2009-07-06 12:55:31

hi guys!

wanted to buy or get a free sapye 5 voice.any good one?
which sapye 5 voice do you guys use?
i can pay 22 U S D at the most for them.
i'm using jaws 10.0..
please,reply.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2009-07-06 13:25:20

Jaws 10 should have RealSpeak Direct available, though unless you got the realspeak voices with Jaws 9 previously as I did they won't work with SAPI. Of course this can vary in non-English speaking countries.

If you're planning to use them with Jaws, think carefully. I tend to find them incredibly unresponsive when compared to Eloquence. On the other hand for odd use in games they work pretty well. Same goes for the voices from Cepstral.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-07-06 14:36:08

i have a program called d speach.It converts text to speech in mp3.so i wanted a good sapi voice to use.as i wanted to convert my falcon banner books.
anything like Eloquence?
thanks..

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-06 19:06:51

Funny Cx2, I had exactly the same experience with real speak daniel and hal, and my thoughts on realspeak vs orphius are exactly the same, ---- great for gamesor random reading, but it just can't keep up with my usual typing or navigation speed.

Unfortunately Grryf, I'm not sure you'll find a decent voice for around 25 dollars, most seem a deal more expensive than that.

Personally, I could use text allowd to convert the falcon banner books myself, but as I always have either my desktop or laptop handy, it wouldn't make too much difference.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-07-07 01:41:17

Since you're talking about conversion then speed isn't a concern for this usage, you can use any voice you feel like that you can get.

www.cepstral.com seems to have voices for around $30 or so, though I know that was just a little above your budget I'm afraid. I'm not sure how much SAPI versions of realspeak are, I haven't found anywhere selling them as a stand alone but then I haven't looked too hard I admit.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-07-07 13:26:10

hi guys!
I was googling for them,and found a sample which I liked. it was a sapi5 voice called kate and other was paul. they were great samples,but the problem is i can't find the download link for them.I tryed to find a site from were i could buy them,but know luck with it again.
if you guys can find that link it would be great.
or if any of you guys have it,can give me the download link..
thanks

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-07 13:30:56

Sounds like neospeech. I don't have the download link, but try googling neospeech and see what you find.

Realspeak voices are about 75 usd I believe, which is a shame.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-07-07 16:39:21

Hi I don't have that much mony.so i'll just download a voice from www.cepstral.com and convert the falcon banner books.

which voice do you guys like the most? from www.cepstral.com?
thanks for the help.

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-07 17:00:23

Hmmm, i didn't know the cepstral voices were free, and actually I'm not sure what they sound like.

Realspeak has always been a favourite despite the less than steller speed issue.

I'll have to go and have a listen to the cepstral ones and see what i think.

2009-07-07 18:44:03

Hi dark,they are not free.but i'll download the demo.

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-07 19:59:04

$75, youch. No the cepstral voices aren't free, but they are only 4$30. I suggest you at least listen to a few and make your own mind up, voices are a very individual thing I find. Also myself and Dark both being British we're likely skewed towards the UK english voices.

Seconded about Kate and Paul sounding like Neospeech.

Edit:
Try neospeech.com Hope the voices work better with SAPI now, the version I got with Kurzweil years ago was all crackly for some reason when anything other than Kurzweil used it through SAPI. Never could work out why.

Edit 2:
They don't seem interested in selling SAPI versions of their voices to individuals it seems, sadly. They've also changed Kate for the worse from when I last heard it, though they added another voice. All pretty academic without a stand alone SAPI version though. Sorry. They do offer a text to speech conversion service, but this seems to be based on paying per word converted.

cx2
-----

2009-07-07 23:42:12

Yep, real speech prices are rather extreme, but they are good quality voices.

Personally I wasn't a fan of the cepstral samples I tried, ---- but as Cx2 said, it's an individualistic matter, I was a big fan of the realspeak voices right from when I first heard them at site village. I personally am not keen on eloquence, ---- but I've worked with orphius so long that I suppose I've become pretty accustomed.

2009-07-08 01:07:36

Equally I've got so used to Eloquence that I'm used to it and am not a fan of Orpheus, laugh. As to Realspeak, I use Emilie on my phone but for some reason the PC version of the voice doesn't seem to flow nearly as well. Cepstral Millie isn't too bad I find, [particularly just for occasional use.

Apologies for the off topic, but Dark you might want to check the mod suggestion board. There is a topic in there about interactive fiction you should probably deal with, since I know little about the subject.

cx2
-----

2009-07-08 03:56:19

I wasn't a fan of cepstral, but I've probably been spoilt with respect to voices from having realspeak daniel do all my sapi and orphius alan do all of my Hal.

Weerdly enough, Dolphin have stopped supplying alan with new versions of Hal and now only provide Orphius more synthetic voices plus realspeak, which is distinctly odd.

Luckily Orphius more human voices are stil available as free downloads from dolphin.

2009-07-08 06:09:17

thanks guys!
i have know prob with Eloquence,but i can't convert my text file to mp3 with it.and yes i'm not a fan of microsoft sam either.so any voice good then sam will be great.
i got a good sapi5 demo from cepstral.
but d speech doesn't want to work now.any good text to mp3 converter?
I wonder when i'm going to stop!
thanks

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-08 11:20:51

I wouldn't suggest convering a whole book with cepstral because of the demo nag messages. like a few seconds or so it'll say something like,
"please register me!" or "this voice is not licensed. please visit www.cepstral.com to purchase a license"
the neospeech voices can be bought at
nextup
along with realspeak and AT and t voices.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2009-07-08 12:30:45

The realspeak voices on nextup aren't SAPI, they only work directly with their text aloud product. I also found no mention of Neospeech on their site.

They do seem to have old L&H voices up for free, which might be worth a try, but I don't know that they'll be much good. Almost anything is better than Sam though.

cx2
-----

2009-07-08 14:06:07

> i have know prob with Eloquence,but i can't convert my text file to mp3 with it.

It's normal. If you want to have elocance speech, you can try IBM ViaVoice TTS, which is a SAPI4 voice. Since DSpeech accepts both SAPI4 and 5, it should work.
It's not exactly elocance, there are some minor difference, but it sounds like it.
The old versions was free, I don't know if it is always free now.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2009-07-08 14:44:16

hi guys!
Aminiel,can you please post the u r l of the website?,or tell me what to scearch for.
pitermach,you are write!,it was realy bad as i downloaded the 100mb file.and what I got was,buy me,buy me. as If i'm going to  do that!
thanks

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-09 00:59:19

I have a old version of IBM Viavoice that is free because onli include's the SAPI voices and onli in Castilian Spanish. But really, the sound is very similar to the Castilian Spanish voices of Eloquence. I don't have idea about links to download this voices in other languages, but the all supported languages are: German, Simplified Chinese, Danish, Castilian Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Finish, French Canadian, standar French, American English, British English, Italian, Japanese, Noruegian, Brazilian Portuguese and Suedish.
My old version is the version 6.4.

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-07-09 11:53:48

hi guys!

please can you upload it?
thanks

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-09 21:21:32

But the program on this free version includes onli TTS wit Castilian Spanish language. But...
What server is the best for upload files (Megaupl,oad, Rapidshare, Mediafire, etc)?
Thanks

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-07-10 13:23:17

hi dude.
the best for uploading files ,I think is sendspace.

is there a english virsion of it?
thanks

Follow me on twitter

2009-07-10 21:11:26

Respect to the Sendspace page, this page is in English.
The IBM voices have a English version, but I haven this version. I onli have the Castilian Spanish voices.