2016-08-29 03:43:28

Lost time

Hello everyone,

I want to share something I'm working on for atleast one year. Project what I'm making is still in early stages and mostly I'm working on the script and game mechanics.
What is it?

Main protagonist of  the story is a guy who crashed in his car somewhere on the road at night and this is where you are starting the journey. Basically it's an adventure game where puzzles and making choices are the strongest parts of it. Imagine something like a telltale game but in audio only.

I can't say anything more as the story line is just a bit complex and I don't want to put any spoilers here.
What was and is in my mind is to make psychological story, full of emotions and twists which can be enjoyed more than one time. There will be few endings based on your choices.
Don't know how the game will be long in total but for now it's like 7 hours to complete it once atleast.
There wil be a lot of QTEs and some other interesting things to make it more atmospheric and intriguing.

Now, my few questions:

1. I'll make a casting for the voice acting soon, do you want to have this fully voiced? (it can take the longer time to finish it) or just text?
2. What will be your primary controll method? should this be played using controller? or keyboard / both of them?
3. If needed, are you wish to contribute to this project funding it if there will be campaign?

I'm searching for the programmers who can contribute and who are creative enough, open for new ideas, who can spend the time and passion to make this game like nothing before.

In the next weeks I'll be posting some game materials so follow for more soon!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2016-08-29 04:06:07

My vote for voice acting, do what shadow rine did, do text first and add voices later. Keyboard at least, since not everyone has controlers. Looking forward to this, love this type of game and time adventures was the only thing close to this style.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-08-29 04:19:36

I can say only it's totally differend than Time adventures. The action will take in the present and alternative in the same time and there will be atleast two playable characters.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2016-08-29 04:50:02 (edited by crashmaster 2016-08-29 04:54:59)

Hi.
Well text first but yeah voice acting would be good, I may even try to do some of it.
I have also a lot of sfx.
Controlers, hmmm the keyboard is what I use, I also use the mouse but the keyboard is my primary means of playing the computer game type thing.
This sounds epic.
If its choices, have you tried the renpy engine, there's a thought, you may not have to bother with voice at all.
If you go with the full program movie type rout then yeah, I'd go for a full voiced thing.
It doesn't matter, just go for what you want I'd go for voiced.
Since you havn't set a release data, beta test or anything, you have licence to do what you like once you set dates it becomes harder.
As for funding if you post a fund at indiogogo I can totally fund it.
I may not be able to hit the higher price bracket, but yeah I need projects to fund and everything else has stopped so I am all for it.
Sadly, all projects that fund me are non existant.
In fact I am still owed for a startup I put funds in which is simply not starting up just yet.
It looks to be stalled and if it continues by the end of the year I need to ask what its doing.
Fact is its only initially funded for the next 3 years well 2.5 now so if it relapses its not my problem if it dies.
Never the less if this looks good I will fund it for sure.

2016-08-29 06:08:54

Hello! Yeah, this will be awesome! I can try to do a character or two if you need voice acting. I may help with funding if the case may be, just have to solve some paypal issues.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-08-29 08:43:16

Hi.
This sounds really exciting.
Voice acting would be really awesome, but I agree that this can be added later on.
I'll help by funding this project if you set up a campaign.
I wish you the best loch on the project.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-08-30 06:06:50

Hi leren  good luck with lost time and yes I want to play the adventure game. I can help you in voice over and beta testing.

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-08-30 13:13:14

this sounds really great, and, coming from you, i'm shure the thing you're planing is groundbreaking.
in terms of gameplay, i imagine something similar to heavy rain, indigo prophecy or beyond two souls.
i'll be much interested in donating for your Project, you play mainstream games and i trust you for giving us a great audiogaming experience.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2016-08-30 15:13:57

Thank you for kind words!

MR. Brunete, quality for me is absolutely important with great and interesting gameplay which well, on our scene is pretty repetitive mostly and there's no fun.

I'm playing to make something where the world will be not really open but instead splitted to areas where you will be able to interact with most things around you. My inspirations are mostly from Telltale games or from life is strange so the basic for the gameplay will be something like emotions and imagination.

Hopefully my programmer will do everything to make this absolutely fantastic but, if for some reasons not, I'm open for working with someone if there will be interests in it.

My rule? make game for gamers, not for cash. Everyone knows We needs to eat and drink to be alive.:)
This is something what I'm working for a long time and this is why I don't wants to give exact release dates as I don't know how much it will take to complete.
BTW, I love heavy rain and othe games like that but there's definitely a lot of other things what inspired me as I stated before. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2016-08-31 16:08:15

I would prefer full Voiced only, not text.
and also I want the game to be controlled with keyboard.
will there be a function such as interacting with obstacles like doors and puzzles?
I'm looking forward to playing this game When it's ready.
I don't know When it will be released but I will keep an eye out for it.

2016-08-31 16:21:06 (edited by Figment 2016-08-31 16:23:42)

This sounds like a great games!

To get it moving quickly, I'd start with text, then add voices when there is room in development time to do it.
Keyboard controls would be best since most people don't have controlers. If you really want controllers, make them an option for those that have them.

What platform will this be for? Somebody mentioned VoiceOver which is exclusive to Apple.
What computer language or development system will you be using?

Looking forward to trying this game out!

Off topic:

Time adventures? Sounds interesting, where can I find them? Thanks!

2016-09-01 13:49:38

@figment, Time adventures now can be downloaded from
www.agarchive.net/

2016-09-02 04:08:42

Just worked on the game script a bit and recordings soon. Hopefully I can show you something at the end of this week (something in early stages still)

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2016-09-04 18:10:45

Hi lirin!
I don't know whether it is a good idea or not but in internet there is a game called Island of death. and essention.
both will match your requirement but the games are not accessible for VI people.
if you manage to play them with the help of sited people then it will be ausam.
at figment sir!
sorry you got the wrong idea I m not talking about vo in apples I m talking about voice acting.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-10-14 16:47:12 (edited by Lirin 2016-10-14 17:11:05)

Hello,

I know I promised to post here some audio materials but many times our life changes and I hat many personal problems in the last weeks and I'm sorry for this i couldn't bring anything to you.

Now good news: The script is expanding a lot and while I'm totally concentrated on the main storyline I am thinking about all of the possibilities like other endings, achievements etc.
What will be most interesting for you is the fact, the game from now will use the full potential of the VR (virtual reality) audio engine. It means that you will be not only able to hear everything around you but things above, for example if there will be someone on the second floor of the house you will hear as he / she will move above you with ofcourse correct filtering etc to give more realism.
Believe me or not, but this is really hard work and I'm aiming for something really huge, hopefully I can achieve this! smile
on my todo list is to find a proper actor and actresses. As you already know, I'm heading for the kickstarter campaign so your help will be more than appreciated. Before We'll launch the campaign I want to finish atleast a small fragment of the game to give everyone chance to play and test it so everyone can decide if it's worth backing or not.

As some of you knows, I'm a gamer (mainly video) from many years and you know my opinion on many existing audio games. Some of you agree, some not with it but don't get me wrong, I'm never attacking anyone (including devs) and while I'm not a programmer but only a sound designer and voice actor I'll do my best to give you a experience like never before.
I will not promise when I show you something, I'll concentrate on the quality so, stay tuned!

PS. Now guess, the two differend stories taking place in the same time but... not exactly the same will be totally separate? or maybe there will be a shocking connection between? Yes, can't give you any more for now, saying just a bit will spoil too much. smile
Cheers,
L

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2016-10-14 17:31:36

Wow, dude. Sounds fantastic!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-10-15 05:53:19

What is the Virtual Reality audio engine?