2016-10-09 10:44:03

hello, i'm finding rpg that soundeffects included, free accessible ios game.
can someone suggest?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2016-10-09 14:01:53

Hi.

it depends upon what you mean "sound effects"

If you mean a game that is entirely self voicing where everything is recorded speech and sfx and you don't need voiceover at all, then your out of luck I'm afraid.

If however you don't mind a game that uses voiceover for it's text but has sound and music and such, then you have several extremely good options.

King of dragon pass, adventure to fate 2 or 3 (or even the first adventure to fate game if you don't mind the rather wonky lables), perhaps silver sword though that is a little harder to play with voiceover, or if you want to play game with others celtic tribes or lords and knights both have sound effects.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-09 16:14:30

king of dragon path?
is it free?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2016-10-09 17:37:19

King of dragon pass   Isn't free, but it is worth the price 10 times over .  I have yet to finish it, as I keep getting distracted by other games . sad

2016-10-09 19:28:39

I just wander, why do some people always expect everything to be free?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-10-09 21:22:12

I don't mind paying for a good iOS game, especially if there's one that closely resembles Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger.   Are any of  those that Dark listed close?  or any other sugestions?   I"d like to have something I can play portably.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2016-10-09 21:57:40

I wish we had something of that sort.  been wanting to play those forever.

2016-10-09 23:58:02

Sadly G-rad we don't have any! games resembling final fantasy or chrono trigger I'd give my right hand for such.

On the plus side, King of dragon pass is a bloody awesome game! I'm not sure whether you'd call it rpg, resource management, interactive story or something else, but whichever way you cut it iit's an amazing experience (check out the db page for more info). indeed the only reason I've not played it more is once I start I'm pretty much hooked for days, i've literally spent four streight days on one game.
A podcast I recorded on the subject which helps with the steepish learning curve can be downloaded here on sendspace

The adventure to fate games are what the author calls j rpgs. Basically pick a class and fight through lots of strategic combat. the second game, battle arena is just what it says, fight lots of opponents very tactically in an arena, what is particularly cool are the unlockable classes and gems.
The third game, quest to the future is a dungeon crawl, albeit one of the most complex you'll see with pets, time travel, craftable items, six distinct classes and a hole lot of exploring along over fourty floors, indeed it's a game I need to sit down with and again would highly recommend.

So as usual while not exactly the thing we're looking for there are still some decent things to play in accessible form.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-10 01:53:12

One day....   One day...

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2016-10-10 01:55:30

nooooo.
i'm from korea.
i'm 17 years old.
and i don't have visa card or any other card.
so i'm finding free rpg.

2016-10-10 06:13:00

@G-rad, I'm still waiting, though i will say with paladin of the sky and particularly with manamon we're getting closer so it's not completely all doom and gloom.

@music097, if that is the case then your choice is limited. Celtic tribes, lords and knights  and turf wars are probably your best bet, though those are very definitely battle mmorpg games where you fight other players and not true rpgs with a story and characters and such.
I can also recommend the interactive story games from choiceofgames and hosted games. These do not have sound effects, but many have rpg like mechanics and settings that need you to think tactically, for example in heroes rise you need to hoard how much power you have and how much you use on certain actions, while mecha ace has you commanding a huge mech squadren.
No sound affects unfortunately, but great gameplay and many are free or have free demos.

What i'd actually recommend you do is looking at buying some apple points for your account, that way you can buy games without need of a visa card. Basically you buy the apple points card and put cash on it then put the numbers into your Iphone in the ap stor. There are undoubtedly some awesome games for Ios, rpgs as I said, action adventure games like pappasangre or blind legend, stratogy games etc, not to mention some amazing interactive story type of stuff (I would highly recommend many of the choiceofgames and hosted games titles as I said and i've heard very good things about delight games). However they do tend to cost money, not much money admitedly, but certainly some and unless you basically want to be limited to just arcade type of stuff you should probably look into a way of paying for the games if you can, ---- indeed Apple ponits might be the way to go.

