2016-10-07 19:08:27

Well audiogames are good things, mostly they let you go off and do something completely different to what you do in ordinary life.
Code 7, the new game in development from kevin.glaap is a perfect example of this. it gives you the chance to sit at a computer and type commands, hacking into the system and trying to fiddle with complex security access, ---- a big break from reality as you'll agree.

Oh, and your on a deserted space station, stuck alone with your partner trying to find out the horrible truth and avoid certain death, I probably ought to have mentioned that.
The game is fully accessible using sapi for output of the computer's text (and in game menus), but also has a very atmospheric soundtrack and professional voice acting.
The full game is slated for an April 2017 release, but in the mean time you can try the demo of episode zero, with an hour's worth of creepy techno horror gameplay here (just download the version that says windows with visually impared access since the other's aren't accessible).

Code 7's development also needs your help though, and if you like the game and fancy the idea of more feel free to donate at the code 7 kickstarter page here

Now I'm off to type some things, ---- and hopefully not be killed by malfunctioning robots! (microsoft's security updates aren't quite that bad yet).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-08 01:28:12

Thanks for putting this in the news Dark, looks very interesting.
somehow managed to miss this earlier.

2016-10-08 01:35:26

The first one was pretty much just the first demo release and hardly got any feedback at all. The second one was more structured, mentioned an update, gave a link to the Kickstarter campaign and was targeted at a broader subset of the forum, I think. Now, this one is an official news thread started by the site mods. Have you ever considered there might be people on this site who don't have the time to, or just don't want to, read the forums and just watch the news headlines on the front page instead?

Is this a good enough reason for you, or will you immediately come up with another one of your well-known backlashes?

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-10-08 18:34:19

@Lukas figment was asking a legitimate question, albeit his tone was a little abrupt on the matter, so no need to start up with remarks about backlashes.

@Figment, Lukas is correct here. the news headlines appear on the front of the forum and are therefore a way to let the community at large know what is going on with audiogames, including in the new releases room. Since kickstarter campaigns obviously need as much exposure as possible I decided some headlines for this one might be in order, indeed I'd be very pleased if those people with news posting priviliges did! post news of new released games on front of site, since there's only one of me and I don't get to try everything.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-09 02:02:21

Dark and Figment,
I really do feel sorry for that remark now. It's been the first time in ages that I made such a mistake myself, or at least have been told of it, and I really feel bad about having reacted too abruptly myself. I know these are just words and you may or may not believe them, or you might not care at all either way, but in any case I do mean them, and having been slightly irritated at Figment's tendency to become quite abrupt relatively easily and quickly in a discussion is absolutely no excuse for that. That's my own personal issue.

In any case, since each of the two threads that the dev himself started before this official news announcement one still includes slightly different information in its first post, I do think having them both, and thus three threads all in total for this single game, is in deed relevant.

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2016-10-09 07:45:34

@Lukas, well said, though for my part at least this wasn't a problem.
Unfortunately, on the internet there is no emotional tone in text, which is one reason why good  netiquette generally requires being as clear with the spirit of what your saying as humanly possible. This especially goes where misunderstandings have occurred in the past and theree is some sort of history of remarks being taken out of context.

2016-10-11 18:00:32

Dark,
You wrote: "since there's only one of me and I don't get to try everything."
I beg to differ, Dark, after getting wedded, you could say there are now two of you and possibly more in the future.
It would be nice to have a timeline that lists new games chronologically with the date they were first introduced and the date of their latest update.
For example:
Sarah and the Castle of Witchcraft and Wizardry,  PCS Games, Released 31 December 2005 Updated 26 November 2007.

2016-10-11 18:06:19

Lol Phil, it is true there are now two of us, or me, or at least now a Mr. and mrs. Dark, however getting Mrs. Dark to try games and write news could be a rather interesting proposition since she's only just getting introduced to audiogames.

Oh, and yes, definitely just the two of us I'm afraid.

A games timeline would be great, though the devil's own job to put together and keep updated.

With the db I do write "ongoing" when talking about the releases of games that have onrunning updates made to them, particularly muds and browser games, but we don't list anything specific for updates.

2016-10-16 17:26:46

hi dark. hm i'm quite interested heer for i've been on the forum's it's really good and to find this out wow lol you make games so interesting. if there is a new pc game you would make me want to download it for most people don't show as good as excitement sas you. you are verry good at exciting people specially me.

2016-10-16 19:45:54

Hi Ingrid.

Glad you like the news, getting people interested is my intention here, since that's what news is for big_smile.
I will confess I don't always write news about everything since there are so many games coming out these days and so much to try, and there's only one of me.