2016-08-18 12:03:40

@Nick, Patient is a good thing...

2016-08-18 16:22:19

@NickAdamson: keep up the good work, some people are just impatient. For everyone else, please read the following:
If a developer doesn't say anything, that does not mean a game has been abandoned. I think a good idea here would be to simply wait and see. I'm going to say what I always say: developers also have lives, and what if there isn't anything significant to update the community about? A game like this takes time to develop.

2016-08-18 17:35:15

I agree,
I am going to wait for the game to be released, thanks.

2016-08-19 09:50:24

Hello there.
Thanks sir for the game, looks pretty great, from my preferred type of games. My questions are the following:
1- Will the game be free?
2- How much time do you expect for the game to be publicly released?
Thanks and have a good day.

2016-08-19 11:50:23

Hi Riad, 
Thanks. Yes. Tube Sim will be free.
In terms of a release date I don't tend to give release dates. I'm a loan dev doing this in my spare time and to avoid making promises I can't keep I just don't say.
Thanks.
Nick.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2016-08-19 13:30:26

Another heads up about approaching game devs:
I'm not trying to say don't ask about the game at all, as I know we all get excited. Instead, try maybe waiting a couple of months before asking a question and not just a week or a few days.

2016-08-19 18:10:26

Nick,
That was a very good demonstration of the Tube SymI have a few questions and suggestions.
Are there any places where the train comes out of the tube and into open air tracks?
It sounded like the game was giving you the current speed, but when it was stopping, I didn't get a voice saying the distance to the location where you should stop. For example if you break too soon or too late it should tell you that you missed the mark.
Breaking too fast should lead to trouble.
I'd like to encounter random hazards.
1. Person stuck in the closing doors.
2. Smoke in one of the cars.
3. Something or somebody is on the track ahead of you and you need to do an emergency breaking.
4. You stop at Kings Cross Station and a group of wizards get on.
5. A bomb is in one of the cars.
6. Too many people get on and the cars are over crowded.
7. The tube is being flooded and you got to get to the station fast or the train will short out and stop between stations.
8. A train is coming at you on your track.
9. Another train is parked at the next station.
10. The power goes out and the train is on emergency batteries.
11. If you  open the wrong doors you hear people falling on the tracks!

2016-08-19 18:54:57

Hi Phil.
Many of your suggestions are already in the game.
You'll just have to wait and see which ones.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2016-08-20 01:55:20

I have one more hazard that I'd like to be included in the game.
would there also be a hazard like if you exceed the speed limit you'd get pulled over and also get a speeding ticket and if you get to many speeding tickets you'd be arrested?

2016-08-20 13:07:39

And an other, can you create I say, add a feature to create new pasangers?
Like if some of other country or that speak an other languag,e, dialect, ECT.
can enter in the train?

73 Wj3u

2016-08-20 20:40:12

@luis: by the sounds of it I don't think you can "hear" the passengers. Most sim games don't do this, to allow people to focus on the tasks at hand and to be more authentic. I'm assuming that the driver's cabin is separate from the passenger compartments.

2016-08-20 22:43:54

Is N A Soft the same company as Nathan Tech?

I'm asking because, like many others, I was interested in Nathan Tech's train simulator, but got 404 errors when I tried to download it, just as many others did. We all posts messages about the problem but the developer never responded.

It just seems kind of curious that two apparently different companies announce a train simulator fairly close to each other.

2016-08-20 23:27:21

Farely close? It was like 6 months before nathan tech announced his simulator! To be honest, it was probably nothing more than a little audio player thing. No, nathantech and NA soft are different. NA soft developed park boss.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-08-21 15:25:43

The short answer is N a Soft and Nathan Tech are different. I have, however, explained what I know below. It might not be completely accurate though.
n a soft is Nick Adamson, who was also around in perhaps the early 2000's. There was a project that never saw a public release, called Flight Commander, he was developing this for a university project. There was an audio demonstration back in the day and it got the community quite interested, but I don't know what happened to it. I think, at the time, the university didn't let him release it.
Then, a few years later, he created a braille display version of Tetris, called Dotris.
Then he created Park Bos, and now he's developing TubeSim.
Nathan Tech are different, creating the very small train sim from a few months back and now working on Cosmic Rage, an online space mud/moo.

2016-08-21 18:18:42

@Burak and Aaron

Thanks.

N A Soft may have started this thread six months ago, but the first time I saw this thread was this past month, sorry.

I do love trains and was disappointed when I couldn't get the one from Nathan Tech.

Before I lost my vision I was always playing with a train simulator by something like Auran Software out of Australia.

Although the scenery would be missing, it will be great when an accessible train simulator is available.

2016-08-22 06:45:18

hi nic adamson, in this new train simulator that you are working on, could you add an objective mode to the game? previously I downloaded the train simulator for nathan tech ones but that game isn't really what I am looking for.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-08-22 07:11:58

Hi.
When I am not mistaken, he said in the audio boom file that he was planning on implementing such an objective or mission mode.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-08-22 12:26:38

Hi all.
I've gone and goofed up. I've managed to delete the file which listed all the beta testers, with there contact information.
If you volunteered to be a beta tester for Tube Sim please get back in contact with me via email or via www.ndadamson.com.
Sorry about this.
Nick.

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2016-08-31 16:39:40

will I be able to create my own missions When the game is released?

2016-08-31 17:35:47

Hi Nick.
Yes. You can work out your own mission.
Thanks.
Nick

Nick Adamson.
N A SOFT
www.ndadamson.com

2016-08-31 22:33:04

That's really interesting, creating your own missions. We're waiting for the game.
And as other people said, don't hurry up, the more you concentrate it, the better the game will be. smile

2016-09-01 19:26:23

Hi Nick,

I am so looking forward to this game, I really enjoyed Park Boss, just wished it had a career mode for a replayability factor, I really hope you are not finished with Park Boss completely as a paid 2nd version would really take off in my opinion using the first one as a demo.

Anyway this game sounds really interesting and I look forward in  trying out the final result.

Best wishes

2016-10-14 17:16:38

Hi Nick,
how is tube sim coming along?
Halloween is almost hear and is the game still being developed?

2016-10-14 18:09:33

Hey nick, are you still working on Tube Sim?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-10-14 18:33:37

Hello.
I contacted you on your website.
I realy want to be a beta tester for this game.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!