2016-09-21 09:37:45

The multiple skills with the same effect is mostly realism, I guess. It would be a bit stupid for a plant type to get something called stun volt and having it sound like electricity, for example. I don't necessarily mind that, although I do agree that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of diversity move wise. But yeah, realistically speaking there's multiple ways to paralyze someone, not just sending a surge of electricity their way.
Unfortunately stalling a battle has never really been my thing, which is I guess why I like the water starter better. Paralysis is nice, but when there's a pretty good chance that the opponent will attack anyway I've always just found it better to finish things quickly. Not sure how to fix that unfortunately, as much as I want to be a fan of status effects I currently just can't. The problem is that making them more powerful will make it almost imperative to use them, I imagine.

2016-09-21 15:27:13

Some of the accuracy stuff is just funny. It's why I take literally hundreds of herbs to the master stadium. The speed thing, I dunno. Everything just seems faster than what's on my team later in the game. It's not like my team is all pandourbit or something, but it's always slower. So for those unnecessarily long epic knock down drag out fights, I'm determined I'm not going to lose simply because I missed or your scourge tail was faster than my meteor rush. You're going to keep using scourge tail and I'm going to keep using medical miracles and you're going to run out of aces in the hole, and then I'm going to win. Even if I'm faster, and I missed what should have been the only shot I needed to knock you out. Yep, keep using that scourge tail. As long as you don't get a critical hit, I'm just gonna sit here and use herbs. Don't mind me. It'll be over soon enough, er, maybe. Whoops, I'm paralyzed, let me take care of that. And again. And again. And again. And again. Die! More fighting, more winning. Whoops, didn't kill belaard with one shot like I had planned, and now I'm asleep. Let's take care of that. Whoops, wake up again. Whoops, rise 'n shine, sleepy head. Whoops, nodded off again. Whoops, I must be tired. Whoops, I just blacked out somehow. Whoops... Whoops... Whoops... Alright, let's finish this! Yeah some of the status stuff is just dumb. Yeah I'm not just gonna sit there using snore as my attack and let you pound away. And I'm not going to sit there dumbly taking damage from scorch or poison in addition to what I'm getting hit with, because duh!

2016-09-21 18:19:35

Thankfully, Bellaard in particular is dead meat to undead attacks. A lot of Matthew's team in particular, as well as Odin's, is weak to undead. Bring an electric, an undead, an earth and maybe a magic type, and you're set for the master stadium. Really wish it had been just a bit better planned. Undead type as the proverbial ace in the hole really shows there.

I confess I've never had quite the same hassle that you have regarding accuracy though...not quite to that extent anyway.

And yeah, I don't mind certain things mimicking effects (stun volt vs. stun spray, for instance), because I hear you when you say a plant might not necessarily shoot electricity. It just highlights where there are some serious gaps.

And when I said I didn't want to do any more trades, I was wrong. I'd like to be able to say I've finished the game 100%, including that last fight, and including 158 manamon seen and captured. To that end, here is what I will need:
1 water starter
1 plant-ground starter
Tylovile (I already had Flammia and Flammerick, but don't mind if I have to level them again)
Sheepit (so that it transforms into Lamgurk, I can catch Sheepit itself on my own)
I don't need them today, or right this instant, but I'd like to give Tylovile an honest-to-goodness try again, and I'd like to eventually do that level 100 fight and give Peggisen another look. If no one can or will help here, it's not the end of the world; yeah it's something I want to do, but only in the interest of research and stuff.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-09-21 18:30:05

yeah, master stadium is hard, no matter if you prepared for it or not, i also wish there would  be a way to capture erodium in god beast form, hey! it's not fair that he hits hard and changes to dragon upon it's death  without the brake in between, and how did Octoross captured him in god beast form, huh, huh?

