2016-09-09 18:39:11

I'll have to remember not to do that. smile

2016-09-09 21:47:48

blindndangerous wrote:

use a staff of obstruction... the game will freeze.

Are you sure the game froze? Could you not open the inventory anymore, or could you not activate cursor mode with ENTER or target things with TAB key?

What could have happened instead is that you embedded yourself in the obstruction crystal so you could not move. It happens when zapping something with obstruction staff close to the character. If that happens you simply need to wait until the crystal melts away, or you can use staff of blinking to teleport outside of the crystal if you are not completely surrounded by the crystal. Sometime you want to get yourself in the crystal on purpose as once you or monsters are embedded in the crystal monsters can not physically hurt you, but you still can zap staves or throw darts outside of the crystal.

I think if you activated cursor mode and examined the tile your character was standing at, it would tell you that you are embedded in the crystal.

2016-09-11 00:06:02

No, it froze.  I got the dialogue about brogue has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution.

2016-09-20 13:59:03

Hi Lazycat! I hope you are still with ous? I am still checking this topic for news every day! So, you are absolutely not forgotten!

2016-09-21 11:20:18

firefly82 wrote:

I hope you are still with ous?

Yes, I will get back to finishing this in a few days.

2016-09-22 06:37:58

I tried this one long ago when it was still a beta. I got back again to try it yesterday, and found it surprisingly and drastically much more amazing. It really becomes a really awesome experience, and is so hard for me to stop. Truely admire your great work, Lazy Cat!:)

Is there going to be anything like this, or is there already anything like this around somewhere else other than this one, though? Roguelight is always my thing.

I'll surely follow up til the final release of the version. It's already as amazing as it is, and i haven't come across any bugs myself so far.:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-09-22 08:09:16

Hey Mata! Check out this:

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=19774

Oh thank you a thousand times Lazycat! I am happy you did not canceled this absolutely nice project!

2016-09-22 09:35:14

Oh thank you!:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-09-22 18:03:21

Hay, do we need to keep the broag sourse folder in the game's folder, or is this just for reference?
I notice that their is an intro read sound file, but no option to read said intro.
If it doesn't already speak, can it be made to before the final release?
Also, I've made some improvements to the audio folder.
How could I get that to you before the final release.
Can I just send you a Pm with a tinyupload or dropbox link?
Later!

2016-09-22 18:48:42

You could also post a dropboxlink so we can all download it.

2016-09-22 21:20:23

Okay.
Here's a link to update the audio in brogue.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya5mszde4ztce … e.zip?dl=1
Just extract to the audio folder and say yes to overwrite the files.
Later!

2016-09-22 23:35:45

Hello folks. threeblacknoises, thank you.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-09-23 03:27:23

Amusing as it sounds, your audio came out right after I modded my brogue audio. Let's see then.

2016-09-23 13:20:09

What did you change in your version?
I think I might have another small update for about three sounds, but I can't help wondering what you did first.
Later!

2016-09-23 15:58:13

I changed everything. Also included your music tracks in my audio right now. If anyone need it, I'm able to upload.

2016-09-23 16:37:09

I'd vary much like to take a look; or listen; to it...
Later!

2016-09-23 17:54:34

there me go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri5uekfopo8d2 … o.rar?dl=0

2016-10-02 05:34:55

Ok, just finished the game; the work on accessibility is great, thank to this wanderful roguelike.

2016-10-02 06:16:24

You beat the entire thing?

2016-10-02 06:57:04

yes.

2016-10-02 15:28:51

Unless this is the same guy, someone else sent me a message on reddit that they also managed to beat the game. I think that's amazing since many, possibly most, sighted people can't beat the game after months, and even years, of playing it. Anyway, here is what that guy said:

After more than two weeks of attempts, I finally beat the game. I'm legally blind. Here's my feedback.

-The TTS isn't so bad. Especially after I got used to stuff and was able to speed up the speech rate, it was really handy for pointing out when my character saw monsters, doors, keys, etc. On one occasion, I made the mistake of firing off a staff of burrowing in one of the treasure rooms that's locked with an iron door. The bolt went everywhere and the game just kept going and going and going and the speech was just droning on and on and on. Quitting the game then is pretty much the only thing I could do.

-the sounds/music mesh really well with the description. It was easy to tell when I was close to water or an abyss.

-After a few games I noticed that there were bars and windows popping up on the side whenever an item, switch, enemy, etc was within plain view. I would ask, (if it's even possible) to have a button list off the things your character can clearly see.

-Is there any way to warn the player when a buff from a potion/scroll/charm/spell is about to wear off? Like, add a thing for when any buff is at about 50%. Even hunger. That would help.

-Holy crap, goblins. Like, when I stumbled onto a goblin-nest or something and the TTS kept going "YOU SEE A GOBLIN, YOU SEE A GOBLIN." rinse, repeat. Any way to change it so the TTS just says "You see four goblins. You see two goblin conjurers. you see three goblin totems. You see two goblin mystics." That would help. I'm guessing that's some heavy modification to the game, though.

-I noticed that the game never read the descriptions of items out loud when I selected them. Any chance to have item descriptions read to you when you hit a button?

-I never found a way to have the game declare how much total gold I had.

-Spectral blade fights are a bitch when you can't skip the reading. Maybe have a "shut up" button to skip the current line? Same with pink jellies. And purple gas. And steam. And Liches that summon furies a bunch. And when centaurs shoot at you.

Overall, I enjoyed it a lot. Beating it for the first time was exhilerating. Thanks for taking the time to consider us blind folks. We like games too.

2016-10-02 16:55:21

wow, amazing.

2016-10-02 20:39:00

Two month of game personnaly. Yeah, you've made a really good work. That's the proof it is beatable with... A lot of time and retry, as a good roguelike

2016-10-03 02:14:35

Wow, that is awesome.  Nice job on beating it.

2016-10-03 02:45:24

Hi.
First off, I must say this is a type of game I have always wanted to play, so thank you so much for doing this!
Started off nicely by invoking a potion of descent... yep, not a great start.  smile

I will give more detailed feedback later and join the readit, but right now I have dungeons to die horribly in.