2016-09-19 02:42:40

It's also possiblle my gold rewards aren't accurate in a few places. They should be close, but sometimes I type 7 instead of 8, or 8 instead of 9, usually at the end of a number. They shouldn't be wildly off though.

Hydrake is kinda common. I found I came across them on hard-packed dirt and long grass, never ever in shallow water.

Also, level 45 before you reach Tangerian Tower is kind of overkill. You can be 35-40 before you get there, and if you've got the right manamon you'l still wreck Dustin.

Just going through manamon in general now that I have even more knowledge of the game, as well as Irroadium for the exp trick and 17 level-up herbs. I stumbled across a Murkit that has remarkable everything except special attack (which is not so good) and speed (which is perfect). So I know Murkit's line is pretty fragile, but 92 attack without training at level 35 freshly transformed into Tigrath. Ow, man. Just ow. And it's fairly speedy.
Squarpha is basically a bust. Its best water move is Bubble Burst and its best magic move is Tri Beam. Its stats are all average or above average, but nothing really stands out. It does get Manatize and Demanatize, but it's not really built to tank. Also gets Stifle, but that's a turn you'd probably better spend attacking.

I think Arctana is just hands-down better than Submenno. Submenno has more HP and probably a -bit more raw clout, plus Power Fang, but Arctana is much faster, has slightly better defenses, plus it gets Ice Tempest, which while inaccurate hurts like hell (read, 2-shots my Irroadium which is 14 levels higher).

Donnammer is a neat idea, and gets nice hard-hitting same type attacks on both sides (Hammerhead and Sparking Tail), plus Daring Comeback and Metal Fist, and Adrenaline Rush if that's your thing. Double weakness to magic hurts, as do weaknesses to earth and ghost. I think it's one of those manamon trying to be a jack of all trades, but to me it falls a little short.

Friggle/Frorgeril are actually not half bad. Frorgerel gets AquaZap from the move tutor, and I believe Friggle can be taught Power Surge the same way, so you don't have to go Lightning Bolt or bust. Power Surge isn't wicked strong and AquaZap is situational, but still. And fairly well-rounded stats, nothing amazing. This guy might be worth more of a look.

I've tried to like Junanchel, I really have. But its defenses are fairly low, and while its HP is good and its attack is high, its deficiencies are just too big. Uproot+Aerial Vision is hilarious though, and Nature Dance after a couple of uses of Solar Conversion probably really hurts. But I think Thornita can do this too, and Thornita at least can set up behind a sleep move and has slightly better defenses, albeit a nasty poison typing that does nothing but hurt it.

I drove Craggallem into the high 60s and it gets Sturdy Stone as its last move, I think. This seems like a delaying tactic, nothing more, but Craggallem does have nice defensive stats. it's everything poor Simulon wants to be, except Simulon gets better moves (both Tunnel and Rock Avalanche or whatever it's called). Craggallem is crying out for these moves, or Earthquake. On that same note, I'd love it if Grandlan got Earthquake, but at least it gets Toxic Tail and Blaze Rampage from the move tutor. Another one of those decent-at-everything manamon, Grandland is. Better than I thought it was, but still weak to everything. Haha.

I'm not gonna do this for absolutely every manamon all over again. Many I'm sold on or absolutely done with (Dussoket is an example of the former, Viralite an example of the latter), but this is sort of fun. I'll also add to my guide as I can, to make sure that my manamon impressions are as up-to-date and accurate as they can be.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-09-19 05:35:52

I was wondering if that was going to be in the guide at some point. What mon of a given type are better than the others. I.e. enchandithol or grandlan? Dussoket or erroir? Hydrake or thornita? arctana or polosses? myaneko or sacroloon? The starters just seem ninnied to me. I gave up on the water starter in favor of dramegon. I couldn't remember when the water starter got drench but it wasn't soon enough for my liking. Same reason I took enchandithol this time over orystar and meteor rush. Enchandithol gets it in the early 40's. orystar doesn't get it until the mid 50's or something. Banyardan gets earthquake at 57 or something. Leonitar gets it at 42 and then starts to absolutely destroy stuff. It makes that full party fight in the tower really fun. tongue Yeah I like getting the more powerful attacks as early as I can. Until then it feels like I'm just picking away at things and going back and forth with everything tit for tat. I don't want tit for tat. I want to destroy things in one or two hits, because there are plenty of powerfangs and daring comebacks, piledrivers, implants and desouls, poisoning and scorches coming to take large chunks of my hp. So I try to avoid the power struggle and just kill quickly.

2016-09-19 07:48:22

I want to say that the water starter gets Drench at like 33-35 or something, which really isn't that bad. That starter is probably the most out-and-out solid. Short of Execution, Soul Ripper or an untimely crit, it does. not. die in one hit. Too much HP and nice beefy defenses. Dramagon is a little better for coverage hits a bit harder I think, and is a bit faster, but Fauntazaur is more tankish, hands down. And it can hold its own as a water type.

And there's an excellent reason I'm going back to check stuff. Just ran an Erroir up to level 60. Turns out he's...uh, a lot more frail than I thought. Still has nice attack and not-too-bad speed, and pretty good special attack. That, and it gets Lightning Bolt at something funny like level 33, and Sparking Tail at 26 or some such...so in the mid game it pounds stuff. But Dussoket clearly outclasses it, in every stat. Only a pity you can't get him till right near the end of the game. Jimitron is lol next to these guys. A one-trick pony with something like 60 defense at level 46. Ridiculous.

Orystar is frailer than Enchandithol and takes longer to get Meteor Rush than Enchandithol, but it gets one thing Enchandithol doesn't, which might matter. Knockout Venom. And it's fast, really freaking fast. The move isn't horrendously effective (is anything in Manamon, really, besides like Earthquake and Torch?), but it's a nice annoyer move, and Magic Lights is another one. Orystar's a little frail to be playing with such fare, but it sometimes works out. Enchandithol is a bit bulkier, hits nearly as hard or maybe harder, actually has not god-awful attack if you want to run something funny like Toxic Tail to screw with shadow types, but it has no setup and no support beyond Mana Boost and Guard-up. It's really a toss-up as to which one you'd want.

2016-09-19 08:45:20

The one I ditched is level 33 and still girmarine. No drench yet, which I think dramegon gets at 32. Actually think I jacked girmarine up to 35 and still no drench, which is what did it for me. Boxed it and pushed a hydrobird up to match the rest of my team. Am I also to assume I just pump all training points for martiagle into speed and strength and then pound everything with fly? That's what it looks like this thing is for. I've never used one before this playthrough. I've tried leveling them up but I've figured out the best way to do that is to hang out in malorene valley and nab one that's level 46, level it up once then go get fly from the move tutor. Quick and dirty.

2016-09-19 09:59:49

Hi.
Something to keep in mind while looking for manamons, which a friend of mine told me reasonly:
Some manamons only appears in grass, others on rock or stone, others in water etc. etc. This might be the reason for I have seen more than 130 manamons, but only catched like 74. So, I think I need to go through all those places again when I've beaten the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-09-19 10:31:23 (edited by arjan 2016-09-19 10:32:56)

I actually see a lot of people liking leafox more but for me the water starter is much, much better... Leafox just seems too frail, perhaps because it's the only one having two types so it also takes neutral damage from stuff like water, instead of reduced damage. And yeah, water starter gets aqua zap, and since it has tons of health it's fun. Wonder how the effect points for that one are calculated anyway, based on the actual health points or on percentage... If it's the actual health number, then training up health more would be useful I imagine.
I suppose leafox becomes a beast when it gets earthquake... But then again, leonratar gets that too, and the water starter hits hard enough without having it.

2016-09-19 10:53:05

The reason I like Leafox best is because it gets everything. Earthquake for earth damage, Berserk Branch for half-decent plant damage and a chance to berserk a foe (which stops stupid tamers from using stupid items), a sleep/paralysis/poison move (I personally prefer sleep) to enable setup, a setup move in Sharpen (which just so happens to play off both Berserk Branch and Earthquake, and then a self-healing move in Photosynthesis. It's doubly weak to ice, it's weak to flame, it's weak to air, but it takes neutral from a lot of things and isn't too frail. Fauntazaur beats it as a tank, and Tylovile -might beat it for sheer straight-up damage output with Flame Blizzard, but Leafox does a little of a lot of things, and I've swept whole teams with it.

Not learning Drench till 35 shouldn't be a good reason to ditch Fauntazaur. Sometimes a manamon doesn't get its best move into its 50s, which is a pain in the rear when you're going through the game but doesn't matter at all once you're a fair ways into it. It does have AquaZap already, and I think Tidal Wave, which admittedly isn't strong, but doesn't really need to be. A lot of stuff weak to water also seems to have lower special defense, so Tidal Wave does a lot more damage than you might expect.

And yes. Martiagle is an attacking machine, quick and with high attack. Gets Hone Blade at some point too, to jack its attack straight through the roof. Definitely of the one-trick-pony flavour, but what it does, it does better than all others. Without an attack boost, Vultair's Suicide Dive might give it a run for its money (stronger base power, fairly high attack, but recoil and some accuracy issues), but that's it. Fowliture is silly next to this guy, and Ghoperto, while possessing more tricks, doesn't hit nearly as hard nor possess an ability to boost its stats beyond its built-in ability, Avenging Spirit.

2016-09-19 18:55:32 (edited by amerikranian 2016-09-19 19:18:02)

yeah jayde, i know 45 is a bit too much, but i'm only going through manamon to get to post game, so i want to give myself as little of hard time as possible, so over leveling is not a bad idea. i will never, ever use flame starter, that thing is... if something is effective against it you could say good by to it, it will most likely die.  wish i chosen Leafox for my starter, loved that guy, though it gets hard to train him in starwalk mounten. so yeah, should i bother to grind out garerol and hydrake? i mean, i'm planning  to sub some of my party for arctanna and the ice legendary, i don't use pandorbot, but i might have to, in shadow kingdom. i really wish it will be optional, fighting the god form of irodium. also, some ideas for the post game/manamon 2 if that thing ever comes out.
1. no one said shadow admins are dead, do they? for all we know, there could be out there, gathering strength and coming back, or, they fleed to other country's.
2. this is something i came up when i won the third stadium, so you beat the guy twice, and you axedently kill him, who, how, doesn't matter, the guy is dead, perhaps one of your manamon did it? i don't know. maybe it will work with irodium in your party, the leader will give you a third rematch shouting something like! your truly evil if irodium obeys you! you'll be forced to fight him with irodium till it dies and game over, or you kill the leader. pisst dragon kills the stadium leader! that would be a good line for news paper, would it? smile. anyway, his family finds out, and rena comes to find you, you have a talk with you trying to explain that it wasn't your falt, it's irodiums, but she doesn't care and challenges you for a battle! 6 on 6 battle, 3 mortrexes, that would be fun, huh? 3 mortrexes and... hmm, who i seen pack a punch... maybe 2 leanra? and one dragon type? sorry i don't have it in my party so i cant check how to spell his name and i don't think i've seen it yet. anyway this could link to shadow organisation or something, with you having to fight the fathers ghost at the end, again, 6 on 6, my favorite stile, full party! that's it for the post game, onto ideas for normal one.
1. maybe add something like an extra shop in manamon where you  can finish the game for real, and carry over 1, yes, only 1 manamon of your choice to the next game.
2. buy another mode, what that would do is it will buy another mode, with taimers being higher levels, more stronger, you have less chants of critting,  etc  etc. this is something i'd really love to see, and i'll finish the post when my pc restarts because it wants to update.
3. carry over, this will carry over any manamon, levels of your manamon, status item such as smelling saults, herbs, level up herbs, etc, all you will have to buy though, for example you need to buy manamon transfer, select who will get transformed to your next playthrough, and then you can  choose to carry his levels or don't. you can say, but i cant use a  level 70 manamon in the beginning of the game. this is what 4'th idea comes in.
4. carry over other items, such as stadium keys, arcaid case, pocket copter, etc.
5. carry over your normal items such as encounter downs, megganets, gigganets, etc.
with what can you buy all of that, if it gets added? well, not gold, that's too easy to get. maybe bonus points? bonus points can be urned at the end of the game when you beat the master stadium for the first time.
how can i get  more bonus points? maybe how much chests/items you find, how much you kill stuff, so that will stop people from using encounter downs so much. i didn't grind, for the most part, only to 25 for the second stadium, and that took less then 30 minutes, and i have over 39000 gold because i only spend it on herbs/nets, and i can add another 21000 if i will sell these jewls, i just never gotten around to it. i don't flee from the battles, not if my health is low, anyway. so yeah, post away and let me know what your thinking.
before i forget it again:
1. as soon as i posted that hydrake are really rare, first one i encountered is... have any guess? hydrake! that's really funny IMO
2. manamon builder. yup, you read it right, that will werth another $40 easy. you unlock more as you play through the game/harder modes, if they're added. well, that's it for real.