2016-09-21 18:53:23

I haven't honestly tried an undead in a playthrough yet. I really hate grinding. Belaard is also dead meat against magic and ghost too I think. My magic ninny on last playthrough was enchandithol. Belaard doesn't really have anything too dangerous that's gonna take me out in one round, but every round I spend sleeping is a round it can take hp off that I can definitely use in upcoming fights, so we'll have none of that. Or that, or that, or that, or that, or that either. Maybe he could put in something to where it doesn't keep using the same status move round after round after round after round and it varies it up. Like it could scorch or sleep or whatever a couple of times then go to something else to do damage then back to scorch or confuse or whatever then back to damage. You know, for those fights that just won't end. Also, I'm so happy the tamers don't have access to infinite herbs, because that would really, really fail, especially if you couldn't end it in one hit.

2016-09-21 22:34:24

they kind of do, stadium leaders, i mean. as for me, ice mythicle has been captured with 1, yes  1, gigga net, i had to restart because i only got 16, i got him to 4% health, cast a net, and it didn't brake out of it, hehehehehehe! i have over 91000 gold so far, thanks golden medal, now, each reward jayde said in the  guide is wrong, i get 2 or more times as much! it's not wrong, it's ok because players will not have golden medal for a while. time for huge grind for ice legendary, he's my favorite and will go for sure on my team, grinding out 50 or more k gold, smile. i agree that taimer's shouldn't use sleep  sleep sleep sleep sleep over and over, it's really annoying, ok, off for today, i'm more tired then i thought, need to take a brake, going to play something like redspot or STW. oh, and liam did a new stream of manamon! woooooot! ok, off for today, and i don't think i'm going to post till i grind out my team to 55's or so. most of them are 53/54, most accept the legendary that is. one more thing before i go though, here is how my party looks:
Polosses,
Jimitron,
Pandourbit,
Orystar,
Tylavile.
as you can see, i have team of 5, i'm thinking of getting arctanna for god beast fight, but i'm not sure. team of 4 did pretty awesome job lately. recked the stadiums and most taimers.

2016-09-22 02:31:45

I'm calling serious, serious BS right now.

Sacroloon no longer gets Inner Healing, apparently. Matthew's still has it, but I just trained mine to level 81, still no Inner Healing. I've tested it via the move tutor, no Inner Healing. I picked up a Loonis and tested that via the move tutor. No Inner healing. And I somehow suspect that Wing Slash is likewise unavailable for Sacroloon because it's very unlikely to get a move at level 50-something, then Wing Slash beyond level 81. So Seinarus has a miraculous Wing Slash Sacroloon and Matthew has a miraculous Inner Healing Sacroloon. Would love to know how that works.

Lesser but still important BS, of course, is that Matthew's Dragomier has Draco Breaker at level 65 or 66 or whatever, when we have to wait another 9-10 levels for it. I really think the game should be more realistic this way. I mean, at least with pokemon, when Lance had the illegal level 50 Dragonites and/or Rock Slide on his Aerodactyl, there were literally hundreds of ways to circumvent that, most of them with TMs. With this, Dragomier in particular is much, much better than any Dragomier we might have (super-effective move that will one-shot, guaranteed, and all that), and that's just...wrong. I'm sorry, there's no bones about it. In the Aerodactyl fight I mentioned a minute ago, you could have an Aerodactyl with Ancient Power (60 power rock move) vs. Lance's, which had a 75-power 90-accuracy rock move. It wasn't night and day. Draco Breaker vs. Elemental Breath is pretty freaking night and day.
Seriously. If you want to make fights hard, that's cool. I like hard fights. But please, please don't let legitimate stadium people essentially cheat, because at this point, that's what you're doing.

I'm pretty sure Sacroloon -used to get Inner Healing though, so that's what's really throwing me. Why take it away from us, and then let Matthew continue using it?

2016-09-22 04:01:36

Americranian, in one breath you say my gold is wrong and in the next you say it's not wrong.
To set the record straight: a few of them may be wrong with or without the golden medal, which I've said before. But mos of them should be accurate, barring maybe scaled fights.
Please don't say they're wrong when you're introducing a factor which makes them so. That's your issue, not mine.
That would be like me telling you that it's sixty-eight degrees in London before you're about to visit, then going to Baghdad and saying "Jayde telling me it's sixty-eight degrees is wrong, it's eighty-five in Baghdad, but it's okay because I'm not in London". It's ludicrous.

2016-09-22 05:02:22

I think the idea here is that he was pleasantly surprised to get more gold than he expected due to having the medal. That's just a guess though.

