2016-09-18 13:07:04

I was reading about CE, deciding if I might like to play.
When I clicked on the links for other resources, two things happened.
First, the links to the Core Exiles community forums have moved. The links on the CE database page still work, they just redirect you to the new forum. I just wanted to let you know in case you would like to update to the current links.
Second, the link to the database that is supposed to tell you where all the shops and services are within the galaxies doesn't exist. It just takes me to a page that says "suggestions, why am I here." So that link seems completely broken.
Thanks for all the effort you all put into making this a friendly forum, and a database of great info.

2016-09-18 23:36:13

Hi Mirage.

The Community forum links will be easy to fix. Sadly the Ce database site went down a while ago and I probably should remove the link since nobody is sure what happened to it and it probably won't be back, though comparatively more recently some useful tools occurred in game such as the promenade finder which made the function the Ce database site used to fulfill it far less necessary than it was previously.

Indeed there is pretty much all! the ce info you need in the game itself, or on the forum, and it has one of the nicest communities ever!
hope you enjoy the game, i had many hours of fun with it, made many things, explored a lot and had a great time, indeed though i haven't played now for a couple of years I do remember the game very fondly and probably ought to see what's going on if I can recall where I was.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-19 05:33:48

They really are nice!
Somebody sent me a welcome message a while ago, and just gave me 1000 credits for no reason!

2016-09-20 11:40:26

Yep,  they're a nice bunch. I'd also recommend getting the chat working if you can, since people are very good in chat about anything from doing deals when you needc something for a mission or a craft, to just chatting and commiserating big_smile.

I've now fixed the forum link and removed the link to the ce database site.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-06 23:22:59

I put this up a few days back but didn't know if you saw it or not.  They have changed the chat system, so an irc client is no longer necessary.
it opens up a browser window which is wonderfully accessible.  They even asked the VI players what they preferred before switching over.  What a lovely group.

2016-10-07 06:35:37

Ah, that is cool, I do remember seeing the topic but I forgot to update the entry. Really i ought to get back to the game and see how my settlement is doing.