2016-09-19 20:13:13

dude, that stuff would never happen.  if you cary over your keys, then there's no point.

in post game again.  154 seen, 139 caught.  going mythic catching,  and once I finish manapedia,  I'm seriously putting manamon down for a good long time since I'm getting kind of manamoned out.

I still like dragomier  and dramagon  though I like the former over the latter.  not too impressed with elvand though his darring comback did hav it's nitch while kicking sacraloon rump in master battle.  got him to use up all his medicle miricles.  which helped.

I'll take grandland again, and mortrex again.  tunshano,  knocked out  a mortrex 6 levels above him in one hit,  as well as the water tamer's ice types.  knew I kept him around.

but yeah, a full team that doesn't include, any starter,  the fiendor,  or leonitar,   just cuz the last 2 are very good at what they do.

but yeah,  a manabreak is a good thing.  played it straight  pretty much for the past 11 days. 

I'll probably pick it up in a month or so,  or every so often to see if the unknown gifts have changed any.  though  that grandland was pretty good.

I'm a blue eyed, pale pink, kitten.
A blue-eyed, pale pink, kitten that can smash the smashing out of people.
I'm mew, and you're going to get smashed.

2016-09-19 23:27:22

Second Peach's comments re: the stuff you're talking about. Most of it is never, ever going to happen, as it would simply blow the game apart. Manamon builder for instance? No chance, none at all.

And, I might have been a bit hasty about Trumer. Its attack and speed are fairly decent (not awesome, but not bad), and its only bad stat is special attack (pity, since its only worthwhile poison move is Poison Dart...speaking of which, why is Poison Dart a special move while Ooze Blast is physical? I think it should be the other way round).

Thought up a couple of poison moves that could be added to actually give poison types a bit more, y'know, usefulness, since right now they kind of top out at 65-power moves that aren't effective on too many things.

Claw of Corruption: 95 power, 100 accuracy, physical poison move with a slightly higher-than-average (12%) critical hit rate and modest chance to poison the foe
Plague Mist: 100 power, 90 accuracy, special poison move with a high chance to poison and a low chance to cause death plague
Stinkbomb: 80 power, 100 accuracy physical poison move with a small chance to make a target recoil; hits all foes on the field
Choking Smog: 55-power, 100 accuracy, special poison and fire move; has a good chance to poison the foe
Noxious Cloud: 90 power, 90 accuracy, special poison move, has a high chance to poison a foe and a fairly low chance to lower accuracy of a foe by one stage
Fetid Torrent: 145 power, 95 accuracy, special water and poison move, has a decent chance to make the foe recoil and a decent chance to poison the foe

And like I said earlier in this long, long, long thread, remove undead immunity to poison, make steel immune to poison, make poison super-effective against water, and it might be a viable type again. Right now, every manamon who has a poison type, bar none, has a handicap. Thornita is decidedly decent/average at everything and gets stuck with Acid Slap as its best/only? poison move. Trumer is stuck with Poison Dart and a bunch of weaknesses on only decent defenses. Ratiera is just lol...gets power punch but only Venom Shot for poison coverage. Sansurgion cries out for something special-based and something better than 65 power. Skirial gets Toxic Storm but is two-shotted by virtually everything and cursed by a type combination that renders it weak to too many common attacking moves. Poison isn't the worst type in the game - I'd say that goes to insect - but it's damned close.

2016-09-20 01:02:17

If you freeze something it should be frozen for at least one round. Otherwise, what's the point? And I've seen this more than once now. Polosses hits with frigid touch, freezes something, it is no longer frozen, and uses an attack. That's all in one round. Sleep certainly doesn't work that way. If you are put to sleep you are sleeping for at least one round, and at most five. I mentioned in a post a while back that I thought it was just that psycho trick got some toned down version of that status that just freezes for, er, 0 rounds. But that's clearly not the case. Polosses freezes for 0 rounds too, and it's dumb. Also, "You may not think me a worthy master yet Irroadium, but I am but a child." Whoops?

2016-09-20 02:27:36

Or this (I'm paraphrasing, but this is close):

"I'd like to announce the new Brightwater Stadium Leader, Cosmo!" I announced.

Let this be a lesson to you. "he said" and "she said' is perfectly serviceable more than half of the time. You do not need to use power verbs all the time. In fact, the more you use them, the more it makes your writing look unprofessional and grabby...like you feel as if you have to explain exactly what your characters are doing, even when context should do that for you.

I've seen freeze last for like 6-7 rounds I think, but I've seen it wear off almost immediately too many times to count. I personally think that it should last for anywhere from 3-5 rounds guaranteed. What I'd do is start the counter on round 3, 4 or 5 (chosen at random) after freeze has been implemented, and with every round make the likelihood rise by a little.
Pseudo-code version:
Target status is frozen
At end of round, check the number of turns target has been frozen; if number is less than or equal to 2, remain frozen
If number is greater than 2, begin "thaw counter" which begins with random number set between 10 and 40
On every following round where target is frozen, increment this counter by 20, and check it
If the thaw counter is less than 100, remain frozen
If the thaw counter is 100 or greater, unfreeze immediately

This is just easy numbers for now, but a situation like that would mean you'd be guaranteed to stay frozen the first two rounds, then more and more likely to thaw with every round that went by.

2016-09-20 06:01:26

ok, out of all the manamon I've seen, I like that little pegasus.  air, ice, flame and electric type, yes it's got an 8x weakness to rock, but.  that's not the most common thing out there.

I completed the manapedia, and that level 100 brawl is quite nice.  when you're running the 4 greater legends.  even if erodium was only 71.  muhahaha.  I think sleep is in order, and yeah, I'm seriously putting manamon down for a while I've done it all, and I don't want to do it all again for a long time.

I'm a blue eyed, pale pink, kitten.
A blue-eyed, pale pink, kitten that can smash the smashing out of people.
I'm mew, and you're going to get smashed.

2016-09-20 16:09:13

That Fetid torrent move you proposed looks a little bit overpowered, did you forget to add a drawback of some kind? Definitely agree with some types desiring more moves though. It's ok for not all Manamon to be equal, but I think it makes for a better game if a whole type isn't gimped. Of course, some types like poison are probably more designed for passive strategies, like poisoning the foe and evading attacks, but a lot of them don't even do that too well.

2016-09-20 19:24:05

Yeah, I probably would've had Fetid Torrent make you wait a turn after you use it (think Hyper Beam or Draco Breaker). But even if left completely as is, there aren't a ton of poison type, they don't have top-notch stats, and frankly it probably wouldn't break the game if they got a slightly overpowered move.

2016-09-20 19:46:27

hi jayde,
What is hyper beam? Is it actually implemented in manamon? Or is it a spell suggestion you thought of.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-09-20 21:21:09

Hyper Beam is a move from the pokemon series. 150 power, standard moe, 90 accuracy, and if it hits, it makes you wait a turn. It does huge damage but of course it makes you wait. Basically the only reason to use it is if you know you can't kill your target without it, and you don't mind waiting on the next turn. Otherwise you're better off using Body Slam or Double-Edge or Return twice in a row for bigger overall damage. Particularly since those three moves don't have accuracy issues, and Hyper Beam does.

Many of Manamon's moves are borrowed directly from pokemon, including functionality (Glare, Sing, Fly, Earthquake, Slash, Bite, Peck, Crunch, TakeDown, Slam), and many are just different names for the same move (Torch for Flamethrower, for instance). Hyper Beam's functionality is mimicked by Draco Breaker, pretty much, and Solar Cannon, which is just an all-around bad move in my opinion. And as far as I can see, only one manamon even learns Solar Cannon, because Thornita, Junanchel and Guerrerrol don't get it, and neither does Hydrake.

2016-09-21 00:18:45 (edited by pulseman45 2016-09-21 00:22:10)

Finally, my manapedia is almost complete. I just have the trade transformations, the remaining starters and the mythicals to get. Fortunately, I have both a desktop and a laptop, so I should be able to get all of it by trading between save files.
I guess when I'm done with it I will start another playthrough with no starter plus Manamon and equipment you cannot have early in the game.
On another note, I'm surprised there is indeed no special shadow moves in the game yet. I  agry on the fact Night Stick could be special,, and as I said I also think so for Fear Feed. I am not going to like Deciced as much as I do now if it happens, but that's fine.