2016-09-22 13:25:10 (edited by pulseman45 2016-09-22 13:29:54)

I just wanted to talk about a detail. I noticed that whenever I finished an opponent with Charge Tackle, I never got a strength boost, even when it was against a tamer who had another manamon remaining. Is it some bad luck, a bug or is it supposed to be like that?

2016-09-22 13:31:18

I'm like 95% sure that it's intentional, or at the very least, the code thinks it is.
Stat boosts are handled when everything else is finished on that particular attack round. The parser is basically grabbing "enemy defeat" as a condition, and this condition automatically stops things that would have been happening on that round.
That, or he's just hard-coded a means of making sure you can't get stat-boosts off of kills. An interesting test would be to use Blind Rush and kill something. It drops stats instead of raising them, and it would be interesting to see if that stat drop still occurs.
I do know there's a bit of an exploit here though. If you're using Draco Blitz, you can kill something and switch, opting out of the attack midway through and neatly avoiding the resultant confusion. I believe (though don't quote me on this) that you can do the same thing with Draco Breaker. Hit with it, kill something, then freely switch to whatever you want, instead of having to wait one turn while the user of Draco Breaker rests it off.

2016-09-22 20:13:00

Hey all,

New to the forum, though I do read messages from time to time. I've gotten into manamon, but a bit stuck at the moment so I wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

Currently, I have four on my team that are in the mid to high 30s. I've decided to swap out a couple others to try some new types and vary it up a bit, but the only ones I have caught are mid 20s at the highest. I think I should be able to grind those guys to low 30s without issue, but I'm not sure what to do after that.

The problem I'm running into is the level difference between wild manamon and the tamers I run across in the same area. I've gotten to the first section of the sewers, and the wild fights there are in the upper 20s, maybe 30 at the highest while the tamers are around 40. Do I just have to grind on the wild ones even if that means only getting 200-400 experience per fight, or is there some other trick? I do have the xp pal, but that only helps so much when the tamers are a tough fight even for my highest which is 38.

2016-09-22 20:38:42

So, last question from me about training points, I think. Since speed seems pretty important, for most mon anyway, would I be doing a disservice by dumping all my training points into speed and maxing it early then training attack the rest of the way or should I keep it balanced from the start?

2016-09-22 20:46:59

Faylen, that's right, your best bet is just to fight feral Manamon until your new team members can fight for themselves. My advice is to find the area they are the most effective in that's the closest level to them. For example, if you're trying to raise an electric type, the Promolders and to a lesser extent the Zintrabats may pose trouble, the former is immune to electric and knows quake, the latter is weak to electric but is fast, and if it outspeeds you, can hurt a lot with Aura Master. In contrast, the Tangeria Tower Front doesn't have any earth types except for the very rare Lonar, which appears in a pack of 3 anyway so you will have someone else out who can deal with it. It also has air types who don't have a move that can decimate you. By training there you might be able to make fewer trips to a hotel, and time spent running back is time spent not getting exp. That's just an example, anyway. I think my team is usually roughly level 40 at that point, so you're otherwise doing well. You just need to level up your newcomers so you have a greater variety of types who level match the tamers.

2016-09-22 21:44:14

hi all,
thought of an idea for training manamon at really high levels. This should be really easy to implement.  Have a training room at koniorey city. Fill the room with like 50-60 trainers. Also make it possible to change the manamon and levels of the trainers. Additionally add the ability to restore all the trainers and manamon for further training.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-09-22 23:32:53 (edited by amerikranian 2016-09-22 23:35:03)

