2016-07-08 21:03:30

Will be waiting

2016-07-09 19:01:57

Hi.
Sorry for the long wait, but something is wrong with my recording equipment, it might take me some time to find the error, I hope I will get this recording up today or tomorrow so you can get a listen on the game.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-07-11 06:19:01

Hi.
Ok, after some trying, I managed to record a game with me playing the penguins, facing off against the kings, AKA Pitzburg VS Los Angelus.
You will notice that there are almost no goals in this game, but that I didn't even get close to the Kings goal even ones in the game.
Maybe you can listen to this and tell me maybe some strategies, for example how to shoot passes correctly, what the line changing is, and if there are certain basic strategies I can use to get in to the game.
You will notice that that there will be a sound sounding like static in the game from time to time which is not more than a second long, I don't know why that has happened.
The link for the file is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a2tpn59og9ud … s.wav?dl=0
Depending on when you see this post, the file might still be uploading, so if you get an 404 error, don't worry, it is still uploading.

2016-07-11 16:07:31 (edited by seb 2016-07-11 16:08:06)

Okay, there are definitely some issues.

First, I feel like you were not skating in the right direction all the time, although you did have a few good scoring chances. You also picked up on how to win faceoffs pretty well. First go to your options menu, then display, make sure the camera setting is set to "always down". The setting you need to change is somewhere at the bottom.

Then go to AI Options, and click on basic, then go down to pass/shoot and do a left click on that. You want to set passing assist to 7 so at least you will have more control on your passes and they will go to a player of your team without needing to aim much.
After selecting a team, go to starting line-up, and left click on the manual options for edit lines and shot aim, and set them to auto. Your players were tired as hell because the line changes were not happening, and you definitely should not bother changing lines especially since you didn't play the game long enough to get used to that, that's why those should be set on auto. Let me know when this is done so I can write tips in another post. So far so good though, and you'll get used to those.

2016-07-12 15:41:06

Hi.
Wel, the good news first, I now feel that I have some control over the players in my team.
I am wondering if I set it up correctly so that the auto line changes and auto aim are enabled for the home team, I think I got it.
I am still wondering on two things.
1: How to for example get the puck from an opponent? I heard that you can body check him or steal the puck off him, is that right?
2: Do i need to just tap the pas button? I heard that when you hit the button for longer, that the pass gets harder, so, how long do I need to press the button? And while we are at it, is it always save to use the regular pass or when do I need to use the saucer pass?

2016-07-12 17:03:44

You should use the normal pass button and just tap it. I only saucer the puck over an opponent's stick when I'm tight in the offensive zone

2016-07-18 09:55:37

Hi.
Ok, back again, had some stuff to do the last few days.
Ok, I changed the auto change and aim things, I hope they are correct, it now looks like this.
manual aim, auto aim.
manual line change, auto line change.
I hope that's the right way.
I still need some help, what is a god way to get the stick off your opponents stick?
Also, what is that swooshing sound you sometimes hear, you also hear that quite often in the recording I posted a while back.

2016-07-18 16:45:38

It is the right way to set shot aim/line changes, however keep in mind that whenever you play a game as the away team you will need to change the ones on the left. I use the poke check / saucer pass button to take the puck away, but one mistake I used to make and that you are probably making too is using the change player button when you don't have the puck. Instead, when you don't have the puck, skate towards your zone and trust your AI team mates to get the puck back. If you keep switching players you might switch to a defenseman and leave opening for your opponent to score on you.

2016-07-18 22:40:06

Hi.
Well, you are right, I did do use the change player button to activate a player near my opponent.
I actualy don't have a really good imagination on how large the playing field is and if I am in my zone or not, do you have any tips on that matter?

2016-07-18 23:32:31

Apart from listening to hockey games, I don't really have any tips on that. The ice where you play is a big rectangle with your zone on the south end, the center ice zone at center and your opponent's zone north. I'm not sure how I could explain it better than that. That's why really knowing a lot about the sport of hockey is going to help you a lot.

2016-07-19 08:58:29

Hmm, ok, seams I have to find a way to find a method to listen to hockey games on the radio.
Did you change other values then the assist value? Just wanted to make sure cause if I am able to win some exibition games, I am interested in how a season works.

2016-07-19 15:29:28

No all of the other values are unchanged. You can also change the advantage slider to make it easier for you, increase the slider in the starting line up options' before starting a game

2016-07-19 15:32:03 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2016-07-19 15:39:28)

Advantage slider? havent seen that, have to check again.
BTW, are the fights which I heard of any use or is this just a random gimmic in the game?
Also, when the opponent team has the puck, I now scate back in my zone and move around there randomly, or do you have a better Idea?
Edit.
Ok, I think I have it, below the lineup screen, there is an option apapparently, looking like this
CPU 0 Human.
Is it that?

2016-07-19 19:02:15 (edited by seb 2016-07-19 19:07:07)

yeah it's the right option. When you don't have the puck, it all depends which player you were controling lost the puck. If it's a right winger, I'll usually go in my zone on the right side of the ice and vice versa. If I was a defenseman, I'll switch player so he becomes controlled by the CPU. Knowing how the rink is made and where you should position yourself is a matter of knowing defensive strategies and stuff. If you have an idea where the net is you could position yourself easily in front too, that'll prevent the opposing team from passing the puck across

2016-07-20 04:40:44

Ok Ok, I have to admit, I was playing the game a bit more conventional, I guess I just llooked at the roster ones and tried my luck... might not be the best option hee?
I don't want to ask you everything about strategies, cause I guess it's getting really tiresome for you, so, do you know a website where I can learn a bit more about hockey strategie?

2016-07-22 08:16:45

Hi.
Well, finished a game with a 2 to 1 victory, well, something different for a change.
Do you actualy know some websites where I can learn more about the sport of hockey, for example terminology, offensive and defensive strategies and so on?

2016-07-22 17:18:23

I don't have much time to write this post so I will try to be quick, if you have questions let me know. Assuming you play with a controller, your gamepad changes your strategies. There is no sound when you use it, but the menus are not wrapping so it's easy to know which strategies you selected. Use the arrows in game to change strategies. Up and down controls your offensive strategies, left and right is for defensive. Here are the offensive strategies starting from the first one up.

Full Attack: Players are only thinking about offense.

Aggressive: Defense will take some chances.

Standard: A good mix of cautious and aggresssive play.

Conservative: Players are cautious about getting caught up ice.

Defend Lead: Players will not take any chances.

And here are the defensive strategies from left to right

Protect Net: Players collapse in the defensive zone.

Contain Puck: Players will stay between the puck and the net.

Normal: A solid mix of one on one and zone defense.

Puck Side Attack: Players on the strong side attack the puck.

High Pressure: Your team is at their most aggressive.

2016-07-22 17:21:24

Hi.
Wait, so my gamepad is choosing the according strategy, or do i need to choose it? And if so, where can I do that?

2016-07-22 17:59:37

You select the strategies you want while playing a game and you can change them with the gamepad live

2016-07-23 10:56:43

Hi.
Ah, you mean the dPad on the controler, now I got it, I thought you ment the control stick, so I was confused at first.
BTW, with which controler do you play the game, I am playing with an xBox gamepad, was just wondering if their is a better one for playing that game.

2016-07-24 00:05:36

I use an Xbox 360 controller

2016-10-01 10:29:08

Hi.
Sorry for beeing off for that long time, but it was a bit hecktic over here.
I actually like that they continue to update the rosters of the game, even though that raises a question for me.
Let's say that a team drafts a promising player and uses him in a game, but the player wasn't there the last few years, how would the modders get the player name into the play by play commentary for the game?
Would they just take the file from the newly released NHL game or how do they do that.
Also, are they focusing just on the NHL, or are they updating for example the DEL league? Cause when I look in to the team, I still have the Hamburg freezers, even though they left after the last season due to reasons that are unknown to me.
Maybe, ffor those who are still interested in that game, and are not interested to look through all of this topic, you maybe could write a guide on how to set up the game, play it and maybe some playing tips, that's just an idea from me, I don't know if you would do that.
Greetings: Moritz.

2016-10-16 23:42:54

@simba
Interesting questions, and I can only give you positive answers. When a new player starts playing for a certain team and his name is not common, for example, they take peaces of certain names to combine one file and they use this for the name. The interface and rosters are virtually always updated, so if the Hamburg freezers aren't there in real life, update the interface and the rosters and you won't see them in the game either. I'll be honest, I'm disappointed that not a lot of blind people are into this game. It's fully accessible with jaws, and there is no other sports game as accessible as this one where you can even play full seasons or a dynasty with your favorite team. I will write a quick guide in the coming days anyway, so keep checking this topic.

2016-11-03 17:32:36

Hi.
Ok, thanks, I quite like to hear that they have found a way to include the new players in the roster, somethinng they also do with EA sports old MVP baseball 2k5 which is also modded every year.
By the way, do you have found a way to play the game on windows 10? Or isn't that possible at all?
Regarding the guide, I will keep my eye on this topic.