2016-10-07 12:55:57

Code 7 is a modern fully-voiced text adventure.

What would you do if you found yourself trapped on an eerie space station with nothing but a computer? You play the hacker Alex and help your partner Sam uncover the horrible truth of the facility.

The game has recently been nominated for the Gamescom and Unity awards and is now available to play in a visually-impaired mode with a full voice-over. We have professional voice actors from London and New York portraying the main characters.

You can download the first episode with about an hour of playtime for free on itch.io: https://goodwolfstudio.itch.io/code-7
(download the "Visually Impaired Mode (Windows only) (241 MB)" - not the default Windows version! -  I divided the downloads for now because it's a new version that still needs some testing)

While I'm hoping that you like the game and am eager to hear your feedback, I still have to ask you for your support on Kickstarter as well. We want to make a game that is playable by all people and to do so we need a little bit of money to finance the awesome voice-actors whose work we can all enjoy together.

We're at about 50% of our goal of 15000€ with a little less than three weeks to go. Please consider supporting our voice actors:
http://kck.st/2cUGMID

(I already posted this into the developer forum to get feedback on development, but was told to post it here too since it's fully-playable now. I hope that's ok. Please note that I'm new to understanding the user experience problems that arise from this way of playing and if there are problems you can send me a message or comment on this post and I'll try to come up with a solution. I'm eager to make this mode to be as awesome as it can be.)

2016-10-07 13:21:44

hi again. I still can't figure out the right spelling for the second password atleast, everytime when I try to imput it I get the wrong code message. I have some suggestions on improving this that might help: it would be cool if you could add screenreader support for the game but since I have no experience in coding atall I have no idea how could that be done and I think it will be a hard job to do. you can also try to add some form of copying the text to the clipboard atleast so we get the spelling right because sapy doesn't allways spell a word correctly, some letters are hard to understand like b or p, it's hard to tell the difference. an other suggestion is to try to add some form of controlling the speed of the speech so we can atleast make it read very slow and get the spelling right. This is also usefull for those who want to make the voice speak the story at their own pace.
I hope my suggestions are helpfull.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-07 13:38:03

thanks mastodont ..
first of all .. since this game is written in unity there will be no direct screen reader support possible.

i could add a key that lets the voice talk slower i think. i'll try and reupload that soon

i'm also going to add the option to directly use the passwords/usernames that have been collected with the number keys.

one more thing.. are you sure that you're using the correct username/password combination in the correct input?
what are you trying to input? only one of the three usernames is supposed to work on comte in the lab. for the rest of the inputs it's supposed to tell you that the input is wrong.

Spoiler ... it's user  D  L  U  T  Z and password  C H A N G E M E

2016-10-07 13:57:13

thanks for the spoiler. I've tried all combinations but I wasn't getting the password right. the option to use numbers to directly imput passwords and usernames would be highly appreciated in my opinion.

Stephen King

2016-10-07 15:00:38

hi @
kevin.glaap
thank you for making this game playable to blind player
i download your game and don't play yet after sapi voice saying your game it much lack i'm using window 7 32 bit so i don't know what are require ment in this game to play
and about small suggestion if it doesn't available auto updater it would be great if you make new wersion and decide to release
it
i hope you under stand me because my grama it very bad

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2016-10-07 15:07:57

hi
SPOILER:
I am currently trying to deactivate the robot. how can i do that?
SPOILER END

2016-10-07 15:13:52 (edited by kevin.glaap 2016-10-07 15:21:09)

Narf wrote:

hi
SPOILER:
I am currently trying to deactivate the robot. how can i do that?
SPOILER END

SPOILER:
there are two ways..

1. mess around with the roomcontrol

2. try doing something with the number you get from Elevator.Access
SPOILER END

(yeah you need to remember that number for now.. thinking of a way to repeat the last few text-outputs.. maybe with the up and down arrows)

2016-10-07 15:37:27

I've just finished the game and I really like how the story progresses, it has some unexpected turns and twists and the characters are well developed. thanks for this amazing game and I hope the next episodes will be available soon.

Stephen King

2016-10-07 16:25:15

thank you .. that means a lot to me.. episode 1 is scheduled for april if the kickstarter campaign is successful

2016-10-07 18:54:52

Hi.

Great job, i love the atmospheric audio and the use of a computer for commands, actually having sapi as the computer interface rather fits in with things too.

I'll be able to say more when I've played through the hole of the first episode, but I'm definitely liking thus far and will put up some news on front of site so people know about the kickstarter etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-07 19:17:14

Hi. This is a .ra file. Is that supposed to happen?

fantasy world creationist

2016-10-07 19:32:33

Hi all. I must say, this is a great game. There's a suggestion. You should be abble to change sapi voice somehow, i changed my voice on the computer, and i can just use this microsoft Zyra thing, brrr.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2016-10-07 20:15:29 (edited by kevin.glaap 2016-10-07 20:17:26)

first of all.. thanks for the kind words and your support.

@ darkblade 98
it should be a RAR file that you need to unzip / unrar

@ arnold18
alright. i can do that. it's just that I only have a german system where I only have the english and the german voices and I wanted to force it to the english voice. but i'll be looking into it.

2016-10-07 20:45:30

hi. What's the override code for door 016? I keep trying to enter it but sapi is making things painful.

fantasy world creationist

2016-10-07 20:57:34

I have another question. How the hell can i distribute the ship energy? It's just don't clear how many energy need the systems. And i can't figure out that how i can do it in the way that all systems are working

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2016-10-07 22:14:04 (edited by kevin.glaap 2016-10-07 22:14:29)

@ arnold18
SPOILER

the ship energy puzzle is the final puzzle in the episode so it's the most complicated.
first go into lifesupport control and distribute the energy so that there's still enough left for the engine
then go into distribute and take the rest of the energy over to the engine
then access engine control and distribute the energy between the two engine parts
then use engine.ignite.. it will tell you which parts have enough energy and which don't.
you now need to take away on some parts and add to other parts until all ship systems have enough energy when you use engine.ignite

2016-10-07 22:23:31

Sounds like a very nice game, am definitely interested.  Can't seem to get in to the game though.  After launching it, I hear the logo music, what sounds like menu music and nothing else.  When I press a key like enter, the music stops playing and I hear no voices etc.  I alt tab out of the game and when tabbing back in, it crashes.  I am running a windows 7 machine.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2016-10-07 22:27:11

@ BlindJay
sounds like you downloaded the normal version not the visually impaired mode. i divided them for now since the new build is still experimental.

2016-10-07 22:41:45

Hello Kevin
I downloaded the visually impaired version as the file name was code7_visuallyimpaired.rar.  I will download it again and try to play again though.
Thanks

2016-10-07 22:46:03

You can try pressing ALT and V in the main menu then.

2016-10-07 22:59:28

I'm confuse of the map coordinates. how do i put them in?

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2016-10-07 23:00:53

by typing in the name and then hitting return

2016-10-07 23:09:06

yea finished the first episode!!!! really well done, the only problem i had was the usernames and password part but that seams better with this new update. really nice game.

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2016-10-08 00:13:36

any symbols between the letters and numbers?. for if it says l2 i type in l2 and it says l2 not found. i get the same with all the places it shows and i get the same resault.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2016-10-08 01:04:51

Hello,

I see that there is a Macversion of the game. Would it be possible to put the same self voicing features into the version for OS X? If not, I'll still play the game on my Windows virtual machine. With that said, I'll go check it out.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.