post 2818, i don't understand what your saying, jayde, i was shocked by how much my golden medal multiplied gold by. as for me...
SPOILER
There you are dingo
If I had known how difficult you were going to be to get rid of, I'd definitely have taken you out in the Sqien Path.
I don't know why I didn't kill you regardless, it would have been fun.
How did you do it, eh kid?
What is the secret to your power?
I communicate well with my Manamon companions. I said solemnly.
And what do you think I'll do to your precious Manamon when your dead? Octoross said gleefully.
No answer?
Fine.
Where's mel? I asked.
She's asleep, in the corner. Octoross laughed.
You don't mean she's... I said, but I couldn't bring myself to finish the thought.
No, she really is merely sleeping.
Shall I, awaken her? He asked.
Wakey wakey, sweety. Octoross kooed.
My sister yawned.
Is dingo here yet Octoross? She asked.
Indeed. Octoross purred.
Oh Melony! I said, losing any composure I had tried to maintain.
Big brother. She said, standing up and walking toward me.
Octoross stopped her with a hand gesture when she was 3 feet away from me.
Oh dingo Octoross told me such a horrible story. Melony sobbed.
He told me that he didn't kill daddy.
He, he, he said, he told me you killed daddy!
My face fell.
It isn't true, is it big brother? She asked hopefully.
Melony, I. I couldn't bring myself to deny it.
Its not the truth, is it? Melony asked.
I, Melony, I did. I moaned.
I did kill your father.
Her arms which had previously been outstretched as if to embrace me fell to her sides.
Her bottom lip began to tremble.
No. She said, but the word was garbled with anguish.
Why! She asked.
It was not a question, it was a condemnation.
Oh Melony I'm so, so, so sorry. I said, my own eyes filling with water.
Dad, he, betrayed me.
I should have forgiven him, I know I should have!
But in the heat of the moment, all the bitterness I felt toward my father through my journey.
I just couldn't forgive him!
I know I should have, I know I should have forgave him.
Kill me mister Octoross sir. Melony wined.
No Melony, you don't know what your asking! I shouted.
Kill me mister Octoross sir. Melony said again.
She turned to me.
There's no point living any more.
You and dad were the only two people who really cared about me.
What about your grandmother! I implored.
Forget it dingo. She said.
It was the first time I had heard my sister utter my name without the loving tone.
It sounded contemptuous, hate filled.
You know, I've never been able to refuse a lady. Octoross smurked.
Especially such a cute little girl like Melony.
Remember dingo, you did this to me! Melony said, her sobs reaching a peak.
Finish this Octoross.
Noooooooooooo!
My sister screamed in agony as Octoross ended her brief life.
You bastard! I shouted.
You bastard!
Language! Octoross reprimanded sarcastically.
You bastard, I won't stop until your burning in the fires of hell! I snarled.
Oo, sounds like my kind of place. Octoross jeered.
We'll see about that!
recked the guy with flame, magic, and ice types. killed Yavin with no problam, and  you're thinking now i'm stuck on irodium? nope! that guy didn't last even 3 minutes. how? i used a treo of polesses, pandurbit, and orystar. used magic lights and unending curse on him, then spammed him with media rush from Orystar, did around 44 to 50 damage, pandurbits earthquake, did around 40 damage as well, and ice cutter from polesses, which did around 35 or 40 damage. as you can see, deeling over 100 damage was helping a lot, i didn't use a single revive, a single herb in that fight, i'll level my manamon to 70's, 75's and i will record it to show how you can reck that beast. i laughed so hard after that fight, i didn't known it would work or not, roflroflrofl. i'm still laughing as i'm writing this. lol, so that fight didn't gave me much trouble then the one last time. after that, rest of the game is a cake. right, i'm going to take a brake from manamon for today, maybe i'll kill electra and go play math man. enjoy and my team was 57/58 for that fight. this is what you get when you don't use encounter downs.

2016-09-23 00:14:39

hi,
I was suggesting a room filled with level scalable, resetible and configurable manamon trainers to make it easier to level up manamon after the storyline.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-09-23 01:16:39

Having that be configurable might make it too good, but a building full of randomly generated tamers that scale to your highest level or something would be a nice challenge and definitely aid in training.

2016-09-23 05:50:18

Non-configurable would be best, but scaling to your highest level would be okay. I only hate scaling when it's forced on you in the main storyline, but I've gone through that rant before so I'll spare you all the same thing again.

I'm usually around level 40-42 or so when I hit the sewers, honestly, but 38-39 isn't too bad either. Tangeria Tower front is an excellent place to grind a lot of different types of manamon, and the encounter rate there is nice and high.

2016-09-23 06:42:48 (edited by Loxias 2016-09-23 06:43:23)

Also, perhaps it was just incidental luck for me, but I found the Manamon in the sections of sewer farther along the fields towards Orianda were slightly higher level. Under Hazeldale I found a lot of level 29 and 30, but farther in it was all level 31 and 32. If you want that slight exp bump, you could always wait until you get to that section to grind. You get the full amount of exp as long as your Manamon is not 10 or more levels above the foe (forget if 10 itself starts to dent it, or if it starts at 11 level difference).

2016-09-23 06:47:12

So my question about stats. Not sure if this got buried or what, so I'll ask again. Since most mon benefit from speed, will I still be alright to max that out first and then do attack the rest of the way? Or should I keep it balanced all the way through? From what I can tell, the benefits of training attack don't really make a huge difference until the end of the game where everything seems like it's kill in one shot or be killed in one shot. Last time through I trained defense and hp only and noticed that I couldn't one shot things that I was able to before. That tells me attack needs to be trained at least a little bit. I'm also curious about recobrah. I've taken the time to grind one up to 27 or so. At least in the early game he is fast and hits like a truck. I've never played one before but things I've read here indicate he just becomes a burden later on in the game and can't pull his weight.

2016-09-23 09:17:05 (edited by pulseman45 2016-09-23 09:18:34)

@Jayde: Regarding Draco-Breaker, I'm pretty sure I defeated a tamer's manamon with it and then I could immediately switch for his next Manamon. Now I wasn't to surprised because that's how it worked with Hyper Beam in Pokemon. And I'm pretty sure Draco Blitz and Outrage are comparable the same way but I didn't experience Draco Blitz so far.

2016-09-23 09:59:00

Pulseman, thanks for the confirmation.

And regarding training:
I personally train attack before speed. Training speed is useless if the attack you pull off first does pitiful damage. And you usually don't die in one hit unless you're terrible at type match-ups. Mixing it up would not be a bad idea, but I've always had pretty good success just doing attack/special attack first, followed by speed or whatever my secondary stat is (HP for Garganchan, HP for Pandourbit, special defense/speed mix for Dramagon, mix of attack/special attack/speed for Mondevol, etc).

2016-09-23 18:47:33

I usually alternate my training. I found if I exclusively trained attack/special attack first, I'd start getting outsped and taking more damage than I'd like, but if I train only speed first, I don't do enough damage and also take too much in return because it took too long to KO. I found doing a bit of both along the way struck a good balance. For the slower, bulkier types though, I usually did train their attacking stat first. A bit of extra hp isn't as much of a difference maker as a bit of speed. In the long run I of course do want it and it matters, but 10 hp is nothing compared to 10 speed in the mid-game.

2016-09-23 22:26:39

Yeah, there's definitely nothing wrong with doing that. And being outsped by something slower is kind of silly. As in, I'm putting trains into Eagawk's attack, not his speed, and some Trumer comes along and outspeeds me. Trumer can't do much to an air type, but still.

Grandlan strikes me as the penultimate jack of all trades manamon. He has absolutely no bad stats (defense and HP are both meh, but not bad), and he has no really amazing stats, but he's got a lot that are decent. I'm wondering if, especially with Grandlan Clay, he might be better than Leonatar. He has more weaknesses, but he also has more defenses, and magic offers a dragon immunity and the ability to hit more types super-effectively. Not sure.
The stats on my gift Gronk were pretty good across the board, so that's what I'm using. I didn't really think any of the moves he was given as a gift, bar maybe Laser Arm to scare water types, was all that good, so that's the only one I kept. I think I've got Laser Arm, Sneer (to drop defense, but this might go), Scourge Tail, Tunnel and Aura Master. There really aren't enough plant types to justify Blaze Rampage (and Thornita and Guerrerrol are both weak to magic, so that's all right), and even though he could use Blaze Rampage to wreck ice types, he could also use Laser Arm, since that's part steel.

My level 65 Sacroloon may not have Inner Healing or Wing Slash, but it has more special defense than my Irroadium which is nineteen levels higher. No joke. Neither of them has received training in that stat. Irroadium has more HP and hits way harder, but it's a freaking top-tier mythical...it ought to be stronger.