2016-10-10 08:05:30

Hi.
So I've realized that I've missed something about the Adventure to fate games. I thought it was only the big and latest game which is playable with VOiceover. I find the latest game, Quest to the future, really difficult to get used to when it comes to navigating. I'll try one of the others to see if I can get used to it. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2016-10-10 08:17:01

The first adventure to fate game, quest to the core is not really that accessible due to all the squares to move to not having propper labels. The game to play as an introduction is battle arena, the second game.
this has all labeled squares, but the only things to move between are the shop, the arena where you engage in battles, the portals two and from one arena to the next when you've done all the fights, and the vault for item storage.

I'd recommend trying that.

Also note both games have some descriptions of the interface in the database too, and quest to the future has a full on guy in the articles room.

hth.

2016-10-11 07:17:19

Thanks a lot. I have tried the Battle arena, but I'm having trouble. I have walked everywhere, but I can't enter the arena. I'll take a look at this later, and check out the DB page and the guide in the articles room, because I think there's some of the basics which I'm missing.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-10-11 09:52:51

@Slj, are you trying to enter the arena itself? Rather than the portals to go to the next area?

I'll try and explain how it works.
First thing to note is that the screen doesn't scroll.When you tap on a square it's like moving your peace on a chess board, thus you need to take note of where your peace is and move it (vertical navigation in vo is very much your friend since then flicking left and right you can examine the squares horizontally from your position, and up and down lets you examine vertically).

the game has one, and only one layout (very different to quest to the future and it's dungeon floors). The arena itself where you fight monsters is on the very central square of the screen (at square 12 I believe). the eight squares surrounding the arena are all empty space, but the four other buildings are set immediately around the arena beyond those eight squares.

When you begin you'll be on the exit portal at the very bottom center. Here is where vertical navigation is your friend, since immediately above the exit portal is an empty square, and then one above that is the arena, so to get into your first fight go north twice.
to find the shop, it's east into the empty space from the arena then east again to the shop, the vault is west, and the portal to the next arena when you've finished all the battles is up.
I've actually considered doing a brief podcast of the game to explain things which might actually be a good idea, since the game is very easy when you get your head around it, it's just mildly difficult to explain a spacial layout of a static board, even a highly predictable one in text.

2016-10-12 08:22:30

Hi Dark.
Thanks a lot. I get how to walk around and I'm using the virticle navigation to figure out the layout. When I go to the battle arena, nothing happens at all. THe character just stays there at the square, and no text pops up near the bottom of the screen like when entering the shop or other things. So I'm not sure on what to do other than reinstalling the game to see if that'll fix it.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-10-12 09:12:50

Hmmm, that is odd. As I remember when you go to the battle arena, a window should appear somewhere towards the top (covering most of the screen), telling you what the next fight is, what loot you will earn,  with buttons to begin the fight or scroll back and replay a previous fight.
I presume you've also tried double tapping on the battle arena itself?

2016-10-12 23:23:23

Is there by any chance a demo for KODP?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2016-10-13 07:58:37

No there is not a demo of KODP. It would have been nice though.
dark: Yes, I've tried to dobble tab on the arena, which the first time walks the character to the square, and the second time, nothing happens at all. So, I'll reinstall the game and let you know if this issue will be fixed.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-10-13 09:23:57

Okay Slj, i just tried this out.

When you begin, you need to step up one square from the exit portal into the path, then step up again one square into the arena itself. Then! you need to double tap the arena to bring up the battle selector.
When you do this you will hear a crank sound, (a little like a key turning), and there will be an overlay on the screen. You will know it is there since at the top next to the menu is a button labeled "close battle selector"

You will find listed what sort of opponent you have (the first will be toxic puddle), and what loot you'll gain for defeating it.
Towards the bottom middle of the screen is a "start battle" button, along with "next battle" and "previous battle" which are used to scroll back to previous fights in the game to gain loot and xp.

the only thing to be a little aware of is that the first time you double tap on the arena an alert will show up towards the top with the king telling you about how to battle. Find the "done" button to shift it.

I admit this bit is a little weerd, since at the moment Vo reads stuff under the underlay so you'll still occasionally see things like "wall" even when looking at the battle selector, but these aren't things to worry about and will hopefully be fixed in the future when touchmint gets around to it, (they don't happen in quest to the future).

hth.

2016-10-14 17:53:24

Hi.
Thanks for the nice explanation Dark. Reinstalling the app fixed my issue, and I've now done my first battle.
However, I'm not impressed. I simply find the layout of the game too complicated, and there are unlabled buttons as well. So maybe I'll pick this up later on, but currently I have better games to play.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-10-16 11:39:57

Hmmm slj, I'd suggest you either perciveer with this one or try quest to the future. The tactics and battles get very complex when your putting together skills, enmmy attacks, crafted items etc, also all of the labelling issues are fixed in the next game and now you know how movement on the map works you should be able to play it.

while I agree there's a bit of a learning curve for the layout, all of the info you need is there, there is no need to guess at anything and once you know where things on the layout are you need you can find the info streight away just like with some of the more complex sorts of browser games.

Fare enough if you really don't fancy it, but I'd highly recommend this one if you can get the hang as a truly detailed and tactical rpg with a lot of depth to it, particularly when you start up with the different attacks and character types and such.

2016-10-29 16:39:37

Hi Dark.
Maybe I should make a new topic for the game... smile
So, I'm picking it up again, really trying to get how it works. I think I got how the battles works, which is pretty great stuff. there are still a lot of buttons on the battle screen which I don't know what does. What does the following button mean: Oryx 16 bit fantasy creatures, and this automatically switches between 1 and 0.
I just tried to enter the vault, which gave me a lot of trouble. First, there was a lot of 0 buttons. I have no idea on what those means. Next, the game told me that around 200 gems are required to unlock the vault. Okay, fair enough. The thing is, I couldn't exit out of this screen. Clicking on exit vault did nothing, going back to the menu didn't worked as well. So I finally found the right unlock button, tried to unlock which of course failed because I don't have enough gems, and then I clicked cancel. Then, I could finally exit out of the vault. I'm not sure on what I'm doing wrong, but this is all those 0 buttons and not being able to exit out of things which is kind of frustrating.
So, I've bought a new weapon from the shop, but I'm not sure on how to equip the weapon. The sword does show up in the inventory when I open up the vault, but I'm not sure on how to check if I'm using it. I'm sorry for the confusion... If the inventory works the same way like in Quest for the future, then I'll just read the guide.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-10-29 17:12:48

Hi Slj.

In combat some of the immages show up as buttons. The attack button is one flick right of the image, and you can select your special attack two thirds down the screen, you'll also see any potions in your potion belt too.

As to the zeros, a zero meanes an open inventory slot. the inventory has your equip slots at the top in a line, then your inventory slots under that, and shows when you look at the valt. I don't recall exactly where the exit button is, but it's likely you had to click "unlock" in the altert since the game was asking you whether you wanted to unlock the  valt or not.

hth.

sorry I can't be more specific, it's been a while since I played the game but I'll have a look, btw, I do think the inventory in adventure to fate is tyhe same so look at that if you need info.

I'll also say, in most screens, flicking is your friend.

2016-10-29 18:03:44 (edited by SLJ 2016-10-29 18:41:27)

Hi Dark.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Yep, I do flick all the time. smile I still don't get how to equip the weapon and how to see that the weapon is equipped. I'll take a look in the quest to the future guide.
Edit:
I've just looked at the guide regarding to the inventory. I can find the compare button, but the info, use, add, remove and destroy buttons are dimmed. I don't see any equip or unequip buttons. Clicking inventory does nothing.
Edit:
Okay I feel so stupid. I thought the vault also was the inventory. I found the inventory by pressing the menu button... smile
I've now tried to equip my sword, and then I would try to put on a ring I found. But I can't find any information on what the ring does, and I find it so confusing to see what I've equipped... It seems like equipping the ring removed my weapon... Hmm...
Edit:
Okay, some more explanation on what is confusing me:
I'm now in my inventory, which I've accessed from the menu.
Nothing happens when clicking the weapon slots button. No extra information comes up.
When flicking to my sword and clicking that, it makes the weapon sound, and nothing new comes up. It makes the same sound no matter how many times I press it. First I thought it toggled something like any weapon information, but I don't see any information comming up.
When clicking the equip button, it just makes the icon clicking sound. I've tried to first click on the sword and then the equip button, but still nothing in my weapon slots. The guide says it shows what I've equipped at the top of the screen. At the top of the screen, the shield and leather vest is shown, no sword. The requirement for the sword is level 1, and I'm at level 3. So I have no idea on what I'm doing wrong...

Best regards SLJ.