2016-10-16 00:24:40

Hi.
I still have some big problems with steam, regarding navigating the interface.
I have everything set up correctly and I am logged in and I also have the NVDA OCR addon installed and have the window with my library, friends, game search and so on.
But I don't know how to navigate properly through the program, I somehow managed to instal a game, but I honestly don't know how I did that. I also can't change the location where the game should be installed, I don't want to put every game on to the SSD..
I hope that someone can help me with the steam client.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-10-16 21:09:48

Unfortunately navigation is a bit of a pain. You might be better off logging into the Steam website, finding the game you want once logged in, and then making the game bring up the install window from the web. You can also do this with the Steam app on iPhone or Android.
Also, to change location, I found some instructions.
First, log out of the Steam client. Basically, it's best to just exit.
Next, go into your c:\program files\steam folder.
Before continuing keep the following in mind: do not rush ahead, read the whole of this next line.
Delete everything accept for two things: the folder called Steamapps, and the file called steam.exe
Then move the folder to your other hard drive.
Launch steam from the new folder on the other drive. It should update itself and get everything working, and then every time you download a new game it will download it into drive:\steam\steamapps or whatever you call your new folder. IT will always be in steamapps in that folder though.

2016-10-16 22:20:51

Hi.
Thanks arron for the help, if the mobile app is also accessible, that is quite good if you ask me, again, thanks for the help

2016-10-17 15:40:02

You are welcome.

2016-10-17 15:47:22

Hi
sorry, how it does what you said in the second post of this topic aron?
I have trouble installing the game I want, and my library has many games.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-10-22 17:40:49

Hi.
at aron, that tip with the steam moving was quite helpfull, but something is bugging me.
Can I also do this with just some games? Because I want to keep those games with a big performance on the SSD, and move all the others which are more casual and not so intense games on to my normal harddrive, do you also know if this works somehow?

2016-10-22 22:18:58

Unfortunately not.

2016-10-22 22:30:20

Hi.Well, it did work for me, If you want, I can give you a link to the steam mover tool which someone in the comunity programmed to easily move steam games around,
It is quite easy to use, you just have to deel with unlabeled buttons, but these are explaining them selves.
If you want, i can link you to the tool
ON another note, is it possible for us to enter activation keys for games so we can get them in to our libraryß

2016-10-23 05:11:52

Yea, please give me.
greetings and thanks.

2016-10-23 17:41:56

Hi.
I can surely give you the link to the program, I just need to find the link again, it's burried in a skype chat of mine.
What I also need to find out if we can activate third party keys with steam, it doesnt work over the website, so...

2016-10-23 21:27:28

You can use the steam client. Just click on add a game and then it will allow you to enter the key. It's easy!

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2016-10-23 23:29:01

Hi.
Umm, it is? If so, I am teribly stupid.
I use the steam client with the nvda cursor and the ocr addon, or how does this work? Are there any hotkeys for the program or some tricks to make it better usefull, can you tell me how you use the program

2016-10-23 23:33:55

Hi
I still have the problem that I mentioned in the fifth message.
help me please.

2016-10-24 01:13:11

It is odd. I don't need to use the ocr addon. I have a full desktop keyboard and I use the numberpad to navigate steam.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2016-10-24 03:59:47

Hi, OK, then, I haven't grasped something. What do you mean by navigating via  your  numb pad? How do you do that, what does the number Pad do? Sorry for being  so short on words, I'm currently on my phone.