2016-10-02 12:52:37

Hi.
As you all know, RTT entertainment is developing the action slash adventure game, Dark crime!
We are looking for a city name for the games setting.
Think of a name and poste it here.
We w not announce the results due to the fact that someone might try to coppy RTT entertainment and its projects.
Please don't take offence. Have a nice day.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2016-10-02 20:23:03

Hi.
Before I just go and throw random names in to the mix, I wanted to ask what kind of city we ar talking about.
Is this a normal city, where people such as you and me go about their dayly lives, where there still is life in the city, making it self known by green spots here and there between the houses and city streets?
Or is this an almost abandoned city where almost no people live anymore due to mismanagemend of the city's leaders, where it's dangerous to leave your house after 10 o.c. in the evening because at that time, violent gangs crawl out of their holes and use the streets as a battle field to carrie out bloody gang wars to show the others who the boss in town is, gangs that ransack stores and rob people, just for their own amusement, a city where the police is powerless against all that crime and where just some officers remain and try to give the inhabitants of this city a sense of sicurity?
Or is this a modern city with large industrial complexes and factories, where building stands next to building and no green spots left?
A city, which streets are filled with cars, motor bikes, busses and trucks, rumbling down the streets like an avalanche of metal, spuing out tocsic gasses out of their exhaust pipes, making it hard to breathe for the people, moving quickly from place to place, without stopping, without any rest and just a look in their eyes which makes them seem cold and emotionless?
A city, where the exhausts of the factories constantly blow tocsic fumes in to the air, blocking out the clouds, the sun and the blue sky, covering the city under a blanket of stail grey mist and the punjent smell of wastes?
So, what kind of city are we talking about?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-10-02 21:02:38

Hi.
I think the city is like lossantohs in gta v.
There will be a time when people can leave there houses if the gangs get to bad.
There is a gang counter that will tell you how mutch the people fear you.
It is like LS.

2016-10-02 22:12:44

How about Los Infernos.

It's like Los angeles, accept, ---- well less angelic.

A different approach might however to give it a name that indicates it's actually supposed! to be a really friendly and awesome place, and just isn't, ---- after all cities like new York started sounding quite nice.

On this basis, and going with the new York theme why not call it New Rome or New Paris.

A final thought might go with the commics approach to city names, ie, pick something that sounds! like a city but isn't such as Gotham or Metropolis (which has to be the most boring city name ever).

On this basis I'd suggest Mortham.

Lots of cities in English speaking countries end with "ham", an old Anglo saxon word for town, eg, Nottingham, Bermingham or Grantham.

In the same way Dc came up with Gotham by putting together goth, ---- ie gothic, violent and nasty with ham for town, how about Mortham from the word mort, meaning the latin for death.

I think that's imho the best idea with these, after all you don't want to follow gta too exactly.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-02 23:11:05

Hi.
Thanks for the grate ideas.
We cannot announce the results unfortunitly.
I have a roll that dark would like.
We need a news reporter and DJ, and I think dark is good for the job.
Please can someone help with voice acting?
I'm stuck.
Thanks and please don't take offence dark.

2016-10-02 23:38:31

Call it San Diego. boom

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2016-10-03 04:14:02

Hi.
What about new paradise or something like that?
Sure, I can help you voice acting, I have the equipment around to do that.

2016-10-03 05:43:41

Hi the city should Be New bury

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-10-03 07:25:33

Hi all.
We are considering all the names you gave us, they are so cool!
Please can the people who want a role send me the link to the file in a poste or PM?
I will write the lines now for the news reporter.
For this example, the city will be called new rocket.
This is not the final disision for the name.
It is a name for the recording.

Script start.
A gang war broke out between the sculls and the crushers.
These two gangs have ben known to be the most violent of all the gangs in new rocket.
The sculls and crushers have ben known to also be mortal enimies.
the NWPD will start an investigation as of why these gangs decided to waste there ammunition on each other. Adam Jacobs, eyewatch FM
Script end.
Its not perfect, but I think it would be good to record with.

2016-10-03 10:08:27

what about thanatown? the name comes from the greec thanatos which means death.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-03 15:14:00

Los demonios?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-10-03 15:34:56

Hi.
At fluffy, do you mind if I change the lines a little bit, it's a bit hard to get pack this in to a news report, I would not change the message, but  smooth it out a bit so it sounds better.

2016-10-03 17:57:26

Hi all.
Your names are grate!
@ simba, sure, no problem.
Thanks for the names.

2016-10-04 09:48:27

Hi.
Sorry for the double poste.
I just wanted to say that RTT entertainment will be adding something to the competition.
Who ever can create the best RTT enter tainment logo will have there logo put in all or most of RTT entertainment's projects.
Thanks for all the city names so far.
once again, we will not announce the logo part of the competition.
When I mean logo, I mean that we will put it in the game that we will make.
The logo that you created will be put in the game.

2016-10-11 21:25:20

I would like to suggest a city name for your game and the name is Sparta.

As you know, Sparta was a warrior society in ancient Greece that reached the height of its power after defeating rival city-state Athens in the Peloponnesian War (431-404 B.C.).

2016-10-14 18:11:45

Hmm, what about New Sparta?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce