2016-10-13 01:21:25

Hope you can release a client update to fix the errors that people are seeing.  Mainly the inventory bug where it crashes the client.  As well as the lag spikes when items are coming at me, or when I use certain items.
Call stack size: 13

File: D:\coding\redspot\includes\inventory.bgt
Line: 7 (1)
Function: void give(string, int)

File: D:\coding\redspot\game.bgt
Line: 768 (1)
Function: void netloop()

Line: 188 (1)
Function: void game()

File: D:\coding\redspot\includes\net.bgt
Line: 48 (1)
Function: void login()

Line: 851 (1)

File: D:\coding\redspot\includes\menu.bgt
Line: 13 (1)
Function: void mainmenu()

Line: 109 (1)
Function: void optionsmenu()

Line: 64 (1)

Line: 70 (1)

Line: 20 (1)

Line: 167 (1)
Function: void main()

2016-10-13 06:01:10

I just realized that you already know about the bugs I mentioned. I missed the MOTD earlier. Sorry about that.

I'm really enjoying the update.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2016-10-15 11:57:22

Unfortunately I am still getting completely random speedhack detection warnings. I have seriously tried my best to find a pattern to them, but not with too much luck. They do seem to happen more often when there are a lot of players online, but sometimes it'll be fine for a few minutes and sometimes it'll just kick me off seconds after I log in. Just now I got one at the end of an item grabber sequence, and I didn't even press any keys! While the changes to the game definitely seem cool, it looks like there are a fair few people who can't even play the game at all because of that. I can sort of do it if I get lucky, but it's just too frustrating. And it seems some people can't even launch the game without already getting the speedhack detection.

2016-10-15 14:19:30

Sorry for the double post, but it's been a few hours and it concerns something else. I currently think the inventory system is rather clunky as well because it requires you to tab or shift+tab a lot to find the right item. How about adding keys based on item categories? for example you could categorize items like drinks, explosives, projectiles etc. So you would first need to hit key d for a drink, and then either be able to tab through the different drinks, or hit another shortcut key for directly using one. For example, d followed by p activates a poison drink, d followed by h activates a health drink, d followed by a would do an antibiotic (I guess it's not a drink, but it still kind of falls under that category). These are just hypothetical categories anyway, you could always choose to them divide them some other way. But this would at least be one way to make it easier to actually find the item you want to use instead of needing to go through a list of potentially 25+ items.

2016-10-15 14:38:57

Another issue is you can still walk while tabbing but not shift tabbing. It would be good if you fix that.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-10-15 14:40:13

Hey sam, just curious, will there ever be a way to play this game offline? I know that's not particularly what you probably made the game for, but i'm thinking if there aren't a lot of people online, it might be fun to play against bots sometines. Just a thought, you probably already answered this somewhere, sorry if that's the case.

2016-10-16 11:28:19

funnily enough, I've never even come across moments where there weren't enough players online. More often than not, there are way too many to be able to get your bearings properly, or at least if you aren't very experienced. I suppose that's what you get warned about in the readme, but it does make it harder to get good at the game. But I guess this is still a different reason to add offline play too. Or a way for people to set up their own servers. I have mixed feelings about this because it probably does reduce the overall number of players on any one server, so it might become less fun if you do like having loads of people around.

2016-10-24 05:29:26

Ok, so this is my redspot rant, don't worry, no bad comments here.
My questions. First, i'm wondering why there are only, like 3 to 5 people online at a time. One time, there was 2 people online, and I was one of them. This game is great! It's the best player versus player out there so far! I think it's a great game, honestly, sam works so hard, and I see it's his most favorite game at the moment, why don't people like it. Sam, by the way, it's rusty salask, can you do what I asked you to do in the game? I sent you a pm in redspot and you said you got it, but no result, you know what I need from you. If you can't do it, send me a forum pm telling me why you can't do it. This suggestion is related to what I was asking you about. First, I think the last rule is a little, unfair. Let me explain a little better. We were fighting eachother, and I got kicked from the server due to speed hack detected message. This happened again, and you banned me. You didn't even warn me, saying rusty, why did you go offline, please don't do it again, then, I would explain to you, that it was speed hack detected. So, what I'm trying to say is, can you give us a warning next time? What I was saying earlier is, I would like a second chance. Pleas can you do it?
  Alright, moving on. Another question. I'm having this trouble with redspot, i'm a jaws user. I need help on screen reader interrupt. For example, if I press w to see where a person is at it tells me, but when I press w during the message, it doesn't interrupt it. If I press w twice it would say the message, then give the second one after, instead of interrupting itself. I have a similar problem in survive the wild, where the control key doesn't stop speech, but when I use sappi it works. Is there a jaws option I can use to fix this? Ok, another question. Sam, will you consider making new maps in the future? I can see you thought about it due to a message I saw when someone died. For example: rusty99 was owned by rusty99's bullet bomb on map battlefield. Thanks for listening to my post of the day, from Paul, Paul is my real name btw.

