2015-03-27 05:03:17 (edited by ns-studios 2015-03-27 05:09:10)

WARNING

!(BEFORE I BEGIN ABOUT THE BIT TORRENT ACCESSIBILITY PATCH, I ASK PEOPLE NOT TO BATTLE BETWEEN ONE ANOTHER OR TO POST ABOUT STUFF NOT RELATED TO THE BIT TORRENT ACCESSIBILITY/THE BIT TORRENT SYNC CLICKER IN THIS TOPIC. THIS IS A FREE TESTED WORKING WAY TO MAKE BT SYNC  ACCESSIBLE AND YOU'RE LUCKY TO GET IT. DISRESPECTING ME IN ANY WAY WILL RESULT IN TOPIC DISAPPEARING FOREVER AS WELL AS THE DOWNLOAD LINK!)!

about the BTSync clicker

Hi all.

For those that have tried bt sync 2.0, they know that it has quite a bit of accessibility issues.

I have made an app, that trys to patch some of those.

1. bt sync is full in web layout, but screen readers do not enter the web layout mode , so you need to click anywhere on the bt sync window in order to
let the screen reader enter the web mode.

2. even if you do enter the web mode, chances you're not gonna be able to access half of stuff because of the way they've written the page.

Here's the fix:
a pre-release of my app, bt sync clicker, clicks the bt sync window on demand, and patches the web interface so after it clicks the window for you and
lets your screen reader enter the web mode, and also, asks you whether you want to apply the accessibility patch, so you can actually use it without major issues.

get it here, and it will tell you what you need to do once you launch it.
This is the exclusive pre-release, since this is one of the members of the smart assistants that are scheduled to be released soon.

download

problems and notes

• before applying the patch, make sure bt sync is not open

• try running the program as administrator (pressing “applications” key or right clicking the file and selecting “run as admin” option (though you shouldn't have to)

• if you try clicking but it clicks at something else instead, try to remember if you've adjusted the size/hight/width of the window or moved it in the past, and return it back to “factory”

• if the program is detected as a potencial virus, it's the false positive, the program has been scanned with the Eset endpoint antivirus with the up-to-date virus databass and thus is safe

• the program uses keys windows+alt+shift+c, q, and w. Make sure you have no application running that uses those (e.g. compmonitor by soundworx)

• the bit torrent sync clicker has been tested on windows 7, 8/8.1 and 10, but it should work on other versions of the windows OS as well

Kind regards,
Nikola Stojsic (NS studios)

2015-03-27 14:45:52

wow! will try this software anyway!

2015-03-28 04:41:43

Hi,
NS-Studios (I'm going to try to ask this nicely), can you please upgrade to the latest version of BTSync? BTSync 2.0 is wayyyyyyyyyy out of date. You need to update for all the latest and greatest. Also, the NVDA add-on fixes most, if not all, of those issues you mentioned.
This is why you update apps when there is an update available. There might be something in the update you missed.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-04-24 04:19:40

So, how on earth do you access folder settings and stuff? Like, I made a folder trying to add a secret, but discovered that wasn't the way you were supposed to do it.

2015-04-24 23:02:52

where can I find soundworx compmonitor? I looked all over the site but it isn't there.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2015-05-09 18:38:10

Hello. Is there a new version of this addon or is there a place where we can keep track of updates? Thank you very much.

2015-05-13 09:48:16

Hi all.
Well ns studios you really made this thing work.
Though it was due to incompatability with the latest windows updates with bt sync 1.3 crashing through syncing I am pleased I did.
The stats alone are worth it.
One thing I was given a 30 day trial of pro.
I will not be subscribing for a yearly subscription.
bar all the extra device and cloud syncing, what else will I loose.
Will I still be able to create unlimited classic folders not the new ones obviously and what are the limits?
If it comes down to it will my classic folders I have still work.
Are there limits on classic folders.
If I do choose to subscribe later is it easy to do?
And most importantly if I do go for the upgrade later on do I get cloud based backup and stuff with bt for 40 bucks a year.
I am not saying I will subscribe, but later on depending on what it is I may do it.

2015-08-24 21:14:09

Hi there,
Where can I get the NVDA addon for bt sync?  Does the latest version work or is it the same as this?

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2015-08-25 01:42:13

Currently, the nvda bt sync addon doesn't work with bt sync latest version.

2015-08-25 02:21:20 (edited by blindndangerous 2015-08-25 02:22:16)

If you want the addon, and a tutorial for how to set up btsync, go here. http://www.devils-edge.net  This is for 1.3.109 because not even the sighted like the later versions of it.

2015-08-25 02:35:18 (edited by timberwolf1991 2015-08-25 02:37:02)

Looking forward to trying this.  Does it work on any screen reader?  Does it work with the latest sync (I think 2.4)?  My 1.3.109 is giving me nothing but problems on multiple machines and I'm not the only one.  Having to constantly restart it to get rid of .sync files and get them moving, and uninstalling completely didn't fix it either.
thanks

2015-08-25 04:08:44 (edited by Socheat 2015-08-25 04:11:18)

As I stated in post 9, nvda addon for bt sync doesn't work in 2.0 and later version of the bt sync.

2015-08-25 04:11:33

Ok, I should probably clerify my own message, then.  I can read big_smile
Having read your post, does clicker work with sync versions later than 2.0?  As someone said 2.0 was an older version now, so have things changed and should I bother upgrading?

2015-08-26 09:33:32

Well, regarding the clicker, I'm not quite sure. because last time when I used it, this thing works quite well. of course there is some accessibility issue still, but it is better then nothing I suppose.
HTH

2015-08-26 22:51:11

I got a 403 forbidden when I tried to download this.
Ideas?

2015-08-27 02:16:10

uh, I have no idea. because I had lost my copy.

2015-09-01 09:52:02 (edited by burak 2015-09-01 09:53:02)

So just when I needed, I decided to download it since I accidentaly upgraded. But I clicked the link to see a 403 error. Now please fix it as ergently as possible. You need to keep those sorts of things up if you're going to release it as a fix. You did this on aliens attack game, you abandoned it, that's alright. That was only a game. But this? This is an important fix, but you're not allowing us to have it right now. Those are  my thoughts.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-09-04 14:51:47

A thing,

BTSync's interface in the latest version is accessible now (No unlabled buttons, etc.). You still need to manually focus the html field, but once you do it's accessible enough.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2016-09-26 02:14:55

How do you manually focus the html area?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me