2016-08-24 22:51:11

So it's been confirmed, blazblue CF is not getting an english dub. So blind people will never get to experience the end of the story.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-08-24 23:11:39

Ouch. That sucks... guess we'll have to hope for an English script on gamefaqs. I'd offer to translate it... the game just isn't one I'm probably going to play through to that amount of detail, and I have other translation projects to work on. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-08-24 23:15:07

Especially since the story is reported to be over 40 hours long.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-08-24 23:44:01

Most of the stories were probably around there... the original colamity trigger was 30. It's probably gotten steadily longer since.

2016-08-24 23:47:46

Dang. I wonder what happened.

2016-08-25 00:19:33

Don't sound so surprised... games have been coming out with no additional voices for a while. Just like with films, the need for dubbing is not there if subtitles are, whatever people may say to the contrary. That's not my opinion, just a pragmatic fact. I use dubs on occasion, but don't if I can help it... so I appreciate having them.

2016-08-25 20:40:46

wow.....well a wiki will be out for the game so we won't be totally out the loop when it comes to the story....and who knows they may just make a cf extent dub version in the future......nevertheless without a dub I won't be getting the game

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-08-27 01:39:27 (edited by pulseman45 2016-08-27 01:43:03)

I saw that coming. I will still buy the game nonetheless, but considering it's the last part of Ragna's story it really feels bad. Well at least we'll know what happens anyway in the story if we search for it. Except for the Gag Reels, I guess.

2016-08-27 15:17:23 (edited by pulseman45 2016-08-27 15:32:28)

I just found a petition for that matter.
If you are interested, there it is.
https://www.change.org/p/aksys-games-su … al-fiction
Personally, I just signed it before posting it here.

2016-08-28 01:30:02

I've just signed the petition for it, hope that the game will have a dub soon

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-08-29 04:07:55

Curious to see how much this patition will actually be considered. I think if it doesn't have a dub now, the likelyhood isn't all that great for it to come any time soon, even with an extend version. But we'll see, I suppose.

2016-08-30 01:15:20

2130 signatures so far, pretty nice!

2016-08-30 07:55:12

I have just signed as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-08-30 13:58:53

the game will be released on november 30th, so if the main game does not have a dub, hopefully the extend version will have that.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-08-31 22:06:25

There's also the possibility of a DLC I think, but Aksys said that wasn't going to be the case eather. I guess that's why this petition exist, but I admit that in comparison this is more likely to happen in the Extend version.

2016-09-01 00:38:30

Generally, if a version of the game has no dub and DLC doesn't come out for it, future expansions don't have it either as there isn't always justification. If you guys remember, Guilty Gear XRD revelator actually took out the dub instead of redoing all the new dialog.

2016-09-02 19:30:06

good news BB fans.....they are back in talks for making a English dub for the game after experiencing heavy backlash from the community and even some of the voice actors like ragna......there is even a petition floating around out there for a eng dub to happen......bb fans keep your eyes, toes and fingers crossed we get it

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-09-02 20:06:34

Oh good! glad to see the patition actually had an impact. And opinions from the voiceactors would definitely say something... lol.

2016-09-02 23:22:42

Noel's English voice actor actually made an unofficial shortened version of Love so Blue (Noel's theme with vocals), and expressed her hope of companies supporting English dubs of video game soundtracks like BlazBlue. I don't know if the lyrics match the Japanese at all, but it's still pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6RVWd5oiow

2016-09-04 16:58:49 (edited by pulseman45 2016-09-04 17:01:14)

I'm glad it had an impact, I somewhat felt It would after all these conversation on the Internet. Plus very good to know just how much the voice actors enjoy working on the series.

2016-10-09 16:01:53 (edited by pulseman45 2016-10-09 16:05:50)

https://www.change.org/p/aksys-games-su … u/18006059
Well, at least we tried, and the situation may still have time to evolve.
Personally I won't go as far as boycotting the game, especially since the version I am going to buy is the european one, and even though it's basically a clone of the US version since Continuum Shift Extend, PQube as probably nothing to do with the whole no-dub-thing.
I also wonder how the author is so sure there will be a complete story translation on the Internet. Well at least, if there is one, I certainly won't complain.

2016-10-09 17:40:34

This has actually got me a lot less motivated to finish the current games I own ,  as there now is no way of accessibly  finishing the story. sad
Very annoying, as that is pretty much the only reason I play the series in the first place .  I'm not particularly a huge fan of the fighting system  .

2016-10-09 18:55:24 (edited by pulseman45 2016-10-09 22:51:43)

Actually I didn't think there were as much people who were more interested by the story then by the fighting system, but it's understandable after all. To each person it's reasons. That's why a translation script would be a good idea. I wouldn't be able to say which aspect I prefer in Blazblue. The fighting system is not to hard to understand but still quite hard to get into, and from what I heard, the PS4 (and probably PS3) ports of the game seem to be in mono. I may be wrong as Assault_freak helped me find out that the arcade version was in stereo after so many videos I watched. Plus every character is so different to one another. Back to Calamity Trigger, it felt like 12 characters was somewhat enough, and now that there are 35 characters it almost feels like it's to much.

2016-10-11 17:01:21

Technically, the game is in stereo... just not the character and impact effects. the music and even voice acting is probably in stereo depending on scenarios, there just is no panning of sounds during fights.
Personally, blazblue has never captured my interest... the story is so convoluted and it's hard to follow, plus the presentation not being too exciting with only a few animated scenes and the rest being music and voiced dialog kinda has me bored. The amount of actual fighting compared to time sitting there and watching isn't really equal imo. But I'm still getting this game just to see what it's like... and maybe I'll get back into it. The fighting system is enjoyable for me, with how much there is to sink my teeth into, but I tend to prefer characters who are at least somewhat in the real world... there's just something about Blazblue characters that don't grab me.

2016-10-13 09:13:31

I have to say, now that there are other supports like visual novels and mangas to extend the whole Blazblue story, it is even harder to follow, though I guess going with the games only is still fine.