2016-10-09 19:16:46 (edited by hhleon-mueller 2016-10-09 20:54:19)

Hi guis.
I want to make a zombie-horrorshuting-game. Who has interest to make this game with me? I need Voice-akters, Sound-desighners and a good developer. The game will be free-ware. I don't have a storyline right now. Thanks. I hope I will get some answers. To contact me sent me a Skype-message. My Skype-name is jaws 11mn

Feel free to contact me:
My facebook page
My skype

2016-10-10 05:38:42

Hi leone
do you have a clear picture of how you programme the game?
do you have any idea that how and which genre the game will look like.
If it is yes then I am sure that I'll try to give you menu voices and other things.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-10-11 09:40:25

Hi.
So, you wanna make a game.
Just one thing in advance. Do you have any programming knolledge, do you already have sounds, music, a clear script for the game and the voice actors?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-10-11 13:11:39

Exactly. Without meaning to sound offensive or anything, you basically got just an idea, and one that already has several different implementations in the same genre. You asked for specific tasks that you want to distribute to people. That all sounds okay and fair and fine and everything, but what would you be doing yourself then? In the end, after the game was done, what would remain to you that would still allow you to call it your game, besides just the idea? I have never understood this recent, seemingly worldwide trend of idea guys basically showing up with an idea, but their only real skills being imagination and the ability to distribute the specific, actual work tasks to other people. Sorry but I don't buy that.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-10-11 16:29:10

actually, most video game companies have people that don't write a single line of code, but they have the idea for the games, Grand Theft Auto, for example. Sam and Dan had no idea of how to cprogram,  but, look what they made. Furthermore, what if you know how to code, but you don't have a god emagination?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2016-10-11 18:48:45

This game, which I currently planning, will be a mix between audience for an FPS.

Feel free to contact me:
My facebook page
My skype

2016-10-12 00:13:18

Techmaster20, these game companies basically work on the principle of money. Some guy high way up in the hierarchy says we want to create this and that game, and you will be paid to design its story, gameplay, levels and whatnot, as it's your exclusive job in the company. Programmers are other people on the list, paid for other things, same for sound designers, musicians, graphics designers, etc, etc. This community just doesn't work like that, at least not yet. So, basically, if anyone thinks they can just say hey guys, I'm looking for someone to code this idea for me, someone to compose the music for it, another person to write the script, and yet another one to gather all the sound effects, then they at least need to have the funds to pay for it all to go smoothly. Otherwise, it won't simply be their game in the end any more.
It might sound bitter or cruel or anything but it's just the way it works in practice, in real life.

Or, if someone in the community is fine with that arrangement, then I can only envy them, as they obviously have no full-time job, a lot of free time, but no significant lack of money to pay their bills and everything.

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-10-12 01:27:23 (edited by magurp244 2016-10-12 01:28:16)

Such posts aren't really all that new actually, they've been popping up for years on dev sites.

The "idea guys" in large companies are typically referred to as Creative Directors, and you usually need a great deal of experience in related fields before trying to get the position, not to mention such companies often have a lot of money and personel that they can justify for having a Creative Director to help manage teams. The Indie scene and small groups of developers function very differently however, and its very, very difficult to get and keep a team together without contributing something other than ideas. Why? Because programmers, artists, and audio engineers all have their own ideas and bills to pay, if their not going to get paid, why should they stop working on the things they want to do too work on your project?

Now you could possibly entice people with a truly amazing idea to work for free, but then you have to maintain their interest and help make them feel invested so they don't move on to other things. Maybe they'll do it for the experience, as part of their portfolio, or for future revenue, but even the greatest of potential gains can only do so much to maintain interest. Bottom line here, you are your games greatest champion, and chances are its not going to happen unless you get started yourself. Either way, I hope you find success and make the game you want.

Also if anyones interested in what the roles there are in larger game dev companies, you should check out "The Door Problem" of Game Design [link], its a pretty neat little article describing what roles there are and the ways they fit into the bigger picture.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-10-12 14:21:54

Thanks, Magur! You just nailed the whole thing down in a much better way than I was able to, but that's exactly what I meant. The article is in fact quite enlightening in some aspects of this.

Lukas

2016-10-13 11:29:48

Absolutely loved the article, Magurp. big_smile Definitely be saving and linking people to it from now on. LOL

How far are you with Game X?
Still figuring out the door problem

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2016-10-13 12:35:48

This game will be an fps. You play as rachel and you must sowife a zombyappocalypse, wich stards in your own home. The player must find items, for example weapons and helth-items. I I don't have currently time to right more, because im in school now. greatings from germany.

Feel free to contact me:
My facebook page
My skype

2016-10-13 14:49:05

i think the most important thing to ask ones self is:
How is my game going to be different.
That is the first question I ask myself.
What is the point in me sitting down here, writing out all this code, gathering, or making, sounds, writing documenation, if it's just the same as someone else.
What am I going to implement that will make people go, hey, that's super cool.
I love that game by Nathan Tech because it has x and y and z.

That, is the question you seem to not be asking yourself at the moment.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-10-13 23:24:55

Much of the above applies if your trying to work in a team or as a business, but doesn't quite fit for solo beginners and hobbyists. If your just starting out go with what you love, it provides a great learning experience and helps keep you motivated. If you'd like any guidance or links to resources or tutorials, just ask.

If your looking for audio, there's The Big List of Free Sounds [link] which includes 52,261 music samples, among other things.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-10-15 04:06:52

hello,
the problem is, did you try to code the game?
how mutch do you know about programming, sound design, etc?
and, most of the people that you want to work with want money for there work, or like open source projects, they work in there free time for free
ask yourself, what i need for this projects, sound designer, programmer, and then start your project

2016-10-18 00:58:15

i just wanted to drop in here and submit my two shiny pennies worth of advice. i was just listening to the  Unintended Consequences; which is a podcast that features my favorite fantasy author, possibly my favorite author of all time, Patrick Rothfus. summing up what he said, the best people in music design, coding, 3d animations, and writers are all sitting in a room; while this sounds like the beginning to a bad joke, stick with me. they come up with the best idea for a game and it will revolutionize the game industry. but the thing is, it is only an idea. the crappiest game coded in your basement that has so many bugs its almost unplayable is better than all those guys in a room because your game has substance. it doesn't mean anything until it has substance until they start coding, until they start creating graphics. so get out there and start learning how to code if that means do that. because your aren't really going to get anywhere if all you are doing is saying i have an idea who wants to join me.know one feels for that, no one wants to join up with that. however, if you have some sort of prototype that you want people to work on with you and improve, then you really have something going. hope this helped in the slew of other posts and advice.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2016-10-18 14:55:11

Thanks for all your messages. I don't have so much experence with programming, and I need some resources for sound-design. I'm just have started with programming and I want learning sound-design. Thanks again.

Feel free to contact me:
My facebook page
My skype

2016-10-18 16:28:33

Hi.
Do you already have experiences with sound design, what I mean is what have you already done with sounds regarding editing and recording?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-11-03 16:46:15

hello.
if you have a little programming experince in bgt, i will be able to help.
me my self, i do not have a lot of experince with bgt.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2016-11-03 19:25:16

Hi
an update!
the story line and music we are working.
I have listen his music and its pretty cool
Thanks
Ishan

2017-01-08 17:40:08

I will do also some stuff in this project. I can make sound-desighn and i will create the game-storry. to make Also And I would like this game open-source.

Feel free to contact me:
My facebook page
My skype

2017-01-09 15:52:15

hi leon muler!
dood programming is not a game of a kid
it is very hard to programme
I am still struggling with python and BGT like stuff.
but python is somehow understandable. 
Thanks
Ishan

2017-01-10 13:13:17

I reely don't see why you want to make a game open source if you cant program.
I am just saying, because i am strugling myself.
I find python language sintax easy.
Hope it helps

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-01-13 04:26:31

i want create game with bgt., who can help me?

2017-01-13 08:23:48

hello,
first, to all of who want to learn programming
try to write codes yourself, don't copy the examples
try to change the examples to see what they do
then start a little project like rock, paper, scissors game
your experience becomes more and more when you program more
don't afraid of bugs or crashes, every software has its own bugs, so never say it will crash, you must predict that, because we are humans and we may make mistake
and, be relax

2017-01-13 11:12:31

hi
i  am develeper in bgt
I am in the process of developing a new game
Who wants to work with me on
I want to help in developing and arranging weapons, and the impact strength Al player
I want to make them
Do Tsttiona help me put it on vps server
Thank you

I love teamwork

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw