2016-10-08 16:23:09

ah never mine, I finally figured out how to distribute the energy and ignite the ship.
can't wait for another episode to come.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-10-08 16:32:50

@ hanif
you just don't have enough on the turbines yet

2016-10-08 16:54:56

Oh, forgive me, it was M. I do have it in English, just sometimes M and N are a bit hard to tell apart. Got it working now.

2016-10-08 17:00:23

any way i can make the M better understandable?  write Emm or something?

2016-10-08 17:12:58

no, don't think their is any way to get around that problem, and others were understanding the M fine, so I think it was just me, my ears, and my four in the morning brain that was over excited by a new game. Nearly finished now and the acting and sound are so good...the slamming against the elevator door with that music...good, creepy paring their, and Sam played the roll well!

2016-10-08 17:18:04

Hay I really like this game, so far.
I would like to suggest a new feature.
The ability to have the game repeat what was said last.
For example, I can't seem to figure out what the second door code is.
It sounds like she's saying  0 2 5.
That doesn't work though.
I also missed what to type at the beginning of the game yesterday.
A motorcycle blasted by my house, and I had to completely restart the game just to hear what I was supposed to type.
Also, being able to view passwords might be helpful, as sometimes, it's hard to remember what was said.
Also, their's no need for the game to read the settings menu before you can select an option; seeing as you can navigate this menu with the arrows.
Also, the opening message is bugged.
It only says
Press N to start a new game, pres for settings and pres to quit.
Continue is not listed at all; even when you can continue.
Besides that, the letters for continue, settings and quit should also be listed.

at some point, the game should tell the player that they can use tab to navigate menus.
Later!

2016-10-08 17:27:35 (edited by kevin.glaap 2016-10-08 17:29:54)

@ threeblacknoises

thank you for the feedback.

0 2 5 is correct. what did you try to do with that number?

SPOILER
search for it in the database
SPOILER END

i will not be able to make the game repeat what was said last. that's a way bigger intrusion into the games code than you might think.

also I can't reproduce the menu bug that you're having. do you know which voice the game is using? if it doesn't find the english voice that I have it just uses the first voice it finds... maybe that's part of the problem? i already have on my next features list to be able to control which voice the game is using.

as for the settings in the menu, it does say all the names at the beginning so that you get an overview of where the options are. sometimes there's a headline. you can't navigate on that tough, so you won't be able to hear it while navigating.

2016-10-08 17:47:28

I'm using ivona2jennifer as my English voice.
What voice are you using?
If I have it, I'll switch to that and see if I'm still having the bug.
Later!

2016-10-08 18:01:39

can't look for it right now, but if you had it, it would automatically choose it
it's the default windows one.

2016-10-08 18:16:23

i was playing on my laptop last night and got to the point where you have to equalize pressure 2 rooms for adoor to open when you hear "pressure equal door unlocked, how do you proceed? stumped

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2016-10-08 18:26:10

Spoilers:
go and inspect the door.
End spoilers

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-08 19:00:29

You have room control. Just remember KPa isn't going to change linearly.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-10-08 20:10:04

i understand. maybe better to have it all playable in English then. It's not fun without the voices.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2016-10-08 21:03:26

I got to the part Where I have to have Sam reach my location.
I was accessing the map, and I tried accessing the following locations.
l002, r032, h029, and r030.
I do not know what to do next.
Whenever I try entering the ID that was 025, it says security level not high enough to reach.
I accessed my database and entered the search ID that was 016.
so now I gave up because I don't know how I'm going to be able to complete the game.

2016-10-08 21:11:36

spoilers
check the emails on one of the computers, you have to download something from there.

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2016-10-08 22:33:15 (edited by Lirin 2016-10-09 06:28:41)

So, Kevin, first of all it's something I waited for. I always wanted to play something like Uplink etc and now my thoughts on the game:

I love it so much, theme, music and how it's changing based on what is going on. Sound design is really fantastic and fits the atmosphere. Fantastic voice acting!
I'll back the project for SURE! and I'm spreading it as much as possible to fund this amazing project.
As I completed the epizode 0 I can see you removed the mini games, is it true? if yes, it's so sad as I always wanted to enjoy these things so it will be great if you can find a way how to make these accessible for us. I'm a sound designer, voice actor and everyday I'm fighting for the game accessibility. I'm playing video games as much as possible and if there's something I can help with, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to do my best! smile
For the visual-based mini games there's a lot of ways to make it playable for us ie. audio presentation where some audio files can play in the stereo panning field so instead of looking, you can hear something important what you need to move etc.
I'm working with few developers on their games including Mike Z and his Skullgirls game, which is fully accessible for the blind now on steam.

So, Code 7 is really a fantastic and amazing masterpiece!
If you wish, at some point contact me, just reply or send me PM.

Take care,
L

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2016-10-08 23:08:57

What Email should I access from one of the computers?
I'm still clueless on how to download something after trying to have Sam reach my location.
I need tips on how to complete the game.
I do not want spoilers I want help because I'm getting stuck on the part Where my mission is to have Sam reach my location.

2016-10-08 23:49:26

Find the comt computer and access it in console.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-10-09 01:35:08

I was able to access the comt computer in the console.
however I don't know the user names and passwords.
the only user name I found was jcampbell, but I don't know the passwords, nor how to obtain them.

2016-10-09 01:50:26

Did you read all of the emails and listen to all of the logs? You should know a lot of usernames, also it should list a default new password when you get to a password prompt.

2016-10-09 02:17:02

well stewie,
I did read all the Emails and then I've listened to all of the log entries, but I don't know what else to do at this point.
I could either go back and try reading the Emails and try again, but if I still can't find the Password I would have to have a walkthrough for this game because I don't know how proceed further.
can you give me any tips or spoilers to try and help me out?
I'm enjoying the game but more help is appreciated.

2016-10-09 02:30:30

use the dlutz (possible wrong spelling) username listed.

2016-10-09 05:12:11

Warning! This post contains some seriously major storyline spoilers!!! If you haven't finished the demo yet, read on at your own risk!

Hi Kevin,
I'm bowing down as deep as I can to you and your friend. Just hope it's not Soli. :-D

I have just finished the demo and I really admire the amount of work that must have been put into making this accessible, when accessibility obviously was not built right into the design process. It does actually work very well. And the story is so incredibly atmospheric, immersive, creepy. I mean it, I still have goosebumps even after a few minutes since I finished the game, and I can't remember if any game ever managed to do this to me before! I have played and seen several mainstream games before, not that I was ever sighted but I did have my brother and a friend who showed some games to me a few years ago, but I have no idea which game genre or particular titles inspired this but still, it's such an unique experience. And the story line is really engaging! I mean, actualy entering the commands on a computer within the game, then revealing you are in fact that very computer, then... Just wow! I'm typing this in a very hurried way, so excited, so it's probably one big mess, but I hope you can see what I mean anyway.

The Sam actress is just absolutely amazing! There were times I really felt sorry for her. When trying to override the robot, I was actually panicking. I had the elevator door integrity at 25% and it still took me a while to get the job done even after that, so I probably managed to save her only in the last few seconds, as the Sapi voice the game chose for me is too slow and laggy. Still, I enjoyed the atmosphere immensely!

I was so sorry for Alex at the end. I mean, the ending is so emotional! How did you manage to convey so much in such brief technical messages? When she read unknown identity, I was like what the hell? Then the message could not be sent, and the final words: I am Alex. I am Soli. I am Alex. Just wow, so creepy! Cybernetic schizophrenia? :-D

What do the decisions for a given episode actually mean? I mean, it does read the percentages, which probably means how much a particular choice is going to shape the future storyline development, but it's not clear to me what I chose. Does it say "you chose this" before or after the decision choice?

There definitely needs to be a way for the player himself to manually choose the Sapi voice they want to use, and it should recognize even 32-bit voices if any are installed. I know the possibilities of the Unity Sapi plugin are probably pretty limited, so I hope this is at all possible to program, because the only 64-bit voice which is available for me to configure in the Windows 10 text to speech control pannel is Microsoft Zira, which sounds pretty good but she is just so slow and unresponsive that it forces me to play at the pace of a snail, and even that is probably too fast. :-D

I'm so sorry I won't probably manage to support your campaign until it ends! It just really sucks but I have purchased a pretty expensive audiogame just a few days before I found Code 7 and I'm also in the process of starting up my own business, so I'm pretty tight on money until the end of the month. Really sincerely sorry about that, it feels frustrating, I really wish I could send some cash your way. This game deserves it a lot!

By the way, I do think Soli actually doesn't seem villainous at all. Judging by its remarks, and how it tries so hard to learn to lie, I tend to think its motives might in fact be good, in a twisted sort of way. Perhaps the truth it found out is really too dangerous for mankind to know or something, so it's trying to do all it can not to be forced to reveal it eventually. I almost wished I could teach it how to lie. But then I would probably be dead anyway, or rather erased, so yeah. :-) And I'm really itching to know what the heck Code 7 actually means and does!

You've done the nastiest thing a game developer or story writer can ever do, you've left us stuck at such an incredible cliffhanger! :-)

Seriously, though, this is just incredible work! I'm almost tempted to say I don't care about the mini games for the time being, if only I could actually play the rest of the story right now. :-)

Did you have the time to check out any other audiogames listed on the site, even if just briefly? I think many of them could perhaps provide you with some inspiration to overcome some of these accessibility challenges.

Keep up the great work, and please do keep us updated on the progress. I really wish your campaign succeeds.

By the way, if I may ask, what brought you to the idea to make this accessible to visually impaired players in the first place?

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-10-09 08:37:10 (edited by kevin.glaap 2016-10-09 08:44:51)

hey lukas,
wow. thanks for the kind words. it really means a lot to us.

The decisions are actually collected online so the percentage is how many other people that played the game chose this answer.
I could make that clearer, I guess. It says "You chose this" after the option you chose.
You should be able to hear the choices again with Continue and then pressing Y in the Episode 0 menu.

I have it on my list to make the voices choosable, but I probably won't be able to reprogram the plugin so that it also chooses voices that it doesn't recognize now. However, the game should already know several sapi voices that are installed. So far I just thought that these were just the voices for the different languages. But i'll see what I can do.

Don't worry if you can't afford to support right now. If the campaign is successful we'll have ways to preorder it after the campaign ends. We are now at 55% of the goal with 18 days to go. It could be a bit tight in the end to reach the goal tough, so you can help us by spreading the word in any way you can think of, because if we don't reach the goal we won't be able to afford the voice actors and that would be a big step back for accessibility. Just tell your friends. Do you have any other ideas for us to reach out to blind communities?

I haven't been able to check out other audiogames so far, since the kickstarter campaign is a really stressful time and we're having to reach out to people every day and every hour. But after this is done I can hopefully look at some stuff.

So what brought us to the idea to make this game accessible?

The original idea of the game is to base it on classical text adventures from the 70s and 80s. When we first did some research on those games, we watched a documentary called "Get Lamb: The Text Adventure Documentary" and in that documentary they are briefly talking about the fact that the games were also played a lot by blind people.
I remember that from that day on it was always embedded in my mind to some day try to do this. However I didn't know anything about it and thought that it would be a lot of work so I always pushed it back.

But now we're on Kickstarter and that is a really stressful time for me. Not because of how much I have to work, but because of emotional stress - having the numbers rise in such a slow fashion is really nerve-wrecking.
So then we were backed by a community member of this site - Harrison - not sure if he commented on this post yet.
And he said that he thought that it sounded like it could be done and pointed us to this site. That motivated me to give it a try.
Since I needed some distraction from the Kickstarter campaign that would still give me the feeling that it would help the campaign, I gave it a try and I got it done and now I'm really happy that you all like it so much.

Thanks for all your support,
Kevin

2016-10-09 08:55:59

@nick
you have to inspect the desk and you will gain the usernames and passwords that you need. hint: the one that you need to enter in the comt computer in the science room is dlutz and the password is changeme
after that look carefully through the e-mails and you will find an e-mail that will ask you to download a hacking software. download it and you will be able to overwrite the door where you have problems.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King