I'm having are the follwing:
sometimes, such as on bonus battles, the enemy likes to get out of range of all my units when there is only one left on their team.  Any ideas on dealing with this?
secondly, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to purchaise skills and items.  I have a list of them, but when on the stats screen, no button appears to do anything so I'm very confused.
Loving the game though. smile

2016-10-19 01:59:00

scroll with L and R, lol sometimes it's the simplest things... took me a while to actually try doing that myself

2016-10-19 02:23:06

scrolling with L and R, I know that switches targets, hence I found it odd that none of my units could hit them.  Unless  you're talking about the stats screen? if so, awesome.  I especially love the mostly non-wrapping menus in this thing.
is the whole game beatable if I do figure out items and such?

2016-10-19 11:47:04

not that I have this game but how are you coping with menus there's no tts is there.

2016-10-19 11:50:05

Most menus  don't wrap  which  makes things a lot easier to deal with. .

2016-10-19 17:39:15

some of the levels aren't exactly completeable, like even if you kill everything you still have to complete something else and there's no indication of where your objective is

2016-10-19 18:09:42

I tried to get a save earlier to play with all the levels, but neither the EU or USA one I tried worked.  how odd.

2017-12-10 00:05:42

Hi,
so you might wonder why I brought this topic back from the dead.
Reason being, I've been gaming with OCR pretty much exclusively for the past few weeks and have had incredible results.
I'll start another topic if people want to share what can now be played, but this game reads near perfectly.  skills, items, enemies and hit accuracy all read like a charm.  So if anybody wants to play this again, it should be a lot easier to build up your characters the way you want.

2017-12-10 00:41:31

Hi, are you using an emulator? If you are, where did you find the iso for the game? I have this game on my actual psp, but it would be nice to OCR as i love any lord of the rings game.

2017-12-10 02:10:31

Can I get a quick text explination of controls/how to manage the phases? thanks.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-12-10 11:21:03

Hi.
Wow. I'm surprised it works that great by using OCR. What emulator are you using and what OCR solution?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-10 12:24:16

Ppspp and windows 10.  It’s not perfect, but we can at least know who we are targeting and what skills and items we are using .
There is an attack phase and a movement fase.  First press X to select the character, moving to where you want, and confirm.  You will know when you move outside the grid, because you will hear a hideously unpleasant sound.  When done moving your characters, press the circle button and the music will change.  Once again select a character, and again to confirm your attack.  When a character is selected, the square button will take you  to the items and skills selection.  The L button will cycle through enemy targets, and the are Button through friendly.

2017-12-10 19:00:46

A bit out of topic here. I think I've asked somewhere else before, but sie it's brought back with pretty much ocr discussions, is there any way to use the addon without using numpad?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-12-10 19:29:38

it's not an addin anymore.  when you press nvda + R, a window pops up with the arrow keys to navigate if you want.
Couple of things  I didn't mention. 
on the stats screen for buying skills and items, circle acts as the select button, while x takes you to the missions screen.

2017-12-11 01:38:01

oo really? Thank you! I'll try it now and see if it works.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.