2016-09-22 22:57:20

Hello all. So today, I was checking for updates on the app store and saw that the Batman Telltale game was released. I understand some forum members here play the Telltale games and am wondering if anyone has tried the IOS version because I'd love to try it. Could anyone let me know how accessible it is? Thank you.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2016-09-29 09:03:22

Hi.
On the IOS. the games does not seem to be accessible at all. Voiceover reads nothing at all, so you need to know where to press.
The movement might be a challenge because you need to use a virtual joystick. I hope to get sighted assistance to check this out.
I haven't given the new Badman game a try, but it seems to be simular to the other titles. The most difficult thing in those games is when you need to look around and interact with objects or people by the cursor. You need to do that on the consoles. I don't know how that works on IOS or on the pc though, and I can't find any information regarding this on forums etc. But if you figure out something I would love to hear about it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-09-29 10:25:20

As for tale tale games, I'm wondering if they added accessibility for another one of their games game of thrones.

2016-09-29 16:45:28

for all the telltale games, it's not accessible on the PC or mobile devices such as iOS or android.
if you want to play those games, use the console instead. but I think, this one is much similar to all previous telltale games, so it's a bit hard to play it.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-09-29 23:28:24 (edited by magurp244 2016-09-29 23:30:30)

For PC and console there are timed conversation choices and quick time events some of which require limited free form aiming, using a guide and a bit of practice it may be workable. The open exploration areas can potentially be bad though, a lot of them are circular and enclosed requiring you to find key points and press, say, X to continue or make choices. Most of those could be handled with a bit of trial and error, but crime scenes later on require you to find and connect multiples of two points of interest too, come up with plans of attack which can effect later quick time events, or even pan across the screen for needle in a haystack style clue hunting. There isn't any real time limit on those open sections though so it may be at most tedious.

The IOS version doesn't look a whole lot different, although instead of pressing a button you have to find and press a specific generic button on the screen for quick time events. Moving around in the open sections involves tapping the screen to move around, then tap on specific points to interact with them. There are no audio cues when buttons appear or are pressed either, so listening for specific sounds during quick time events would be your best bet, with trial and error for the rest. As hanif suggested, going with the console version is probably better because you just have to press buttons on a controller instead of hunting for them, and console seems to be much more forgiving with the proximity of your cursor to key points than PC, cutting down a lot on rampant click hunting.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-09-30 08:00:42

Thanks @magurp244 for the information regarding the IOS version.
The Badman game is also released for the Apple tv, but I have no idea on how the controls works.
@Leon Stewart: No, they haven't added any accessibility at all. Game of thrones is playable by luck, because this is hack and slash and hand to hand fighting. I'm still stuck in the game though on the Playstation, and I might just get some sighted assistance at this part.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2016-09-30 18:29:23

I also want to get the telltale games to try it out, but sadly those are not available on my country, to be exact on the consoles.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2016-10-03 08:16:01

Wow, Really? I thought you could buy them on Playstation network. I thought the games were out in all countries.

Best regards SLJ.

2016-10-03 10:23:13

All of the telltale games are not available in indonesian playstation network