2016-10-17 20:36:26

Hello all.
I can not find the 7128 gamebook.
How to get it?
P.s. I want a demo.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2016-10-17 23:08:17

7-128 Software

2016-10-17 23:38:08

GameBook - Perceptions Edition (blind-accessible)
The Perceptions Edition of the GameBook contains 5 games:

Inspector Cyndi in Newport - Death Nell - detective game
Kim's Game - memory game
The Definition Game - word game
Crambles - word game
Completion - word game

Special for Gamers who are Blind or People who are Buying for Gamers who are Blind

All controls for the GameBook and all games in the GameBook - Perceptions Edition are keyboard accessible and sound labelled. Special audio prompts maintain
a clear context of where the gamer is in the game.
$25
GameBook - Perceptions Edition - click here to buy

http://www.7128.com/getgames.html

2016-10-18 10:08:22

Hmmm, I'll need to update the links and info for those.
these days you don't need the 7-128 gamebook specifically you can download the game's separately, though the gamebook still serves as a compilation package letting you buy several games together in one lot.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-18 18:14:23

Hello! I have a question:
Does the games fron this company work with NVDA?
And do they have free downloadable demos?
Thanks.

Cloud Gaming makes me part of this new generation.

2016-10-18 20:25:19

They have no free demos, no mention of NVDA.
Blind enabled games self-voice using SAPI or recorded voices.
JAWS does not appear to support any Java programs, including our games, under any 64-bit version of Windows.

2016-10-18 21:07:14

So, does that mean that the games only work with 64-bit windows?
And that they are very accessible for sapi, no needing for a screen reader?

2016-10-18 22:03:38

Nope, they work on 32 bit windows too and with sapi they're fine.
My only cryticism is if your not using sapi they use a free tts voice which sounds pretty horrible, but with sapi things aren't an issue. Generally speaking I'd personally much rather sapi support than screen reader support in games anyway myself, even though there are these days games that do support supernova, I just find sapi support more efficient, especially if i want to do something else while I'm playing, and even more especially if the game has to speak text in real time.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-19 18:09:04

O thanks.
But how to download a demo version for 7 days?

2016-10-20 11:18:45

Unfortunately there aren't demos of their games anymore, which is a shame, there used to be but the demos were removed.

Still i'd recommend them if you fancy light mystery or puzzle games.

2016-10-21 09:12:13

Thanks for ansuer.

2016-10-29 23:32:49

Hello!!
Well, i've decided that i want to buy the 7128 gamebook, perceptions edition, but i have questions.
does the game reads with the sapi 5? or the game as a built-in tts?
does it suports NVDA?
I'm afraid to risc buying and it don't work.
Thanks.

2016-10-30 14:36:30

Sapi yes. It also has an automatic tts system but the voice it uses is pretty horrible so your better off with sapi.
The games do come with a money back guarantee I believe so you shouldn't worry too much, I'd also recommend emailing 7-128 software, as they are rather nice people and always ready to answer questions (it's they who maintain the top 25 websites list for gamers who are blind after all).