2016-09-19 10:43:09

a little suggestion, can you reduce the time that motion bombs take to detonate when they detect a player? now it's very easy to get away from one by jumping. I suggest a time of 1 or 2 seconds.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-09-19 12:49:51

It annoys me when people keep asking for the game to be made easier, it's not meant to be easy. Also with online games it can't really be made easy because it's also easier for the oponent

2016-09-19 13:35:56 (edited by kingzombie 2016-09-19 13:38:52)

I think it would be interesting if you started with a few guns and to get more guns you would have to get a certain number of kills for each gun.

2016-09-19 16:37:50

I agree. iit would be cool if you got like 3 random guns when you respawn and you would have to get the rest of them in items. cheaters are present in the game again, I saw different people with health over 50000, one had about 70000 health so it's definitely a cheat. I think a health limit would solve this problem.

Stephen King

2016-09-19 21:16:17

i don't think random guns would be a good idea, maybe shot gun, handgun, oh, and kills counter won't be good as well. i still think finding guns is much better then start out with all of them

2016-09-19 22:48:24

Actually, I have discovered that it is in fact quite easy to get 8000 health without cheating. Just get a bunch of item grabbers, and if you have poison drinks or antibiotics, you can quite easily get massive amounts of health.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-09-19 23:14:37

So after several months I finally decided to put my sceptical feelings aside and try this game. Within ten minutes, the game had already closed on me twice because of a supposed speedhack detection. I don't even have anything installed that can perform a speedhack, let alone know how to use such things. Needless to say, I'm not amused and probably will not come back to this game until this does not happen anymore... Having to restart the game possibly after less than two minutes of gameplay just isn't fun. It's possible that this is because my game is running on a machine which is not particularly amazing to say the least, but I do wonder how many other people are being caught in the crossfire at the moment. So if possible, this speedhack detection system will need to be improved on before I try this again.

2016-09-20 08:26:39

yeah I know that it's easy to have 8000 health but when you fight others you inevitably lose some of it, and I don't think that some can have 60000 health and only 4 kills. that's definitely a cheat in my opinion.

Stephen King

2016-09-20 23:58:24

I get speed hacked every 10 minutes in survive the wild and redspot as well

What audio dramas do you like. I like the leviathan chronicles, we're alive, and our fair city. Check them out!

2016-09-21 09:40:09

Glad it's not just me. I'd love to give more info on why this happens, but it just seems to be very random... I played a bit more yesterday, and in at least 3 cases I got a speedhack detection right after I died, before I even logged back in... Heh.

2016-09-21 10:10:44

The source code for the function he is using to detects is actually on his site, so people that know BGT could have a look at it if they want.

2016-09-21 20:34:27

I haven't had any problems with speedhacking in quite a while. I was on last night and there were no issues.

2016-09-21 20:36:48 (edited by blindndangerous 2016-09-21 20:37:15)

I don't know though, it's pretty easy for you to get a lot of health without cheating.  I've gotten over 3200 before, and had only a few kills, and I know that the same has happened with the character daddy.

2016-09-21 22:10:47

what's daddy? my father?

73 Wj3u

2016-10-06 19:43:39 (edited by stargate 2016-10-06 22:32:58)

Hi everyone.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think jets should be removed. They don't serve a purpose anymore. The only thing people use them for is to hide. You can drop a suicide bomb, then quickly jump into your jet to avoid taking damage. You can  also use the jets as a very easy way to move to the bottom of the tower since they can't fly as high as the tower stands. If someone is being attacked at the top of the tower, they can jump in a jet, which instantly brings them to the bottom and get back out. The only thing jets are used for now is to gain an advantage that they should not have.

I'm also beginning to think the same about the AFK command. You can drop a mass bomb, go afk, and avoid the damage. People are also just using the AFK command when they're done playing so that they don't lose their items. There are people who play for a while, go afk, then come back the next day. Maybe there could be like a 1 hour AFK timeout or something. If you're away from the keyboard for more than an hour, you probably aren't using the feature as intended.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head. I wonder what Sam and everyone else thinks about this.

2016-10-06 21:06:03

Fully agreed with  stargate. I have my self used this advantages, i will not hide this. But, jets should be modified, not removed. Also, can't wait for next update! redspot rocks!

