2016-09-19 11:01:49

Hi guys.
I am not able to send tweets and retweet over TheQube. So I use TW-blue. Is it possible to fix TheQube with an update, so it is possible to send something again over TheQube?

2016-09-20 21:44:58

I don't think so. This has been a known issue for quite some time, and as far as I know, an update hasn't been released for the Qube in over a year.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-09-21 06:50:06

Thanks for your information.

2016-09-21 22:55:58

Yep, The Qube was a nice alternative to Qwitter, however in a meantime TWBlue has been released as a free replica to Chicken Nugget, giving more features and improvements over time. So after TWBlue, The Qube devs probably realised that developing Qube further is not worth wasting their time. Remember that The Qube wasn't the only fork of Qwitter, there was Twitmonger as well, which is also no longer developed. Since I was the one who contributed code for a couple of features to Qwitter such as translating tweets and better autostart implementation back in 2012 when it was developed by Christopher Toth, I was thinking of taking over the project as well, but I haven't done this because of other priorities, and because I knew that working on such a large project will be far from easy for my coding experience that I had at that time. Now I'm using Chicken Nugget, but if you need free alternative then you should definitely give a shot to TWBlue. In my opinion, Manuel did a very good job with TWBlue and he even started porting it to Linux as well.

2016-09-23 04:06:24

Hi,

Just a bit of info. The developer that took over TheQube back in 2015, Menelion Elensúlë, is running into problems while trying to install the propper dependencies to run TheQube from source, so that is why the new version is taking a while.

Devs, it's only a matter of replacing the API key and token in TheQube to make it work once more.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me