2016-10-13 00:38:14 (edited by jack 2016-10-14 00:03:33)

First of all, Kautilya, please send that over. We can upload that to the archive. And now, for some breaking news, in the form of an email from Dan!
Regarding bsc games.
Sadly I don't have time to open-source the games. It's unlikely to happen, unfortunately. My plan once upon a time was to clean up the code, release the code (not the assets), and then leave it to the community to put in new assets and recompile the game for new platforms. But I don't have time to clean up the code, or go through it, and I won't post something that I haven't personally checked. If someone that I trust comes along and is willing to do that work one of these years, then maybe... but, again, unlikely. The assets can never be legally released by me because of copyright clauses on some of the music etc. Too much nonsense to track down. So the code is a remote possibility but the assets unfortunately are impossible.

Feel free to host the games and a key generator on the archive, though. That's fine. I think the community deserves at least that much.
So folks, you know what to do. Immortalize the games all over the net, and we'll do the same as far as the  archive is concerned. And to any programmers out there *I'm pretty sure he may be looking for longtime developers, considering vb6/direct x and all* express interest in looking over the code, you should probably contact Dan about it. But for now, the games we've all been waiting for, you know it you love it, for new gamers these are a piece of audiogaming history, will be coming to the archive.

2016-10-13 06:12:15

I'll be holding off for just a little bit, as there's one more person I need to contac. I need to contact Igor about hosting Hunter and 15 Numbers, as he was one of the people who developed those games. Dan gave complete permission for the games he could give permission for, i e, ones that he had a lead in programming.

2016-10-13 09:47:48

Wow Jack, that is amazing!
Could you please privately let me know Dan's contact address so that I can send him a vote of thanks on behalf of  of Audiogames.net?

I also didn't really think there was a problem  running the games on windows 10 so long as you installed the right dependencies, hell Aprone is still developing in vb6 and you can still run Jim Kitchin's games and games from gma etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-14 17:08:44

And this is what I miss when I don't read the forums.
Once again Jack, you are truly amazing.
I'll update the news page as soon as I post this, great work sir, and thank you!

Kautilya:
We do have CAE Jones' version of Mario - the one in question was from Dragon Slayer games.
A working version has been found, and is downloadable from:
http://www.agarchive.net/games/dragonSl … s/mario.7z

2016-10-14 23:15:00

Glad to see we now have a working copy of Mario. Now everyone can relive/try this oldy but goody.

2016-10-14 23:19:11

The moment I get the go-ahead from Igor concerning Hunter, I'll be placing a link to an alternate mirror to the Bsc Games, thanks Peter for maintaining this. So while I work on the Bsc stuff, people will have immediate access to them while we wait for the archive itself to get updated.

2016-10-25 02:33:54

As of about 10 minutes ago, the BSC Games page has been updated, and all of their titles are available for download.
This includes games (both free and commercial), the unlock ode generator, and their full software suite.
Happy gaming!
http://www.agarchive.net/pages/devs/bsc.html

2016-10-30 05:39:03

This is just a quick update to note that, per a rather scatheing request by the developer, all of Nathan Tech's products have been removed from the archive.
This does include Sound RTS content, due to the lack of an explicit license requirement for user content (i.e: something like GPL requires that anything created using software be free and open source, whereas Sound RTS doesn't specify).

2016-10-30 06:16:14 (edited by superb 2016-10-30 06:20:45)

Scathing? Why would he ever be scathing about it? I mean I don't think you could be blamed, because he never said that his games could not be redistributed.

2016-10-30 16:50:44

@Superb:
Nathan tends to rely relatively strongly on his license agreements to discuss things like distribution (see the star wars mod topic for examples), and (after rereading a few) does tend to demand that nobody distribute his products.
The modern map readme states, in part, "Also please note that the maker of this map will not take kindly if you adapt, copy or change the code used for this map unless given express permission by Nathantech. Which you haven't, so don't do it!"

2016-10-30 18:34:04

Update!
As of this morning and thanks to Patrick, games by Morokuma are now available from the archive.
You can view their page at:
http://www.agarchive.net/pages/devs/morokuma.html

Happy gaming!

2016-10-30 20:19:13

Can you add comaudio to the archive?

2016-10-30 23:06:58 (edited by revan 2016-10-30 23:07:28)

hi?
i wish see the swamp older versions there,  1.6 or something old
thanks

2016-10-31 16:57:04

@Superb and Revan:
Com audio and Swamp version 1.1 are now on the archive smile.

In other news, games by Galaxy Laboratory are being orked on, and should be available soon.

2016-11-04 01:30:58

Updates over the last couple days include:
*Added four abandoned games from Quentin C.
*Added about half a dozen old PB Games titles.
*Added Drive Your Car by Storm Productions.
*Some other minor updates.
You can find the new games at:
http://www.agarchive.net/pages/devs/qc.html (Quentin C)
http://www.agarchive.net/pages/devs/pb.html (PB Games)
http://www.agarchive.net/pages/devs/misc.html (Storm Productions)
I still have a fairly large amount of submission processing to do (around 50 files totaling 1.4gb), and am slowly making headway.
As usual, keep an eye on the news page for full updates as they come in.

Happy gaming!

2016-11-04 14:27:31 (edited by john 2016-11-04 14:40:54)

Galaxy Laboratory is now live on the archive.
Find them at:
http://www.agarchive.net/pages/devs/Gal … atory.html
This listing includes some abandoned titles no longer hosted by the developer.

Happy Gaming!

2016-11-11 21:11:02

Hi, this is my first post on audio games.  Can someone tell my how to extract the tarzan junior tj.js? I copied it to the installation folder but get an error when I try to open that file.  Thanks for any help.

2016-11-12 01:55:17

Hi Kody, and welcome to the forum.
Some of the executables PB Games used were a little different than most. I'd advise trying to run the game via a start menu shortcut rather than running the executable directly.

2016-11-12 10:47:29

Hi John, thanks for the reply.  I feel stupid.  Apparently Phil had made the game free a long time ago.  I had atj patch, that when you ran it, it made the game free, so all you have to do is run the tj patch.exe file for other players out there.  Also John, I don't if you would wnat this, but when I tried to install classic pipe, I got an error saying I was missing the msvbvm50.dll file.   It took me a really long time to finally find a link to download the xe for the msvb.  Do you think other people would wnat me to post that link so if they need it as well?

2016-11-12 19:15:06

General update:
After an email this morning, I've uploaded a third (tested this time) copy of Mario that includes a standard .exe file. Apologies to all for the mixup and confusion.
Download and have fun!

@Koty:
That sounds like a visual basic dll by the name; its usually available in any number of packages that install vb dependencies and probably isn't worth hosting on its own.

2016-11-13 05:52:54

A while back I linked to an extended visual basic runtime package on Sourceforge that installed all the versions of vb, so try using that.

2016-12-01 15:31:41

Could you add legacy to the archive?

2017-02-03 04:08:41

At long last, I'd like to announce the launch of a recordings section of agarchive.net.
We presently host recordings from Raul Gallegos and Damien Lindley, totaling about 8gb, and spanning many developers.
If your interested in listening to some recordings, the link you'll want is:
http://www.agarchive.net/pages/recordings.html
and if you're interested in submitting recordings for inclusion in the archive, please get in touch.
Please make sure to only submit your own work though, and take a minute to review our general criteria for acceptance on the faq page.

2017-02-03 06:25:13

Hi John.

This is cool, I'll certainly send you the stuff I've done next week so you can host it on there too.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-04 06:09:43

Hello and I see it's suggested to get 7zip for these files, but what is the difference between that and winzip, which I currently own licensed copy of latest version? Will winzip not open these files and can I just do a google search for this 7zip or can this be downloaded from the archive?