2016-10-06 22:37:15 (edited by stargate 2016-10-07 22:07:30)

I don't know how jets could be modified to negate the issues they cause. They always take damage instead of the player when someone is inside of it, so I don't know how you could go about changing them so that people can't abuse that. Suicide bombs and mass bombs can both be used with the jet in order to avoid taking damage. At the same time, if you made jets fly higher than the tower, so as to stop people from using it to jump to the bottom, it would be much more difficult for players on the ground to hit them, because they would have to fly at least 50 tiles up instead of 25.

I can think of a way to possiblly solve the first issue, but I don't know if it would be doable. If a jet hasn't left the ground, weapons could effect the player, rather than the jet. Once the jet got off the ground, they would shield the player like normal. Or maybe if a player drops an explosive weapon right before getting in a jet, it could do more damage to the jet than another players weapon would.

No ideas about how the tower issue could be resolved though. If jets could fly at a height of 50 tiles, I don't know if players would still be able to hit them from the ground.

2016-10-07 08:59:59

it's time for me to pop in,
@stargate, the jet thing doesn't make any sence to me, because if u enter the jet u r inside the jet, not outside, so the jet is being hit instead as how it is now. About the jet escaping, u can simply track the player and kill him when going down if he escape from the tower. Thats what i usually do if they do that. Destroying jets is very easy.
Another thing, how would u hit a jet if it was 50 tiles above u? This could be cheating because players can stay in a jet for hours until u leave and come out if they want at anytime they want. so this doesn't sound good to me.
Sorry if this post does sound harsh, but it's the truth

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2016-10-07 21:13:43 (edited by stargate 2016-10-07 22:04:37)

I think you may have misunderstood my post, because you just said everything I had already pointed out, and didn't notice the flaw that I pointed out with the jets. I never said they were hard to destroy. I said they were allowing people to quickly jump to the bottom of the tower as an escape. I had already pointed out the fact that you wouldn't be able to hit jets if they flew fifty tiles up as well. Also, you do not need to fly your jet in order to go to the bottom of the tower. As soon as you step into the jet, you are instantly placed at the bottom. There is no flying involved. It is a cheap way to move yourself to the bottom, and happens because the tower stands taller than a jet can fly.

2016-10-07 21:36:32 (edited by stargate 2016-10-07 21:53:15)

Here's a recording that shows what I'm talking about with the jets and tower: https://clyp.it/3bujty2w

It's an instant teleport to the bottom. You can get out of the jet much faster but I wanted to let it finish reading the coordinates to demonstrate.

And here's one of me using a jet to launch a suicide bomb and avoid taking damage: https://clyp.it/kbmmm5ph

You don't have to turn your jet on for this to work. You just have to jump in. The suicide bomb one isn't that big of a deal since it does damage to the jet, but I still think it's interesting that it can be done.

2016-10-08 17:46:45

i didn't know about being able to avoid bombs in the jet. but guys, really it needs to be stopt. if bomb blows up close to the jet, you'll get killed. most likely. so eather change jets start, reduce there hp, or take them out of the game. also how do you destroy jet?

2016-10-08 18:41:21

It's easy to destroy them. Pretty easy. Just jump n shoot. Or use a fire_ball on them, they bring down jets pretty quickly, and the fire continues even after they leave the jet.

2016-10-08 22:06:49

Hi guys,
personaly, redspot addicted me so much, redspot is realy good game.
only problem, redspot needs an admin team, like in stw, because a lot of spammers around, and this is making game not playable.
Greetings.

2016-10-11 06:43:11

Every time I run this game, or STW, on my Windows XP virtual machine, as that's the only way I can play your games on my mac, I get a speedhack detected message. Could you please please please please please remove this, so I can actually play? Thanks.

2016-10-12 23:50:27 (edited by livrobo 2016-10-12 23:51:16)

Awesome update. I wanted to report a bug I've noticed. If you pick up two gas masks, it usually gives you an air tank instead. The problem is that the air tank it gives you can't be used. It goes into your inventory but nothing happens when you press enter on it. I think the same thing happens with claymore remotes but I haven't been able to try it multiple times to verify.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.