2016-09-02 18:14:28

Hey hey to all!

I know it isnt a real new release. But the newest Version is Six momth old. So i think it is OK to post it here.
As i allready mentioned, it is a very very good roguelike called Dungeon Crawl stone soup with a long long developing history and absolutely huge content! you got the choice over more than 20 races and each of them are sometimes completely different. There are no real classes but there are starting kids. Another interesting part of this game are the gods. There are also more than 22 different gods you can join. The funny thing about the gods is, that you dont chose your god in the beginning. No no! You have to explore the dungeon and sometimes you will find altars where you can join one of the gods. So you never know wich altar you will find cause the levels are randomly generated as allways in this genre.
What makes this crawl so accessible is the fact of autoexploring by pressing o. Nearly 90% of the levels can be explored this way. Sometimes there are special places autoexplore cant reach. But this is rarely.
Another maybe interesting option for some of you here might be the fact that you can create triggerfiles for soundeffects. It is not complicate. I managed it so it cant be so hard.
The general general general main tip is, to read the big manual. It is very informative and you can learn a lot about the gameplay, the races and so on!
The latest stable version is 18.1 but you can also get a trunk-update to check the newest ideas and corrections.
I thought about getting in contact with the developers. But again there was this chapcar shit. Maybe someone here can try to get one of them into this topic.
If some of you got questions about controling and playing, simply ask and i will try to answer it. I think i am relatively familiar with it.
Let me say it again. Read the manual first! You will need it!
The link to this funny stuff is:

crawl.develz.org

This is the truth. There is no http or www.
Oh, realy realy important. I am using NVDA. When you start the game, wait some moments and press alt-tab two or three times to get access to the game.

And now, go and have fun!

2016-09-02 18:28:05

Hello folks. Thanks Firefly.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-09-02 20:02:47

Hey Firefly!

Thanks for this!

To handle those (foul language) captchas, you might want to look at Captcha Be Gone (https://captchabegone.com/), it's not free but is very reasonable and has no limit to the number of captchas you can solve.

You don't have to type "http://" because the browser adds it for you because it is required, so the actual link is:
http://crawl.develz.org

2016-09-02 20:49:09

Hello folks! Firefly, I managed to download, but can't play the game. I'm using NVDA, but the game speaks nothing when I hit enter on the exe file. Maybe I got the wrong package, but I don't know. Can someone help?
Best regards, Haramir.

2016-09-02 21:46:36

Hi Haramir! As i said in my first post, you have to start the game and wait for HMM 30 seconds. Then press alt-tab three or four times. I think the prompt should show up now.
In case you downloaded the wrong version, here is a dropbox-link to the wright one. I uploaded it for you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/238 … -win32.zip

Tell me if it worked!
Best wishes and happy gaming!

2016-09-02 21:48:53

Hello folks. Thanks again Firefly.
Best regards, Haramir.

2016-09-03 10:54:05

Nice find, don't forget to see if this is on the roguelikes reddit, and if it is, the devs might be over there.  Also, their is a signed copy of web vissum, as well as captcha be gone, so their is no reason why you can't get in touch with the devs.  Just point them over here too, like with did with lazy cat of course so that we can try to help, if that makes it easier for people.  I'll give this a try.

2016-09-03 22:57:00

HMM, i am not so familiar with using this NVDA-library. I think i cant explain to the developers the hole situation. The game is mostly accessible. Not nice in control and sometimes tricky to read out, but it is possible. So i am not sure if i will contact the developers. Additionaly english is not my mothertounge. So maybe someone here could try to get in contact with the them?

2016-09-04 04:03:50

I'm sure some one can.  I haven't tried it, but if we can compile a list of what would need to be done, I'm sure some one (or a few people) can talk to them.

2016-09-04 05:08:25

HMM, i think many things for accessibility could be reached by creating a soundpack for the game. This is possible. It would be a little tricky to share it cause of the folderpathes, but maybe theres a workaround for that too.
Main point is, the complete screenreading when you are moving. You can turn it off, but then you have a little trouble with the fightings. Lazycat made a very good job with this on the other rogue game.
Is anyone here interested in forming up a little team to create a soundpack?

2016-09-04 05:34:32

Hello folks! Firefly, I can help with sounds, but I guess there are alot of people that can give a help with this too.
Best regards, Haramir.

2016-09-04 06:45:17

OK, lets see if we can get some more people for this project.

2016-09-10 13:29:02

How do you make sounds for this game? I can't get this.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2016-09-10 15:36:22

Hi Arnold18!
There is a short instruction in the manual-file with a little example.

2016-09-22 09:39:02

I might be able to help with it too, if i hae a moment to understand the trigger code. We'll see again, by the way.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-09-22 15:39:38

@Firefly

Itt would be nice if you would put the game's name in the thread title. It would make it easier to find for those that are interested, and make it easier for those not interested to skip over it.

2016-09-25 19:31:52

hi
i'm playing with the console, is the graphical thing accessible too?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2016-09-26 02:30:48

Hi.
Ok, so I decided to download this game and check it out. However, I am having problems. When I launch the game, or whenever I execute any commands, jaws reads every single thing on the screen and I can't move around or interact with the game very well because of this. Also, it doesn't appear to work with nvda, because I try to enter commands and when I press enter nothing happens. Any help on this issue? Thanks.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven