2016-09-22 00:34:45

Hillary Clinton said that half of Donald Trump's supporters are deplorable and that they are racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. She had no right to say that. She judged and labeled people who she knows nothing about. She went too far. She should be ashamed of herself for saying such awful things about millions of people. I would not stoop so low as to judge and label people who I don't even know. I'm a Trump supporter but I won't label Hillary's supporters.

I won't label Hillary's supporters because I know nothing about them and I don't have the right to judge them. I know nothing about Hillary's supporters but I do know about Hillary. She is prejudice. I wish that labeling and judging those people was the only incident of her bigotry but there have been others. I have a message for Hillary: "Before you judge any other people, you should take a good look at yourself but you'll probably puke when you do".

2016-09-22 01:16:52

Heh, now it's political spam. Reporting.

2016-09-22 02:31:35

This is an irrelevant or inappropriate post sent to a large number of recipients on the internet.
The post is biased and should not be on here.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2016-09-22 09:27:29

this is the kind of post that is likely to start any number of flamewars.  If you are not a spammer, I suggest you take this to a forum that concerns itself a little more with American politics.  We are a diverse set of individuals from all over the world, and many of us don't care what Clinton and Trump get up to these days, as neither one of them truly seems to care about us.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-09-22 10:06:10

Now normly I would love to chat about this, but I have to do say take it down. This forum is not US based and its people from all over the world.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2016-09-22 11:35:13

@Ggf, there is actually nothing in the forum rules against people posting "biased" posts or their opinions as long as said opinions aren't put in an offensive way, indeed we often have opinions and biases on this forum of one sort or another.
As I personally find us politics a bit of a circus, I can't really say whether this is offensive or not (frankly the mudslinging from everyone in the Us is a bit bewildering, my lady says she's glad to be out of it).  Still if people want to discuss us politics there's no problem, actually we've had a few theoretical discussions on here before i think, just as long as things stay amicable.
so, mmmmm, likely to cause a flamewar? I'm not exactly sure since for a start a good proportion of forum members probably are as confused by the hole violent opposition in us politics as I am, and for another thing i don't think we have too many member's who's pro republicon or pro democrat or pro whatever else tendencies are likely to make them gett extreporous, however debates in the Us actually go (I did find political opinions over there rather scary I'll admit).

While I've heard it is spam i can't exactly confirm since there aren't any spam links etc.
So bottom line, as usual I'll only delete this topic if it turns into a major flamewar, which doesnn't honestly seem likely.
Heck, there is a slim chance the poster is actually a human being, though if this same post has been seen in a lot of other places probably not.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-22 15:08:23 (edited by Figment 2016-09-22 15:14:27)

hhurstseth405 wrote:

take it down. This forum is not US based

That's a very close minded, discriminatory, and biggotted attitude. If we were to follow your request, we'd have to delete every topic that doesn't have anything to do with the UK. And if we did that, most of the people here that don't live in the UK would leave for a more inclusive and tolerant community.

Shame on you!

------

Personally, I don't care what Trump's supporters say about Hillary, or what Hillary's supporters say about Trump. I don't like either one of them and plan to vote against both of them.

And for the rest of US politics, all I can say is that we really need to abolish political parties. At one time they may have served a purpose, but now all they do is keep our government in a constant state of civil war!

Enough already!

2016-09-22 18:14:10

Mmm, Figment what has hhurstseth405's comment in post 5 got to do with being bigotted or narrow minded or whatever?

he just meant that as we're not tied to the Us we shouldn't have posts about us related political issues on the forum, ---- an attitude which isn't actually correct but which certainly isn't bigotted or narrow minded or whatever and doesn't warrent that sort of attack.

As I've said before, please relax!

Fyi, while I am from the Uk the main webmasters of the site, Richard and Sander are from the Netherlands (which is where the server that actually hosts the site and forum is), four of our moderators are from the Us, one is Tirkish (though living in London), and one of our ex mods was from the czech republic.

so this forum is not specifically based in the Uk anymore than it's based in the us or anywhere else, particularly since we do have members from countries including France, Germany, Denmark, Poland, Argentina, Brazil, Albania, Egypt, Iran, Teiland, Turkey, Japan, as well as obviously The Uk, Us, and The Netherlands, and probably a hole bunch of others I'm forgetting.

So talking about this forum having a national bias, or indeed an anti national bias is sort of a bit off.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-22 20:49:45

Hillary is right, and the polls confirm that a large number of Trump supporters hold racist, bigotted opinions.

Trump's "basket of deplorables": Hillary Clinton was right (slate.com)

"When pollsters and researchers want to measure racial bias, they don’t ask if respondents are “racist”; the stigma of being a racist is strong enough that
most people won’t answer honestly, to say nothing of the fact that racial prejudice exists on a continuum. A binary answer doesn’t capture the complexity
of bias and bigotry. Instead, they ask proxy questions that try to capture attitudes associated with racism. One such question—asked in multiple surveys
by Public Policy Polling, a Democratic polling firm—is whether respondents believe President Obama was born in the United States and whether they believe
he’s a Muslim. These questions begin to scratch the surface of racial bias. And what are the results?
In one survey,
two-thirds of Republicans with a favorable opinion of Donald Trump said that Obama is a Muslim, and 59 percent said he wasn’t born in the United States.

There’s other data too. In June, Reuters
measured
the racial attitudes of Clinton, Trump, Ted Cruz, and John Kasich supporters. A significant number of supporters for each candidate voiced negative attitudes
about black Americans. But Trump backers stood out in their animus. Nearly 50 percent said blacks were “more violent” than whites; almost as many said
that blacks were “more criminal than whites.” More than 40 percent said that blacks were “more rude” than whites, and more than 30 percent said that blacks
were “lazier” than whites.

Perhaps the best data on questions of race and Trump comes from political scientist Jason McDaniel of San Francisco State University and Sean McElwee,
a research associate at Demos, a left-leaning think tank. Using the 2016 pilot of the American National Election Study, conducted in January, they
drill down
on racial attitudes among Trump supporters. Given what we already know, their results shouldn’t come as a shock. More than 40 percent of all Republicans
and more than 60 percent of Trump supporters say that Barack Obama is a Muslim. Compared with those who backed other candidates in the GOP primary, Trump
supporters have cooler feelings toward blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, and LGBTQ Americans, and warmer feelings toward whites.
By sizable margins,
according to McElwee’s analysis of ANES, Trump supporters are more likely than non-Trump supporters to believe that blacks, Hispanics, and Muslims are
lazier and more violent than whites. More than 60 percent of Trump supporters believe black people are more violent than whites; nearly 50 percent of non-Trump
Republicans say this. More than 70 percent of Trump supporters believe Muslim people are more violent than whites; roughly 60 percent of non-Trump Republicans
say this. These are deplorable views, and they represent the consensus opinion not just of Trump supporters but of all Republicans in the survey. If the
study is at all reflective of the population at large on this score, we’re going to need a bigger basket."

Donald Trump is no friend of the disability rights movement.

He mocked a disabled reporter and he has been sued several times for violation of the ADA.

And his list of gross offensive statements including calling Mexicans rapists and calling for banning Muslims from the United States and defending torture and war crimes  is pure evil.

Anyone voting for Trump can't claim ignorance.

On the contrary, Hillary has a solid record as a defender of disability rights.

All this is a matter of public record.

2016-09-22 21:17:20

If you want to know how much a president Trump would do for disabled, I suggest you Google for Trump ada violations.

Trump touts himself as a successfull businessman, well, look at how his businesses have treated disabled.

I really can't understand how and why choosing Trump or Clinton should even be a close call for disabled.

Hillary Clinton is a liberal who defends racial equality, criminal justice reform, environmental protection, women's rights, gay rights and even disability rights, whereas Trump's   stiffing of contractors, multiple bankrupcies and his Trump "University" scam speak for themselves.

A lot of otherwise intelligent and thoughtful people wrongly think that Trump is a closet liberal democrat, who is only pretending to be a conservative.

But that's wrong.

Trump has vowed to appoint Supreme Court justices who will overrule the right to gay marriage, and his Vice President Mike Pence is deadly set against the right to abortion.

Source:
"Donald Trump: 'Trust Me' To Overturn The 'Shocking' Gay Marriage Decision"

Another of his supporters in law enforcement notorious birther Sheriff Joe Arpaio who spoke at the GOP Convention is running a brutal prison camp.

"It costs more to feed our police dogs than our inmates. The dogs never committed a crime, and they're working
for a living,"

I may be wrong, But I don't expect that Trump once in power will be better for disabled than for Latinos, Muslims  or homosexuals.

Simple logic dictates that a politician  building his movement on claims that Mexicans are rapists or crazy conspiracy theories against Muslims won't bring anything good to people with disabilities.

2016-09-22 21:26:42 (edited by sid512 2016-09-22 21:33:45)

hello
talk about pro-trump, pro-Hillary political spammers coming on and fighting with each other!
wow, what an interesting scenario. big_smile

well, on a far serious note, it is less likely that both of the above posters are real people. the first one has only a single post and that seems to be spam judging by the way it is written. one can't be totally sure whether the poster is spam or not. as to the second post, it again seems no different than the first one, whether the poster is a spammer or not is again a question of a response, as the post had a specific mention about disability rights more than a few times in the end.

while it might not be strange for a topic like disability rights to be discussed among mainstream people, the prospect of a real person writing something about disability rights isn't too peculiar for this forum imo, since being VI comes under a disability itself. tongue

i hope that the real intention of the above spammers is proved soon enough, either by a response or the opposite. smile

otherwise if they are spam, and one after the other just to oppose each other, goodness knows what else is to come. another possibility is both are human spammers, but good enough to create accounts and paste their stuff on here, without caring what this forum is about etc. for example one could as well go register on tens of such forum and copy paste their article-like views and replies and whatnot else. no surprise there is a counter from another spammer. lol

i hope this topic continues to exist and some people end up having proper discussion without targeting each other and causing a flaming session etc.
regards.
edit: looking at the follow up post, i don't think the person is a full fledged spammer, but still strange to see that the only 2 posts of that user belongs to this thread and in contrast to the very first post of this thread itself.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2016-09-22 22:18:10

@Dark

Simple. He said this thread should be deleted. Why? Because this site is not US based. That sounds very prejudiced against all the members of this forum that live in the US.

2016-09-22 23:20:56

Actually this topic is now rather amusing me. Just for people whether they be human or not posting long political wrants on the subject, I'm now interested to know if the first poster will respond or if someone else will register just to make political comments, it's sort of like watching a spectator sport :d.

Sorry if anyone in the states does! have opinions on this debate, I'm just rather amused by people, whether automated or not coming on this board just to post such diametrically opposed and passionately worded responses to each other.
Do we get another pro trump one next?

I'd say the score so far is one nill to clinton united, for some interesting tactics playing to the local crowd, aka writing about disability, we'll see if Trump city want to respond to that as the game continues :d.

As I said, muchos appologies to anyone who is actually interested in the debate or indeed if either of the first two posters are posting with a legitimate concern, I'm just quite amused.

@Figment, have you ever perhaps considered the fact that everybody is not! out to get you?

2016-09-22 23:29:04

hi,
though I had no intention of replying further at first place, but I've seen a few instances on the forum where it has been brought to our attention that on the internet there are only written words based on which many people tend to draw certain conclusions of their own and consider a statement somewhat different from its original intended meaning. in other words, a person can draw ten different conclusions of their own based on just a single statement, and that may not entirely represent  the views of the moderators, or the community as a whole.

please bare in mind that every person firstly, do not have English as their first language, secondly, belongs to various regions, and thirdly they belong to all kind of groups, and moreover, their style of conveyance can be different owing to their primary language and various other factors. a person can have a different intention, either general or specific, but it can be interpreted in various ways by a person who tends to be judgemental all the time.

for example, it does not do any good if someone starts  jumping the guns after a slight bit of noise, or upon sensing a slight movement which has nothing to do with the present scenario, when at the same time there are other people in place to deal with this kind of situation as well. besides, that very person wouldn't be contributing to the cause by firing repeated shots which are totally uncalled for. this should be enough to make a situation sound worse compared to it was before that action, probably.

what i want to bring forward here is the consequences of this repeated behavior again and again. suppose the person who wrote the above didn't intend it to sound as harsh and narrow as interpreted by someone, would he feel comfortable to comment further on another similar thread later on? in short, this is not encouraging at all and wouldn't help anyone accept proving how biased and paranoid this behavior seems like, from the person who does nothing better but to smack down on those posts which, according to his so called conclusion, are over a certain criteria. if that is the case, I don't think that the moderators here are so ignorant as not to take any sort of action, and if not, then that person gets nothing as he isn't a moderator of course.

in short, if someone is not a moderator, they shouldn't assume a responsibility to act like one, and if they really feel something is going against the rules, better use that report button and let them decide, instead of coming here and being consistent with jumping the guns again, and again, and again on almost every post which is not written according to that very person's taste. I don't think that is the way a forum works, no sir.

p.s. I'll try to be careful next time while posting on a thread which talks about any Indian topic, as this forum is certainly not based in India, no way.
big_smile

(I hoped there would be no flaming session, but alas).

regards.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2016-09-22 23:39:16

yes, dark. let them come. and reply here one by one. let's see which ones come out more, the pro-trump or pro-Clinton. 
it would be equally fascinating to see spammers debate among themselves compared to humans. no surprise one might expect some day a group of spammers registering and posting and hurling opposite views and insults at each other. time to witness a spam flaming threads or a spam fight. but that itself is a thing of the future.
big_smile.

no wonder why hasn't there been spammers who talk about zombies and all things apocalyptic.
or had there been.

2016-09-23 00:33:31

We shall choose one of two evils.  let us base it on spammers!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-09-23 01:00:09

And ... Instead of responding to the old topic as a human might, the OP has created yet another topic. Seems like a spammer to me.

2016-09-23 13:32:24

@sid512, feel free to  start topics about India if you like, they might be interesting for those of us who don't live there to learn something :d.

As to this topic it seems the pro trump bot has started another thread about the evils of hillary clinton's remarks elsewhere.

This could be like a manomon battle, "my spambot has multi thread posting, but yours has specific forum attention"

Which will win! find out very soon!

I'm almost loathed to ban these spammers as I'm finding them sort of cute, assuming they are actually spammers rather than real humans who randomly join message boards just to push the party line.

hay, that should be a new character class on forum wars, the politician! who destroys forums by flamewars about political issues, ---- or tries to big_smile.

2016-09-23 16:14:44

I agree with Dark.. this is starting to look quite amusing and very remonissant of the time I went to watch a Question Period in the House of commons in my country's capital of Ottawa. That was also very immature and entertaining... but quite honestly, I'd rather take the issues we have in Canada over what's going on nextdoor. No insult to all my American friends as many of my best friends are from there... but I'm very glad to be a Canadian!

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-09-23 16:18:05

I've often joked (well, only half-joked, really) that if Trump won the election, I would move to Canada in disgust. Heh.

2016-09-23 16:32:15

I would do it, if Canada would take me.

2016-09-23 20:35:08

Ironically my lady actually says the same thing, that she's got out of the States just in time, albeit she really doesn't care for either side and gets very weary at the hole hype and drama of the thing.

It also doesn't help that my inlaws political spectrum goes if democrats = abortion =  bad satanic and wrong! then Trump = republican =  anti abortion = all that is good and right with the world.

No offense to any trump supporters since I've not really much experience with either side,  ---- but really! having an entire political spectrum based on one issue and a lot of rhetoric?

2016-09-23 22:05:37

Hey! I'm stuck here and have to live with it, and believe me, I can't wait for the election to be over so all this crap can just go away. I was sick of it months ago.

Unless you do it illegally, Canada isn't likely to take you. I have a friend who immigrated to Canada so his wife could be close to her family, and he said their greatest concern seemed to be that they didn't want possible welfare cases immigrating in. It took him about three years to get approved.

2016-09-23 23:07:38

@Figment, why illegally... as someone who works wwith emigrants, especially those studying abroad who become permanent residence, it's actually relatively easy to get in here. lol As to the crap going away, with the way things seem to be going right now, no matter who wins you are going to have crap to deal with.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-09-24 00:04:47

Yeah, sad times.  We can't win.  We either get Clinton who's an idiot and can't be trusted with information, or Trump, who's such a billionaire he doesn't know how the internet works.  Clinton spreads bacterial pneumonia to children without thinking about it, while Trump spreads racist supremacist hatemongering without caring about it.  Clinton wants to make it easier for everyone to come to America which may or may not include terrorists; Trump wants to kick out anyone he doesn't deem American enough.  AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  SOMEBODY!  HELP! ME!