2010-05-26 15:35:46

İ am not geting a unlock code. get the q9 for unlock code?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-05-26 16:34:42

Your code should've been on the page just after you paid, or should've been E-mailed to you.

Just look for an E-mail from blastbay studios, and look for some text containing random letters and numbers such as s48x1 written under your name.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-05-27 08:43:05

there is this e-mail?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-05-27 10:08:49

it should be an E-mail from blastbay studios sent to the E-mail address you wrote in when paying for the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-22 21:16:35

Hey I have two problems, I had purchased blind gladiator I was wondering if I will receive a cd or am'i suppose to download the game? I don't know i'm really comfused lol and two I want to register Q9 action how would I go about doing that or should I say purchasing the game cause I have the demo but you can only play that so for so long lol please email me at [email protected]

2016-09-22 22:09:42

Hi.
Well, you go to the blastbay studios site and pay for the game, I don't know how expensive this one is though.
At Burak, maybe the E-Mail is in your spam folder, did you already check there?
At kimberly, blind gladioator is not in any way related to Q9, so please open up a new topic for that.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-09-22 23:42:00

Not to mention, for now you have to buy q9 through Leasy, not stand--alone.

2016-09-23 00:06:29

@Kimberly hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid this is a very old topic and what's going on with Q9 has changed quite a bit since this was originally posted.

Last year, Blastbay games sold the rights to distribute q9 to the developers of Leasy, which is a set of jfw scripts. Thus, the only way now to register Q9 is to buy leasy, which costs $150, and also requires a fully licensed copy of Jaws.
The Leasy developer has been asked on many occasions if he will please sell Q9 as a stand alone game, and has flatly refused, indeed he has even made disparaging remarks about Gamers too and is over all nott a nice person. Many people are very sorry philip sold rights to someone who apparently cares so little for the game.

So, I'm afraid that no, there isn't a way to register Q9 at all which is sad.

On the plus side however there are many good audio side scrollers around,

To begin, try Crazy party, db page here an exceptional game with literally hundreds of minigames to play, including many side scrolling ones, plus it's free.

Also, if you use the "search games" link on the front page of the site you can list the games by genre. One genre we have is side scrollers which will list all available currently in the database. I'd personally especially recommend adventure at C:, Angel gift and good old superliam, also Vgstorm who make adventure at C: have a newer side scroller the Gate which I've not tried yet but which has very good reports.

so while bad news about Q9, there is plenty more out there.

hth.

As to blind gladiator, try over on The audiogame It site for more info, I believe blind gladiator is still in the early funding stage where it's necessary to buy different funding types for the game, but don't quote me. Myself i'm waiting for the Ios version of the game..

@simba, as I said, Q9 isn't available anymore, this is also btw an old thread, look at the original post date. I don't know why kimberly is asking here, maybe she googled registration of Q9 and found it.

2016-09-23 09:30:41

Hi.
Oh yes, super liam is quite the funny little game, it's also freeware since some months which is also a nice thing even though I would have gladly paied for that one cause it was something new at that time.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-09-23 10:46:23

I bought it back in 2006 when I first discovered audiogamesand have run through it three or four times since then.
Certainly not one I regret buying and one I'd recommend to anyone just as a fun side scrolling outing and even now a fairly well designed if simple game. no overwhelming the player with random stuff chucked everywhere which is hard to place and identify, everything is smooth and meant as a challenge, and yes, lethal lab 2 is! a challenge, try doing it without spamming the extra lives from silver spaceship and you'll see what I mean.

I'm glad it's now freeware and hasn't vanished into the dustbin of history or worse been made practically unobtainable like Q9.

2016-09-23 10:57:22 (edited by Jason SW 2016-09-23 10:58:15)

I think it would be really cool if the developers of these old games would make them open source, so that they could be ported to newer platforms and modernized, maybe even improved upon by the community, so that these games are not eventually lost to history. It'd be a project I might be interested in working on.
Eventually, Microsoft could do something to completely break these games in a new version of Windows, and that'd be a shame.
I don't really hold much hope of this happening, but it would be cool.

2016-09-23 15:06:02 (edited by Figment 2016-09-23 17:21:05)

According to Brian Hartgen, he was dismayed at the things being said about him and Phil concerning his acquisition of the game, so when he was approached about making the game separately available with the same disparaging attitude towards him, he wasn't inclined to give their request any consideration. Who can blame him?

And according to Phil, Q9 wasn't selling any more, so selling it to Brian was a chance to make some more money on a game he viewed as dead.

Seems to me like the only one the people who wanted Q9 to continue to be available separately have to blame is themselves. But they won't do that, so they demonize two business men making a business deal that benefited both of them.

Isn't it interesting that how they treated Brian and Phil was conveniently forgotten?

From Brian Hartgen regarding Q9.
http://www.hartgen.org/q9

Original forum thread regarding Hartgen's acquisition of Q9
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=16592

2016-09-23 16:34:21

hmm, now here we go again figmant. Why wanting to start another hot discussion about the community saying this and that,  and passed events?
Now here's a question I have. I baught Q9 in 2014, back when I was working as a computer trainer. Are still gonna be able to use  our license keys? I still have it installed, no probs, but there might be times when you need to format your hard drive or something, and of course you're gonna loose everything. I know I should have asked this before, but as a good latinno I left this question for other opportunity, for the last moment haha

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-09-23 23:45:25

As long as you have your license key stored somewhere other than on your hard drive being reformatted, you can still use it to register the stand-alone version of the game. In other words, as far as I know, it doesn't use any type of Internet software activation system. If you lose all copies of your license key, then I don't know how you would get a replacement from Blastbay. So please, please, please, make backups of your Q9 license key, and for that matter, any other license keys and any other potentially irreplaceable data on your hard drive!

2016-09-24 02:46:26 (edited by Figment 2016-09-24 02:49:59)

@Andy93

I would not have brought up what happened so many months ago, except that what really happened was being misrepresented. So I set the record straight.

That's what backups are for, and that is your responsibility, not Blast Bay's. If you lose your key because you didn't have adequate backups, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

I have a local copy of every email I've ever received that has a software registration key in it going all the way back to 1998 when I bought my first piece of shareware. I have an offline backup made by simple copying on an external USB hard drive, which gets updated at the beginning of each month. I also backup my system every Saturday morning using Backup & Restore to two external USB hard drive, one for odd numbered months, the other for even numbered months. That way the most I can ever lose is one month. To lose more would require that all three external drives fail at the same time, and that isn't very likely.