2016-09-19 09:25:02

Hello.

A few of us who use vipmud have been experiencing issues this afternoon, which we believe is linked to the fact that the GMA games website is down. Some of us have been getting the SocketWrench Unable to receive data from server (error 10060) message, and others are unable to open vip all together. I myself am getting a bad config message as well as the existing socket message. Is anyone else having this problem, and has anyone found a fix for it if they've had the issue?

just keeping it simple

2016-09-19 10:36:54

Hello miss Jade and welcome to the forum.

I have seen that error quite recently, however it was due to the fact that Cosmic rage's connection info had changed and thus vipmud couldn't connect to it. That's why it says "unable to recieve data"

It was fixed immediately I put in the right hostname and port, so my first suggestion is to make completely sure that you have the correct info for whatever mud your connecting to, ie, the muds name and port number. Indeed you might try connecting to some other muds just to make sure your client is working okay (you don't have to play, just see if Vipmud can connect to the mud in question). 

as to Gma games, the gma website shouldn't have any affect on Vipmud other than when registering it, since vipmud doesn't have anything to do with the gma games site when playing muds, it just connects directly to the mud and sends you the text.

Perhaps if you let us know which mud you were trying to play we might be able to help.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-19 11:41:46

All the info was correct, coincidentaly when the GMA website came back up the errors stopped. You'll find that the client checks to see if your rununning the latest version, so errors were being thrown up because there wasn't anything to check the version against.

just keeping it simple

2016-09-19 11:51:31

Hmmm, I wasn't aware the client auto checked for version updates. I wonder if there is a possibility to disable that function if the Gma website is down, then again, Gma has highly reliable hosting so isn't often down.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-19 21:13:12

I thought it connected to the server to see if you have it registered, not if you have the latest version. I don't know for sure though. I haven't gotten that SocketWrench error since the latest build of 2.0 came out.

2017-01-24 21:20:33

Sorry, I don't know if it belongs into this topic, but I've a problem registering VipMud. When I entered my regestration name and pressed enter, it took a little while and then it said that I need an active internet connection for registering this product. But I had an active internet connection.
What's the problem? Can anyone help me with this, or is it because the GMA games server is down or something?
Thanks!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel