2016-10-13 10:50:04

Well, the supporting material is just that support. the main story still comes from the game themselves.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-10-16 01:13:29 (edited by pulseman45 2016-10-16 01:22:44)

Yes, that's why I think following the story only via the games is still fine, though I wonder how Centralfiction does with Naoto and ES.
Personally I'm happy they put so much work in the story of a fighting game, however it feels like there are liberties that the developers can't take (or rather don't dare to take) because of the fact that Blazblue is a fighting game.
SPOILER
ALERT
For example, Azrael managed to escape from his dimensional prison. Well, so be it. Except it feels like they didn't want to throw a character that some people like to play and who would have only been playable in one episode (I'm not counting the extend releases). I may be wrong but that's always how I understood it. And Azrael may not even be the best example.

2016-10-16 11:21:22

Azrael's story was confusing to me. In terms of plot, he just seemd to pop up out of nowhere, and it seemed like the player was supposed to know who he was. They went into a lot of detail about how Ragna and the Black Beast were related to one another, but it felt like Azrael was just thrown in as a plot device.

2016-10-16 14:37:35 (edited by pulseman45 2016-10-16 14:40:15)

The impression was somewhat the same with most of the new characters in Chronophantasma. Back to ContinuumShift, when they added new playable characters we knew were they came from, except for Platinum which was completely new, and Lambda-11 which presence was logical because they wanted a replacement for Nu-13. At least it was more logical back then, because when Lambda came back in ChronoPhantasma extend many people wondered why she was back. I guess we are back to that fighting game thing I said in my last post. I thing the all Lambda/Nu storyis an even better example of it.

2016-10-16 18:35:59

Can you clarify on what you mean by liberties developers don't take because the game is a fighting game? I'm not sure I follow... what you mentioned about the story doesn't seem to do with anything that is dependent on the game's genre. lol I preordered the game and have the demo ready to download... so it'll tide me over until the game comes out!

2016-10-17 09:14:58

To be fair it has to do with the story and not much with the development. What I mean is that the story sometimes give me the impression that some characters came back from the dead or whatever because the creators don't want to give up a character people took time to master or like. I come to say myself that if the game was not a fighting game things may have been different. But that's a supposition after all.

2016-10-17 10:37:43

Haha. you mean like putting nu's soul in Lambda's body, and then making Unlimited Lambda Nu?

2016-10-17 13:47:51 (edited by pulseman45 2016-10-17 13:50:07)

Not only that, because then they brought Nu-13 back in ChronoPhantasma with 2 fighting styles, her original one and Lambda's (I don't remember the clear differences between the two). And so you'd think Lambda` wouldn't come back, but yet she does in the extend release, and Nu-13 can't switch to her fighting style anymore.

2016-10-17 14:35:05

Ah I see what you mean. I don't know how much of it is true, but I think that's a fair supposition... honestly, Blazblue's story has never really been well written enough for me to care about it... I think it's too deep fr its own good, and as other people have said on other forums, not many people play fighting games for a deep plot.. that's what rpgs are for. lol

2016-10-24 22:09:30

And contrary to the topic title, say hello to Blazblue! The game releases in a week, and I thought I'd celebrate by doing a little recording of the demo. The sound design has really had a nice overhaul... and the astral finishes I pulled off were made all the sweeter by the fact that they cut out the stage track into the opening theme. So epic!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/339 … meplay.WAV

2016-10-25 04:15:08

Pretty sweet. Looks like they continued to use the new character themes from Chronophantasma. While I can't understand the Japanese, I can tell who Ragna's fighting depending on the music.

Also, I think Taokaka sounds a lot more crazy with the Japanese voice. Just holy crap. She sounds more like some weird bird thing instead of a cat.

2016-10-25 09:15:36 (edited by pulseman45 2016-10-25 09:18:36)

I always loved Taokaka's japanese voice for some reason. I prefer it compared to the English one, though I guess they couldn't do something really similar in English.
Though I didn't know there was a demo for other versions then the japanese one. Or at least I thought that, since it was for preorders, it would automatically update to the full version, but maybe I'm wrong.
And as far as sound design goes, I believe they finally added a sound effect for when the tention gauge is full, but I may have misinterpreted it.

2016-10-25 11:19:12

The heat gage, you mean? The sound is for the overdrive meter. And the demo is for the preorder... the full game will automatically unlock on november 1st. I have all the options, they just won't let me click on them.

2016-10-25 13:37:03

Yes indeed, the heat gage. This time I really thought they made a sound effect for it, but apparently no.

2016-10-25 16:57:17

Also, I'm wondering about something. Is it me or the cursor is on stylish mode by default when selecting a character? Because I get the impression that everyone moves the cursor once after selecting the character and it's colour.

2016-10-25 17:20:55

Nope. It starts you on normal... I don't actually know where the stylish option is. lol

2016-10-26 09:14:58 (edited by pulseman45 2016-10-26 09:15:29)

Thank you. I believed it because of the sound effect that plays after selecting the character's colour. I thought the cursor was moving.

2016-10-26 10:09:15

Here's a tip. The sound you here is the same sound that you get when getting yes or no choices options, or when it's loading or saving data. Cursor moves make a different sound.