2016-10-17 08:51:17

again, i wouldn't be able to make the puzzles easier anyways. thanks for the confirmation though.

the way how you perceive the game however is different for different people, so maybe something is missing on what information the sapi voice is giving you. but i can't figure that out without people playing the game in my office or on videos.
We have an appointment with a local accessibility agency today. Maybe they can help us on that regard.

2016-10-17 21:39:47

Hi Kevin,
I tried to distribute the energy across the ship, but I don't see where to adjust the turbines.
I did adjust the thermal control as well as the oxygen and pressure.
also there is an option that says shields locked not interactible.
how can I successfully get the ship up and running?
I tried various energy values to see if everything is running but I was unsuccessful.
so now I don't know how to get the puzzle solved for the ship.

2016-10-17 21:44:43

hi nick,
i'd really like to understand where your problem comes from on a deeper level.
do you maybe not listen to all the available commands when they are read?

so you said you can't find the control unit where to adjust the engine energy?
it's in ship.generator.engine.control

2016-10-17 22:01:06

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
a
l
e
r
t
please stop reading this puzzle if you don't want to be spoiled.
when it asks you to distribute the energy to the ship, first you have to distribute the thermal energy to 0.
to distribute it, go to the life support control, then clear the thermal energy to zero. then, type ship.generator.distribute, then distribute the life support energy to 25. once that's done, type ship.generator.life support.control and set the following:
pressure=10, oxigen=10, and thermal energy=5.
then, go back to ship.generator.distribute, then you'll hear that you have 25 generator energy remaining, so use all 25 energies to distribute the engine.
then, go to ship.generator.engine.control, and set the following:
thruster=15 and atitude control=10.
now you've distributed all the energy, so now, let's try to start it up.
to start up the engine, type ship.engine.ignite, then you'll be told all the systems is running.
end of spoilers

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-10-17 22:02:29

I listen to all the commands and they are being read.
I know where generator is, I know where life support is, I know where distribute is as well as engine.
my problem is trying to figure out how I can successfully distribute all parts to the ship.
do I have to take away some parts and then go back into generator then engine and control and life support?
how many parts do I need to distribute to get the ship running?
I know where the energy control is.

2016-10-18 07:28:41

musicfairy wrote:

It seems their are a lot of questions being asked of what to do without much effort being put fourth. Their is a reason all of these things are puzzles, people. Careful what you ask for. I personally like fiddling with things, it is more than a story that way and it makes me feel like I am a part of everything, well done to you, Keven, for implementing this so well and weaving the puzzles in beautifully!

Completely agree. at the moment, none of those puzles had to do with accesibility or something like that, all of you can solve them like i did. others also solved them, so no complains about puzles, please. just try to relax if something is not working, and come back to the game later.

i'll give an example.
spoiler
there are two ways to stop the robot.
1) override it.
2) kill it.
i don't know how to override it yet, but i'll figure it next time i play the episode, that's the fun of it!
end spoiler.
distributing the energy to the ship only requires some minor calculation, nothing hard at all. just be patient, and i'm not trying to be ofensive here, just try and you will be much more satisfied tan asking here.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2016-10-18 19:05:08

Hi Keven,
I completed the demo of the game.
I figured out the sequence to the part where I have to distribute the energy to the ship.
as well as override the robot.

2016-10-19 10:16:18

glad to hear that.

@ nick
can you now understand better what the problem was?
what was not clear enough?

2016-10-19 13:04:10

The first mac version is now online. Whoever has a mac and wants to give it a try, you can also get it at:
https://goodwolfstudio.itch.io/code-7

In the mac version you can enter the name of the voice you want to use in the settings already. Just ignore the fact that the game tells you to insert a number. Just type out the name of the voice, like Alex or Karen.
I'll find a way for the Windows version soon too, i promise, but for now the mac version was the next step.

As always any feedback is highly appreciated.

2016-10-19 22:12:46

Hello,

I can't download the Mac version with visually impaired support. Nothing happens when I activate the link. I've tried Chrome and Safari.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-10-20 07:16:08

Hi Chris,
I'm not sure what you mean. I can download the version.
On itch.io there are several buttons on the lower part of the page.
Windows, Mac, Linux and then Windows visually impaired and Mac visually impaired
Did you click the Mac visually impaired link?

2016-10-20 10:21:04

Well, Nick, you haven't figured it out, you were given a step by step spoiler. But anyways, at least you have completed the game now. I mean, there is 100% of energy in the ship, just like there is 100% in any total, 50% is locked on the shields, so you only had the remaining 50% to redistribute between life support and the engine. Then, inside the individual ship systems, you had to figure out how to split the assigned percentages into two and three parts, respectively. That's like elementary school math. You could have tried all these questions out yourself to see what the results are, rather than asking them out right here without making any effort. That's just something I don't understand. If you don't want to try all the possibilities for yourself, you shouldn't be playing an adventure game but rather, say, reading an adventure book instead.
Just my two cents.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-10-20 14:35:36

Hi lukas,
I don't read adventure books.
I like playing adventure games because some puzzles are hard to solve.
When the next episode of code 7 comes out I will ask for more help to solve the next puzzle.

