2016-09-30 03:19:25

Everyone please take heed. The internet is going to be released to icann. Being controlled by the united nations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdtmVAUko5Q

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2016-09-30 05:29:23

Seriously, and with all the respect of this world, do you believe in such youtubish spammy crap? show me an official trustable news source, then I'll believe

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-09-30 05:48:18 (edited by magurp244 2016-09-30 05:50:34)

It's true that ICANN is getting control of some root DNS addresses, dispite a lot of republican fearmongering about losing "the internetz" for whatever reason. Read an article about it on arstechnica: [link].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-09-30 15:53:14

I watched that YouTube video and can say that I never heard of that news source. So, I really cannot tell you  that it is a reliable source. I read that arstechnica article and it does make it sound like nothing major would happen. Let us set down and ask a few questions. Why the change? What is broken?  That arstechnica article indicate that it is just to remove an obstacle. What will break? What could go wrong? That YouTube video, if it can be believed, we really do not want the UN to get a hold of it. It brings up the question of  how much say will other countries have in this? Do we really want countries that are known for blocking sites to have a hand in the say so of how the ICan work? According to that arstechnica article the US still controls a large part of the net even after the changeover do to in part of agreements and a lot of providers and domain holders are in the US. I personally worry a bit about it myself. Now that the US is giving up control on the first of October, what will happen? Will they abuse their position? I don’t know. Part if not most of my worries could be dealt with if I knew how they would handle a big major tug of war between nations. I would like to know how they handle assigning domains myself. Anyway, I am not too sure how big of a problem this will be in the end. I also doubt we will feel the results of this on the very first day. It most likely will take a while before we see the results of the change over, and the question I have is rather or not we will like what we will see when that happens. By then, I doubt it would be easy to fix if it proves to be a major problem. This has been talked about in some corners for a little while. So, the date of the changeover does not come as a surprise to me. I do wonder if some of the info that Edward Snowden let loose caused any countries to really push this along. If so, ICan being turned over will, most likely, not change some of the spying that nations may or may not be doing over the net.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-09-30 16:29:53

I understand the concern here, but I go to this website to escape the harshness that is reality, so please get off the forum.

2016-09-30 18:26:15

LOL! I'll believe this load of crap when it happens! I'm safe saying that because it never will, this is just another ridiculous conspiracy theory with not one shred of truth to support it. And even if it were true, those top level domains the UN is supposed to take over would see a mass exodus away from them. So, nothing to worry about.

2016-09-30 20:53:13

Its true although its nothing to be worried about.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ … names-iana

http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/19/americ … -internet/

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-09-30 22:00:57

We shall see how this works over the next few years. In the short turm, it will not stop any hacking spying, web serfing, and ETC that is going on. In the long turm, I do not know. Grant it, I have the point of view that if it is not broken, why fix it. I do see what consurns other countries may have.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-10-02 00:34:05

Sigh. This again?

1: The US government has never had any actual control over ICANN in any way, shape or form.
2: The connection to the commerce department that is being talked about relinquishing is entirely and completely symbolic.
3: The only authority the US is even technically, symbolicly giving up is the IANA, or Internet Assigned Numbers Authority. Which, basicly, are the guys responsible for whether or not your internet provider gets a new range of IP addresses. It has absolutely nothing to do with domain names, or anything like that, much to the dismay of folks in the US government who'd I suspect very much love direct access to the off switch for, say, the Pirate Bay and its 5000000000000000 domains.
4: As said, the entire function of ICANN/IANA was independent, and has only symbolicly been tied to the US government since it was created in  1998. It's that symbolic connection to the department of commerce that's now been severed.
5: It was this symbolic connection that people like China and Russia were trying to make out to be more than it is. The theory was, if this connection wasn't severed, China and Russia in particular would push for control of the internet to be handed over to the UN. As it stands now, the UN isn't actually taking control, much to China and Russia's sadness.

In short, ICANN is now entirely independent - or at least, as independent as it was 24 hours ago. This change makes a grand total of 0 difference whatsoever, except taking some ammunition away from countries who'd love nothing better than to tell Google it can't serve a website to someone in the US because it violates a law in Russia. The UN did not have any real control over the internet 24 hours ago. The UN does not have any real control over the internet today. And if folks like Ted Cruz had their way, the UN having control over the internet would still be a concern.

Reference

2016-10-02 01:30:14

That is what I mean, it would allow other countrys to sencer anything on the Internet.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2016-10-02 02:10:57

... No, that is not what you mean. You said control was being handed to the UN. It's not. Facts. They're pretty.

2016-10-15 06:53:25

LOL, Kids these days. Thread starter should take this shit down.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.