2016-09-13 00:56:05

To anyone accessing the archive from today onward, you'll want to clear all your dns cache so that your browser won't direct you to the original location of the server.

2016-09-13 09:52:00

Welp, I thought my email didn't go through. Could have at least told me. tongue

Good luck and stuff. I guess.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2016-09-13 14:16:53

The only email I got was a bounce back, claiming that email was not in use.

2016-09-13 21:31:55

the game links are still down.
I go to agarchive.net and select the l-works link but When I try to download the games I get 404 on all of them and they don't work.

2016-09-13 23:21:42 (edited by Slender 2016-09-13 23:22:13)

I have a feeling some of the directories aren't completely uploaded yet.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-09-14 14:09:25

Also, Nick, if you haven't done so yet, make sure to clear your dns cache so that everything points to the new server.

2016-09-14 18:14:52

I attempted to post most of this a couple days ago, but apparently it didn't go through. Apologies to everybody who has been stuck waiting.

To answer a few things that have been left alone:

@slj
Our recent issues only strengthen my intention for the archive not to host legally questionable titles.
If your game states to not distribute it, then we'd rather not.

@ghorthalon
I did send you an email several days ago, and certainly meant no offense by using Shane's server.
Because of the popularity of the archive my goal was to get it functional as soon as possible, so that meant taking whichever offer could guarantee me no repeat events in the fastest time period.

To answer recent posts:
I just saw an email about l-works links, and the issue should be resolved.
There was a naming inconsistency between my local copy and the files on the old server, so when I re-uploaded the archive, links that worked on the old setup were no longer accurate.

I'd also like to note that email and ftp accounts should be back online, so if you need to do work on the server, you should be clear to do so.
Anyone who has made submissions should be aware that your directory is now empty, so if you want files to be present in your folder for whatever reason, you'll need to re-upload them (all submissions were downloaded before the server switch).

2016-09-14 23:26:12

Oh I didn't take offense. No worries there.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2016-09-17 08:11:21

Hi there,
I was wondering if you could upload Sonic Invaders, as well as Terestrial invaders. Also, it seems that the links for x-site are broken. I also have a little truck driving simulation game somewhere, that I can upload and zip up for you.
Thanks,
Rich

2016-09-17 21:29:39

RichYamamoto :
X-site should be fixed - a similar issue to what hit l-works.
I don't have either of those games you mentioned - can you email [email protected]?

2016-09-18 05:28:23

Hi John,
It still seems that the x-site links are broken. I sent you Sonic Invaders and The Truck driver. However, I am still looking for Terestrial Invaders.
Thanks,
Rich

2016-09-18 10:04:55

Hi john!
I have submitted a game along side its SRC its called zombie war.
but you haven't add it
Why?
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-09-18 10:54:38

I can confirm that the x-site links are indeed still broken also. Maybe some upload issue occurred.

2016-09-20 02:12:47

Ishan:
I've just checked my inbox, and it looks like your message never made it through.
After a bit of digging, I was also able to determine its absent from the old server.
If you sent the game as an attachment, you may want to check to see if you got a bounce back failure, as many email providers don't like you sending large files or those that contain executables.
If you can send another message to [email protected], we'll figure out a way to get the game included.

Superb:
I got another message about x-site this morning, and fixed a second typo that was breaking links.
Everything should be green now.

In other news:
I've had very little time to work on the archive recently, so that's why everybody who submitted titles probably wants to break down my door over missed estimates.
Sadly, this cycle is going to continue for a while. I'll be writing up as much as I can, but in the meantime, please be patient.
On the plus side and thanks to Phil, all of the PCS DOS games now have descriptions. This took a solid rewrite of the page, so each individual game now has a heading instead of just being in a big list. We also now have several more full versions available for download.

2016-09-20 04:50:30

Hi john!
I have sent you when the old surver was there.
now again I'll send it to you
I haven't attached the file but I've just put the DB link.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-09-20 10:06:38

Hi John.

glad the archive is back, I'll continue with the db updages.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-20 13:46:30

John,
Thanks for all your work posting my PCS DOS and Windows games.Four of the DOS games wee4 sold on CD as they were too large to fit on floppy disks.
They were designed for playing in Windows XP or DOS and were self-voicing, with all the text in the games recorded by a human. The games, Duck Hunt,  Snipe Hunt, Space Invaders,  and Red Dragon Kick Boxing Challenge,  were about 9 or 10 mb in size, but when trying them out on my Vista computer, I found the sounds skipped a bit.
I don't have the time and energy right now to make these games work better in Windows.

2016-09-20 18:18:37

Ishan:
As of about a minute ago, I still have no email received from you by [email protected]
Can you contact:
jpcarnemolla(@)comcast(.)net
instead.

2016-09-20 18:48:26

here is a link to games that you can use for the archive

2016-09-20 23:23:58

Synchron Freak, try posting that message again with the link to the games.

2016-09-23 21:22:43

the link to download the registration patch for super shot that unlocks the game is still down.
so I only can download the installer for the game.

2016-09-23 22:27:50

It also looks like the River Raders Installer is broken as well

2016-09-24 13:31:20

I've just fixed the link to River Raiders.
Super shot is a bit more complicated; I missed pulling the file down to my local copy before the server switch, so it'll take a bit longer to get working.

2016-09-29 17:58:43

This is a quick note to say that at long last, I've managed to get some updates into the archive.
Check out the news page at:
http://www.agarchive.net/pages/news.html for full details.

2016-10-11 21:49:36

Hello John, mojsior and others,

Were you discussing about Accessible Super Mario Bros, Code by C. A. E. Jones in posts 8 through 15?
If yes, please reply back, I've a complete working package of that game.
I will then upload it to any cloud based service like dropbox etc.