2016-10-20 23:47:16 (edited by Chris 2016-10-21 00:13:51)

Hello,

I was able to download the Mac version. I'm currently stuck on the pressure door puzzle. When I enter room control and then type access to get to the pressure selector, it says automatic. When I change it with enter, I don't get any speech feedback and can't figure out how to adjust the pressure. When I press enter, I get the message to close the app with escape and I am then returned to the available commands with the pressure set to automatic. What do I do? I will be contributing to this project. This game is awesome!

edit

I figured ut the pressure control. I have to arrow around and tap enter to find it. The speech doesn't seem to read it after you toggle to manual mode. Now, how do I solve this? I've got the pressure set around 81-5 for both, but no matter how small I make the changes, it seems like one is 81.57 while the other is 81.54 or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

2016-10-21 08:59:50

you're good, if the difference is that small you can probably go and unlock the door now. I didn't manage to get them equal either but the door was unlocked.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-21 17:57:31

How do I unlock the door? I could only find room control.

I've got a couple questions about the game. First, why does the Mac version use a lot of battery and CPU? I came back after eating to find my fan was cranked up to the maximum and my battery was almost dead. Second, can you save the game? If not, the option to save should be added so that you don't have to start from scratch.

2016-10-21 18:53:23

spoiler after this line:
go and inspect the door.
end of spoiler

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-22 14:13:44 (edited by EternalGamer 2016-10-22 14:45:00)

Hi!
Wow what an amazing game!
The funniest part, in a creepy way, was discovering the player character's ... well let's call it health condition.
Proudly completed without hints!
And the best part for me personally is the voice playing Sam. What an amazing depth of expression and wild vividness throughout the ups and downs of it. Please tell that person she's worldclass and really had me want to protect that character.
The only thing I don't like about it is the self-voicing aspect. Nonvisual access to text is associated so strongly with screen readers that this seems off. Why force new toolsets on people who spent a lot of time and effort learning their perfectly good toolsets, configuring their voices, setting pitch and speed just right, setting their shortcuts just the way they like them? My definition may be superstrict but I define an accessible application as one that works with my existing screen reader.
This is my only point of criticism though. Apart from that I love this game and can't wait to play episode 1.
Kind regards,
EG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2016-10-22 18:49:37

Ahoy all!

When I first read this topic, and all about the game, I was excited felt that this game would be fun, better than those IF text adventures that I have never been able to get anywhere beyond the begining.
But I just tried the game,and feel its quite excellent and my excitement was justified.
Its not only a interactive fully voiced text/audio game,but its also something like one of those games that are quite a trend nowadays, I.E you get in communication with someone and help them along. If you are sick of those games by now, do not fear,because from all indications its not just limited to that but aye, it does incorperate that method a bit in episode 0,at least.
I would also like to extend my thanks and regards to the developer of this game who has made efforts to make this awesome game accessible to the visually impaired and your willingness to connect with the players is also great.

I would erge everybody that can to back this game on kickstarter, cause I don't know about you but I for one would certainly like to see where this game goes next!
And hey, I gotta say, the actress voicing the character is hot tongue
I hope this project makes it it has reached €12,637 with 5 days to go to the goal of €15,000!
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-10-23 00:21:14

I'm stuck on the robot puzzle. What is the robot ID code so I can search it in the database? When I tried to find it out, the speech read something like ed112011 or at least I think that was what it was. Since most speech synthesizers garble strings of random text, would it be possible to put spaces in the codes so that the synthesizer would read character by character? It would certainly make things easier.

I will be contributing to this game right now. My only question is about the CPU usage. Currently, I have the game running in another window as I type this in Safari. My Mac fan has gone quiet once again. What's going on with the CPU? Does this game use way too many system resources?

2016-10-23 11:03:47

I haven't checked this topic for a while, but I will say I was well impressed with the game and would urge anyone who can to support it.
Unfortunately at the moment my cash reserves are rather tight, owing to the hole getting married thing, but I'll be interested to see where this game goes. and  hopefully be able to buy and play it next April.

Oh, I did send an email to the audeasy list, a mailing list for discussion of accessible games, so hopefully there are people on that list who didn't see the news at front of site who might want to contribute.

I also believe there is a mac users mailing list, and I know a lot of people with mac computers are looking for more games, so perhaps looking that out might help too, you could also try www.aplevis.com, apple's own accessibility site which has a dedicated forum.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-23 15:03:16

Just downloaded it and gave it a go. So far I like it and, if my finances ever become less tight I'll definitely contribute. But I'm stuck. I've managed to get Sam out of the room she starts in but I can't get her t0 room 025. It says security not high enough. This is while I'm trying to find a way for her to get to my position. I've explored all the computers in the various other rooms she can access but unless I'm missing something I can't find a way to progress. I apologize if this question has been asked before, but any hints would still be appreciated.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2016-10-23 15:22:12 (edited by kevin.glaap 2016-10-23 15:22:25)

@ BryanP
well.. there's only four more days for the Kickstarter campaign. if that's not successful the game won't be made.
spoiler
there's an attachment in one of the mails you can open
spoiler end

@ Dark
thank you. apple vis doesn't want developers themselves to send in the data. so if any of you is in that community, please tell them about the game.

@ Chris
it's a 3D game so of course it needs a lot of resources. We can't just stop the game from being what it is in the background.
spoiler
it should be 1112011
spoiler end

@ EternalGamer
thank you. the thing about the screen readers though is not like they just support whatever you program and the engine that the game was made in is not supported by the screenreaders. so there's no possible way for us to make the game playable with screenreaders.

@ grryfindore
thank you for your support. we have four more days to make it and only need 1750€ more. Somehow this must be possible.

2016-10-23 15:53:03

Good luck.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2016-10-23 17:24:48

Spoiler
I'm confused about deactivating the robot. I don't seem to be able to affect the room in a way that'll neutralize it before it breaks through to sam.