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2016-10-29 23:25:18

To the person who asked the question in the last post, you might try pressing JAWSKEY+3 on the numbers row before pressing the Redspot keystroke. JAWSKEY+3 on the numbers row passes the next keystroke, whatever it may be, through to the active application without being interpreted by JAWS.

2016-10-30 01:01:10

dude, using jaws to play games that is written in bgt just doesn't work. i would suggest you to download nvda to play audio games. that's what i'm doing, i'm using nvda to play audio games and jaws for other stuffs.

2016-12-09 19:37:16

ok so am confused as to how to play this game lol. I've given it a go and get slautered every time. which is ok because that's exactly what I intend on doing when I get to grips with it. but how can you aim and shoot and things? can someone please give me some pointers?

2016-12-09 20:08:28

I find it very confusing as to why some people get speed hack all the time, it never happened to me.
@darren: the tracking system, p, w and jumping a lot are your friends in this game. other than that I can't advise you because there are a lot of items and weapons and you must develop your own strategies. how you fight depends a lot on what items you have and what your preferred weapon is. for example if you see someone right infront of you but too far away like 100 feet you can quickly switch to the rifle and shoot him down. If you are fighting in close range and the other guy doesn't have shields then the shotgun is the best option because it has a wider range. if the distance is around 30 feet then I would advise you to use grenades. ah and if you are in close combat and the other guy has shields you can try the chianide pistol or the fireballs. and the most important rule... when you are in a battle never walk, it's too slow, it's better to keep jumping around because the other player can't hear your footsteps so he doesn't know which direction you're heading. Good luck!

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-12-10 00:46:01

so how do i ump and stuff? can someone give me some key commands and explinations? also is there a way of keeping progress? for example if I have to exit the game can I keep all my stuff or is it a case of starting new every time?

2016-12-10 01:48:09

for key commands and stuff, check the readme, and for  how weapons work and stuff  check on article room.
the point of this game is to kill another players and got killed  lol, so you can't keep your stuff if you die/logout.

2016-12-10 12:07:03

as jason said go and check those first, and check the changelog too, it will give you a brief look at what's been added and how some of the stuff works. I don't want to be rude but please be sure that you've searched for the answer first, if you ask questions that you can easily find the answer yourself by just reading the readme not many people will answer to you, don't expect everything provided to you on a golden plate.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-12-15 19:38:27

WTF. Whenever I start the game I get a speedhack detection error.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-12-15 22:48:43

hi. mr. sam tupy, this game is fantastic! but just make some stufs e.g car, tank, or, can't we shed more blood on the ground?
best regards

2016-12-28 00:49:07

I figured out what the problem was.
Apparently, Redspot gives me a speedhack detection error when I'm connected to my mobile hotspot. When I'm connected to my home network, it doesn't.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-12-29 00:26:13

I just got the following BGT error after picking up an item:
Call stack size: 21

File: D:\coding\redspot\includes\inventory.bgt
Line: 9 (1)
Function: void give(string, int)

Line: 753 (1)

Line: 836 (1)

Line: 13 (1)

Line: 109 (1)

Line: 105 (1)

Line: 20 (1)

Line: 167 (1)
Function: void main()

2016-12-31 11:51:27

Hey all, it's BillBooser. So I would just like to report that we have a bit of an issue going on in RS. I believe someone is spamming the server or something causeing a few peoples systems to completely freeze with no responce from NVDA or the keyboard. When this happends we are forced to completely restart our systems. I believe a char named Moron is doing it but can't say for sure. But I know 3 people have had it happen to them including me. It just started happening tonight

2016-12-31 13:08:08

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is the place to report this kind of behavior. If there's a problem in the game, take it up with Sam.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-12-31 13:53:52

this is the plase to report it in and just wo warn everyone, bill reported it to sam but as i said i don't see any problems by writing it here

2016-12-31 14:59:21

Yeah this is the right place. Slender, could you please stop being strict in your posts? Please be a bit easier man. Yeah guys, this has happened with me as well, was that all because of a message? What does it contain then?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2016-12-31 21:03:20

i don't know really, but crash words which both makes the server laggy and crashes the system

2016-12-31 21:56:41 (edited by Slender 2016-12-31 23:42:58)

Sorry if that last post came off as harsh, I just honestly didn't know if this was an appropriate place to report in game issues like players cheating. Now that I think about it, I was probably wrong on that. Apologies. Anyway, I think what it is is a very, very large message. Since Redspot is speaking directly through the NVDA API, there is no separation of strings in to chunks, so when a very, very large string is sent, NVDA, or the speech synthesizer in use, crashes and overloads. This isn't a Redspot or NVDA problem, rather, it is both. I think Sam could implement a character limit to keep this from happening; perhaps 5000, or, maybe, 10000. I suggest that high of a limit because it would give people the ability to paste in things such as logs. Or maybe an implementation of a long message kind of feature, where you only saw  some of the message, and you had to press a keystroke to view the entire message if it exceeded a certain number of characters.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!