2016-10-13 14:26:51

hello everyone
As you know I'm Nathan Smith, the managing director of Nathan Tech and I have been developing for over 3 years now.

I have a very very important question to each and every one of you today.
What would you like, as a developer?

This question is aimed at potential, or seasoned, BGT developers.
This can be anything from:
tutorial on what variables are
tutorials on basic programming
objects as I understand them

or maybe:
a menu class
a simple coding example of a timer game.
anything like that?

I'm looking at releasing an online scoreboard script at some point but am still testing it myself.

Please, let me know what you want, as Nathan Tech works to help you.
Thank ya!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-10-13 21:34:15

Hi Nathan, I'm not a developer at all, but I would really love to learn how to make my own games. So I think some kind of tutorial would be very nice! I think it would be kind of cool if there was a way to make an interactive tutorial for BGT. Like it would say type this and that and you would have to do so to go onto the next step. I really would like that idea, but any other  tutorial  would be helpful as well.  I tried reading the manual and even listening to the audio version of it, but for some strange reason, I can't seem to make head or tails of it. I'm not very good with math and unfortunately, programming deals with a lot of  mathematical  equations.

2016-10-15 15:44:46

Hi darder(nathen)
well same problem here.
I am struggling with c loops but the fact I never think the logical way.
how do you improve your logic?
how do you improve your calculations.
I want you to make a tutorial for basic to advanced programming in BGT.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-10-15 16:36:32

I think a tutorial on programming logic would be pretty helpful. Something like, how to think like a programmer. For me, i always lose motivation to complete projects, because i feel logic is my bane.

2016-10-16 00:14:29

Hi Nathan.
As for BGT tutorials you could show us how to make it so that enemies autimatically respawn on the map after you've killed them. Also, you could make a tutorial where you could explain how to write a class in BGT or how to add background music to a game.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2016-10-16 06:10:38

What about map creation, etc?

2016-10-16 07:47:35

hello Nathan.
i would like a basic programing tutorial please.
because i am stil new to bgt, and there are still a lot that i will have to learn i believe.
thank you nathan

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2016-10-29 19:44:08

Hi.
As a more experienced dev the one major thing that BGT is missing is a proper 3d sound engine that includes both the position of the listener but also the rotation of the listener.
There classes that say you can do this but even simple tests don't seem to work.
Thanks.
Nick.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com