2016-09-17 16:47:04

Yep, this one is going to please a lot of people, including me! since while I did think Samurai of Hyuga was getting a little too much on the "ooooh look how grim and dark we are!" it was an extremely fun game and definitely ended on a cliffhanger, indeed I'm not surprised tthat this is the same author as Fatehaven which I also really! enjoyed. Oh, and for anyone who's wondering, you can see the choiceofgames entry in the database, they're really awesome interactive gamebooks available on Ios and Android (look under choiceofgames and hosted games in the various ap stores), or directly online with your favourite web browser on the choiceofgames website, plus on Steam if people want the hassle, though myself I prefer playing them on my iphone.

You can read the main announcement here

Hosted Games
has a new game for you to play by Devon Connell!
Samurai of Hyuga Book 2
is the blood-pumping sequel to the interactive
tale you already know. Return to the land of silk and steel, where fantasy
and reality clash and tough choices await you at every turn.
Good thing you’re still the toughest ronin around.
Become a bodyguard, a savior, or just a killer with a good excuse. Try to
keep your mind intact as you travel down the path of madness, with twisted
romances and drama at every turn. Love and lust, spirits and demons.
What happens when you can’t tell the difference anymore?
That and so much more await you in the second book of this epic series!
Reclaim your role as a badass ronin, a master manslayer, and
reluctant bodyguard for hire!
Find romance or let it find you, tainted and twisted as it may be!
Poetry and board games, dates and kabuki—try not to forget yourself
in this unforgettable adventure!
Over 215,000 words of interactive fiction!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-17 18:26:19

iPhone or android is definitely the easiest.

2016-09-22 06:37:13

Ahoy there,

Been looking forward to this since ages and I have no clue how I missed its release!
If the first game was any indication this should be fantastic, now only if apple introduces something other than  a creditcard as the bloody payment system!

I personally think browser versions are the easiest playability wise, since then you can access these anywhere, be it a android, IOS, or pc/mac

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-09-22 15:07:02

I've tried the browser versions on my Iphone, but I just don't find Safari that good with vo, even for comparatively decent websites like this one, which is why I prefer the stand alone program, plus the program always stops at the same point so you can put them down and come back later which you can't always do with the browser version.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)