2012-03-01 14:20:38

Hi

I! Love! This! Game!
Though it isn't Tetris it's a lot like it... Mmm... Tetrominoes...

What do you think about it? I've made (or tried to make) a poll, so you can just throw up your thoughts (sounds descusting - so maybe you should just write them) big_smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-03-01 14:58:16

I think it's a very well put together game, indeed there was a point I'd have said audio tetris was impossible, but obviously I was wrong.

I'm afraid though your poll hasn't shown up, you might want to edit your post to create one, and if your having trouble with the poll, check the faq on how to make one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-03-01 15:08:25 (edited by AlexN94 2012-03-01 15:11:06)

There it is... smile

2012-03-01 15:29:06

Nice, this is just what I got the poll system for, ---- though I'd probably myself have given a few more graded options, for instance while I think Magic blocks is a good game, I'm not sure if it's a great one sinse there is room for improvement in some areas, like having more level variation in the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-03-01 15:38:26

Yeah, you're right... It's just a test - I can allways make a new one... smile

2012-03-07 19:29:29

Hello,

Note that you can try a new beta version of magic blocks, renamed score. Sounds are now musical notes.
http://vrac.quentinc.net/audiogames/score-en.zip

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2016-10-11 14:41:04

Hello!
My name is Sergio Ramacciotti from Argentina, and this messaje is for Quentin C.
I am interested in translating Magic blocks into spanish and if you are interested too, I wish you to give me an e-mail address so I can send you my translation for you to compile it in the .jar archive.

Waiting for an answer, sincerely yours, Sergio Ramacciotti.

2016-10-13 15:09:19

wow, I never knew about this game. I was just telling someone the other day how I wish they had a audio tetris and boom here we are. man I freakin love this. I am finally getting the hang of the sounds so I probably try out multi player mode today. question, how do I make jaws talk instead of sappy? sappy seems like it moves pretty slow throughout the collums

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-10-13 15:25:03

Are there any instructions for this game? I have no idea what I'm doing, and there's no read me in the game folder.
Instuctions would be nice... smile
Thanks.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-10-13 16:09:14

download the original version from the audio games data base. the music one doesn't come with a read me, or multi player mode. when you play the original one trust you will understand it. if you still don't ill make a short audio tutorial for you

2016-10-13 16:57:43

question magic blocks vets, how do I upload my high score to the hall of fame? and it seems like the game doesn't automatically save your high scores once you close it, am I correct? last question, does the multi player still work ? I went into it and the game froze up

2016-10-16 22:24:07

if anyone wants to get a multiplayer match, drop me a line, im dieing to play someone, I have yet to do it

2016-10-20 22:47:28

Hello,

Both Magic Blocks and score are abamdonwares. I no longer offer support and I stopped their development.

The original Magic Blocks no longer work on my own windows 10.

IF this kind of game still has success, perhaps one day I will have time to make a renewed version.

2016-10-21 06:39:14

so does that mean that the multiplayer doesnt work on it? the hall of fame scoreboard still does work for me

2016-10-21 21:29:25

Multiplayer should work if you enter IP manually. Note that Score has no multiplayer mode, only the original Magic Blocks had one.

Hall of fames I don't remember, probably it doesn't work anymore.

Sorry but Magic Blocks is from 2009... 7 years... that's quite a lot in the computer world.

2016-10-23 06:55:08

yes hall of fame still works I made it in slot 25......can you make updates to the game? man I love it