2016-10-11 22:51:15

Hello folks:
Innoetics, the company who brought us the UK male voice of Ian, have released three new American English voices.  I was a beta tester of these voices as some of you know from my recorded audio.  There is one male and two female voices to choose from.  John is the male voice. This is by far my favorite.  John sounds like a radio broadcaster/newsreader.  Martha is one of the female voices, who kind of has that newsreader tone to her also.  Then we have Tamar, a young girl's voice.  This one sounds pretty hot.  Check them out at the innoetics.com website
Jake

2016-10-12 02:42:38

And the spanish voices? I need to betatest it!

73 Wj3u

2016-10-12 03:02:17 (edited by jack 2016-10-12 03:07:45)

A bit on the pricey end, but great sounding voices overall. They couldn't have done the demo better in my opinion. The music watermark makes for an interruption free demo. I'm firmly against Vw voices complaining every utterance when they lost their license *makes for some great tts production though* or cepstral voices doing the same thing for that matter. Neither am I in favor of expiring demos either, because those just stop working after 30 or so days. The music overlay is a perfect balance between the two kinds of tts demos we see. It's a nag that doesn't require interruption. The voices are actually pretty responsive too. They lag a little bit but maybe the demo song makes them lag. Maybe what they should do is make the voices function normally for an hour after system boot just so that people can test responsiveness, then activate the demo song nag. But definitely some great sounding voices. Just registered to test them for Android as well, so am looking forward to potentially testing those on Android. Great to see them going for Android as now that Ivona has left the scene, Svox's data servers are down, Vestec got pulled from the store, Sereproc lags on any device you run it on, you name it, Acapella and Vocalizer rare eally the only lag-free natural voices we've got on the market, so will be looking forward to these new voices coming to Android.

2016-10-12 10:03:15

I think John seems to be the best voice out of this lot, expression wise.

2016-10-12 20:32:02

It seams that BGT doesn't like this tts. I've installed John voice as a demo, and after that, bad things started to happen. Any BGT game that I've tryed to run such as Manamon, Paladin or Perilous Hearts gave me an error about loading sound files. The most interesting thing was when I ran Perilous Hearts, and it gave me a message "This data files are mine!". After uninstalling Innoeticks voice, all BGT games continued running and loading sounds properly.

2016-10-12 23:20:19

I don't know what to think of this. While I really like the voices, I find the website irritating to navigate. When I finally found the right download link, I downloaded the john demo with that reader thing you have to use. However, I have no idea what to do. I launch the program and it keeps asking me for an activation code. I see no where to run it as a demo or anything. It sounds like from the manual that this demo can't be ran with any background things like music or anything. I really wish they could do a 30 day trail like the vocalizer voices for sapi5.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2016-10-13 01:01:25

There's no trial, just a demo mode. Activation only lets you activate with a serial key. So either launch the reader, or juts select him in your sapi5 settings. The manual doesn't have a very clear full section on the demo, but you are correct in that the demo has a background music watermark. Whenever the tts is speaking, the music plays. So don't use it as your screenreader voice unless you don't mind background music while you use your  computer. big_smile

2016-10-13 07:48:26

Still not all that good. For me, if I am to buy a voice, they should have to speak the passage below correctly, taking into account the repetition of key words. None of these voices, most voices from any company, do this. The only synthes that do this are Macintalk and the HMM based Open Mary voices.

“I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.”

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-10-13 18:32:03

after hearing john when I downloaded him, I have to say i'm not extremely impressed with the voice, not as impressed as I thought i'd be. I really don't like how he pronounces some things, and I don't like the fact that you have to hear background music every single time you do something. I really wish there was just a 30 day trial or something.
Also, it appears to have really messed up nvda, to the point where I am having to reinstall it. But when I do it gives me an error that says cannot find the inotics reader or something. I've tried reverting to the default configuration, but it's still not working. If they did a 30 day trial I think i'd feel better about this.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2016-10-13 23:39:27

Maybe they could do a 30 day trial, then when the trial expires, the music starts to play. I personally have no problem whatsoever with the music, after all my tts experience has been permanently scarred by worse demo limitations *coughs* Cepstral and Neospeech, so this is as close to perfect as it gets. Though I can see why you'd want a 30 day trial. For reading a passage it's alright, but it's not all that great hearing background music with your screenreader voice, and absolutely impractical for playing games that already have sounds to begin with.