2016-09-22 09:34:03

Hi.
So, with the recent launch of googles allo messenger which is presented like a Whatsapp alternative, something came to my mind.
As we all know, Whatsapp has been around for ages by now and has atracted a huge number of people, I don't know the current statistics, but my last info is that about 900000000 people use the messenger.
After it got bought up by facebook for about 19000000000 dollars, people searched for an alternative and that was the time when messangers like Trema, telegram and all the others came up.
With the facebook messenger there is another potent candidate in the ring and as far as I know, it might overtake Whatsapp in useage numbers, which I guess is also due to facebooks large network and that they excluded messages from their main app, forcing users to use the messenger app.
With the recent launch of Allo, I am wondering, if google might be to late on the market.
I mean we have a lot of bigger and smaller messengers around, Whatsapp and the FB messengers the biggest, and the people who use those Apps throughout their dayly lives already have what they are looking for.
So, I personally think that googles messenger project will go downhil cause I don't think that a lot of people will reorientate to other products when they already have an environment were they are comfortable.
So, what are your thoughts on that matter? Do you agree with me or is there maybe an major point I am missing? I am honestly curious about your thoughts.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-09-23 04:03:30

Hi Moritz,

Personally, I like the Aloe program. I feel that certain people will find it's features nice, and other people may not. They may have a certain group of people that use their messenger, however, like you said, I feel it won't be as big as say snapchat or whatsapp.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2016-09-23 09:37:20

Hi.
I still need to try out allo cause it is not available in my cuntry right now, but I will give it a test run for sure.
You know, I am actualy wondering where that recent snap chat hype came from, some years ago it was twitter, then facebook and now snap chat. Maybe I am wrong on that one but I think facebooks days as a simple social network are over.
Sure it still has the biggest user base I think, but if we look at the recent changes for example in the messenger app, I came to notice that facebook is striving to be a some sort of dayly assistant for anyone, and you just need to use the messenger, kind of the chinese program we chat, or, yeah, a bit far fetched, the program skynet from the terminator series.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.