2016-10-08 01:58:57

To the people having issues with the room numbers, it actually is l002, not l2. I think your SAPI voice is reading it incorrectly.

I just completed episode 0. The game is seriously awesome so far, the acting especially. I will be contributing to this at some point.

One suggestion I have though, is it possible the emails could be laid out in more a table form? So you could arrow through emails then left/right to view the various fields individually.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-10-08 02:31:11

I've downloaded the visually impaired mode version for windows, not the default version for windows.
however, the game does not have a documentation.
so I don't know the commands I should type to play the game.
so if I launch the game, I would have difficulties playing the game since there's no game documentation.

2016-10-08 03:12:12

stewie! thank you man.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2016-10-08 03:19:50

Hello,
It says on the kickstarter page that it is playable in english or german, but I can't seem to switch to german. Any ideas on why that is?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2016-10-08 03:29:37

i dont think the documentation is a need, pritty much everything is typing, or using the arrows sometimes. but the screenreader tells you what to do most of the times. the only part where I didn't have a clue was  at the end. on the ship.. like what number to put and stuff like that lol

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2016-10-08 04:17:08

that's true, but I start the game and I get to the first part where it says warning system damage and then it says check requirement but I don't know how to check requirement.
I was at the main menu and I hit S to start a new game but I don't know What to do and I'm clueless on how to beat the game successfully.
I was at episode 0 and I need help on episode 0.

2016-10-08 04:21:23

Good , i have a try next time,

2016-10-08 05:01:10 (edited by stewie 2016-10-08 05:01:26)

Did you enable the speech with alt or ctrl v? It tells you what to type. You're looking for system.check then system.restart

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-10-08 05:04:46

right, but if you listen to sapi it tells you what to do basicly, just do system.check and it should work after. the key here is to listen to sapi lol

follow me on
twitter

2016-10-08 05:32:27 (edited by kevin.glaap 2016-10-08 06:17:56)

First of all .. again thank you for all the feedback. I'm going to answer each question individually now:

@ Naruto
i'm going to make the room names be spelled out exactly like the passwords, so that no one gets problems like this again. have it on my list.

@ stewie
as for the mails.. well.. we can come up with a solution i think. when i wrote it i realized that it wasn't good, but I couldn't think of a better way then. how about this: with the up and down arrows you are currently already choosing which mail to open.
I could add a left and right key that would allow you to switch between or restart the voice output at the fields of the mail like ...  To, From, Subject, Mail, Attachments .. Did I understand correctly? Then I'll put it on my list for the next build.

@ Chris
yes, there will be a mac version soon. I'm just focusing on finishing it on one platform and then porting it to the other. I'm a mac user myself so there's no way i'm not going to try to make it work on mac as well. but i'm not sure how to make the voice on a Mac stop yet and the sapi needs to be interrupted in several situations.

@ Nick
you were expecting a documentation file? the game is designed to always tell you what to do. what would you expect such a documentation to include?

@ harrylst
for now the visually impaired mode switches the language to english, because we don't have german voice actors and the german version is only for the text output. i thought it would be weird to have a mix of language when you can only hear.
the german version does output a translation for what the voice actors are saying, but i also don't want to replace the voice actors with the sapi voice. i could do that if you want that though? but it would take away a lot from the game.
if we reach an insane amount of 40000€ on Kickstarter we'd get to the german voice actors stretch goal but that seems totally out of reach. not sure how to get that much attention to it. we're only half way to reaching the main goal of 15000€ for the english voice actors.
what do you think about this? should I still add the german version? It would be german sapi, but the characters that you're talking to would still always speak english.

2016-10-08 05:37:40

Yes that was what I had in mind, thanks. Also could you possibly add a review output feature? for example, page up/down could view by each line, home/end to jump to the top or bottom of the screen. Also a way to copy lines to the clipboard could be cool for viewing the spelling of names/etc. Also how much is visually shown for character action/etc? Are there any animations or is it just text?

2016-10-08 05:41:36

agree with post 36, something to review the text would be nice.

follow me on
twitter

2016-10-08 05:51:59 (edited by kevin.glaap 2016-10-08 05:52:26)

@ stewie
@ animal metal
yes, i already suggested the up and down line by line reading in another post, that was about the robot elevator puzzle
it's on the list.

not sure about the clipboard thing, but should be possible somehow. i'll give it a try. do you only want that for the lines that you choose with up and down?

i'll try to explain what is shown on the game screen. it's supposed to visualize a console of a computer, but a very old computer. It's flickering a lot and the colors of all the elements are sometimes flickering to the sides so it looks like a broken computer system.

The text output takes most of the space. 50% of the screen is the text output. Underneath there's the text input and beneath that there's a list of all usable commands that sapi also tells you.

When you activate the map system, there's a little map in the top right corner that shows a dot for the character and the outline of the station. If there's a computer in a room, there's a little computer symbol, but i don't think that's important. Whenever Sam moves she also moves on the map. That's basically when you hear footsteps.
In the navigation mode you'd see the corresponding name on the room you want to go to.
In the robot puzzle the door is slowly breaking, so I added a "Door integrity at x %" voice output.
When there's a hit against the elevator door that you hear, you could see the robot dot on the map move against the wall.

And then there's the part that I still haven't figured out how to make playable. after you escape from Soli, there's a very short stealth passage before you reach the ship, where Sam is in a labyrinth and you'd need to tell her quickly where to go while keeping track of several robots patrolling the labyrinth. That one part is just in the map view. I don't know how to port it yet. I hope that I'll be able to do it sometime, but I'm focusing on other things first.

2016-10-08 05:56:38

Oh cool, thanks. Hmm, how fast is the labyrinth section? You could always let the player use the arrow keys to browse the map and direct her that way (like, if the map is laid out tile style). Worst comes to worse, you could make it a turn based logic puzzle with that.

2016-10-08 06:07:15

@ stewie

sadly I don't have the capacity to completely redo the game in this part.
The part that I can't figure out is how to tell the player where the robots are.
sapi could say something like:
robot x arrived at location y
robot x is moving towards location y

but I'd still have to make them a lot slower because of the time it takes sapi to say those informations is a lot longer than seeing the robot move. and also if there's several robots arriving and moving at the same time it could be that the information that you really need comes last and too late. i don't know what to do here.

anyways.. i'll experiment with it later and rather focus on making the rest of the game a better experience.
i'd rather like you to have a good time and experience the story and the hacking than to force this small part of the game that might ruin the whole experience. but maybe i'll come up with a cool way.

2016-10-08 13:06:34

Hello. I am having a bit of an issue When it comes to the map, I hit space, then N to toggle the navigation modual as the voice instructs, but then I get nothing but silence and no key presses do anything at all. What am I doing wrong here? Thank you in advance, this game looks absolutely incredible, like a three times better hack run! Thank you for making it accessible!

2016-10-08 13:08:19

it's m, not n, I think?

2016-10-08 13:11:52

yes it should be M

if it says  N, are you in half-german half-english mode?
the accessible mode doesn't support german ..

2016-10-08 14:05:55

Man, this game sounds awesome.

2016-10-08 14:44:59

hi all, this game is great so far, really like the style of the gameplay.
anyway, I'm stuck at this part: I am at the mission where I have to distribute energy to the ship. what should I do to distribute those?
I go to the ship menu and the only option there is generator.
I go to generator and I choose distribute. then, there are 3 options, which is shield, life support, and engine.
I press enter on life support but after typing an amount of energy to distribute it doesn't work.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-10-08 14:49:09

@ hanif

try opening the other available commands in the generator. there's also lifesupport and engine controls

2016-10-08 14:55:23

hi kevin,
have you considered implementing a save/load feature?

2016-10-08 14:57:30 (edited by kevin.glaap 2016-10-08 15:01:44)

@ Narf

What do you mean? The game already auto-saves and you can continue in the main menu.
Well... there's only a visual sign that it saves.. i'll think about a sound.

2016-10-08 15:39:26

hey Kevin,
I don't need a documentation for this game.
if I wanted a documentation for the game it wood be a readme file.
but since I'm enjoying the game I think I can be able to complete the game successfully.

2016-10-08 15:44:40

ok, I have this strange thing:
I've distributed 30 energy to life support control and I put all 10 energy to oxigen, thermal control and pressure.
then, I distribute 20 energy to engine and I put 10 to main thrusters and atitude control.
when I use ship.engine.ignite, it says the following:
"pressure: running. oxigen: running. thermal controls: running. life support energy: fully redirected. main thrusters: not enough energy. atitude controls: running. turbine: not adjusted"
am I wrong on distributing the energy?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!