2016-09-21 01:38:21

It would be nice if you could reset your manamon's training points and reassign them rather than grinding up more of the same things and assigning the training points differently. Also, do computer controlled mon get different stats than what they have after we catch them? I'm curious how I can face enchandithol on a tamer's team and when it uses scourge tail on mine it damn near kills me, but when I use scourge tail on theirs I do slightly more damage than if I had just used meteor rush. I haven't quite figured out if I'm better off pushing up a mon's strengths with the points or shoring up their weaknesses. I think I might be better off training for attack and speed rather than for defense and hp though.

2016-09-21 02:10:42

There is no move like Protect in the manamon game (protect basically guarantees that the next attack won't hit you, but it gets increasingly more likely to fail if you use it consecutively), so wearing down foes with scorch or poison or plague damage isn't really a viable strategy. It's largely luck, and most manamon barring maybe Kinidul can't take hits over and over again unless you want to mighty-herb your way to cheap victory.
All this is to say that putting points into defense is something I uslally only do for symmetry. If I've got something that's got 109 defense and 106 special defense, sometimes I'll put points into the lower stat to make it even with the higher one. Beyond that though, it's pretty much attack and speed all the way.

No, tamer manamon don't have different stats, and I've taken relatively small damage in the scenario you mentioned. If you took bigger damage, are you sure it wasn't a crit? Was there a large level difference in the enemy's favour? Does your Enchandithol have a particularly bad defense stat? Any or all of these factors could be playing into how much damage you're taking from Scourge Tail from a foe Enchandithol.

Would love, love, love to see a protect-like move introduced into manamon. This would give a stall strategy some viability. Sansurgion should get it, for sure. Ratiera would get stronger if he got it. Viralite and Ghoperto would also get somewhat stronger for it. But yeah. Without it, Toxic (sorry, Pollution Solution) is an annoyance; by the time you kill the enemy manamon, you've taken a little extra damage and that's it.

On a different note, why do we have Obscure and Smoke Shield when they do exactly the same thing (raise evasiveness)? I suppose pokemon had both Minimize and Double Team, but Minimize at least had the weird after-effect that you would get hurt more by Stomp if it was used on you. Smoke Shield and Obscure are, as far as I know, functionally identical. Ditto Roar and Sharpen. Ditto Thicken and Guard Up. Ditto Solar Conversion and Call to Arms. Ditto Glare and Stunning Call. Ditto Stagnant Goo and I think Evil Eyes? Lots of repeat moves that basically do the same thing, and so, so, so many missing moves/wonky moves/under-represented types.

2016-09-21 02:59:03

When I trained all attack and speed I was worried that not putting anything into defense or health was going to mean if I missed or an opponent was still faster, I was going to die, no questions asked. But I think attack and speed seems to win out in the end. Misses still turn a one shot kill into an epic power struggle, and I'm just not crazy about that at all. Not sure if boosting health a bunch would even help here. tons of health doesn't seem to help myaneko or tarboo as when I see them they're pretty much one shot kills, unless I miss...

2016-09-21 03:47:04

As for the herbing your way to victory, I've done that before, as I think I have mentioned. It wasn't fun. but it was the only way I saw to progress. I refer to that as being stuck in a loop. I get big damage, heal, rinse wash repeat, ditto, see above, refer to previous item, etc. It's a circular highway with no exit ramps until the enemy runs out of usage points, which is kind of a dumb way to win.

2016-09-21 03:55:50

ok really, first of all,  oblivian slash hurts, really, really hurts. it should be way, way powered down, my tank took it and died, 146 damage! ouch! when sandy wind or something gets used on me, my next attack will  most likely miss, why? i have almost all of my team at 47/48 and i'm through the third office in the factory, my flame starter has 149 health, not bad, not grate eather, though. Jayde, were you in a hurry to go to the bathroom when you wrote tangiria tower part? smile. your derections can get players to the stairs, but you miss some loot on the way... in less you don't think stuff like herbs and UP restoritives are not impordent, i'm pretty sure you don't think so, though. i've cot  71 manamon so far, a lot of missing stuff is transformations, i'm planning to get mortrex somewhere next day or 2, my friend can help with trading, if he can pass the first stadium, if not i guess i'll have to get help from someone ellse, sad. anyway, jayde, just look on tangirian tower again, oops, i forgot it has been blown to bits. i  started this morning with grinding my pandurbit to level 40, then hitting tower, fourth stadium, and fith, guys, i really recked that with my flame and pandurbit, it was funny and sad at the same time, mostly funny though, pitty that leaders just got ashamed in front of a crowd, smile. alright, off to bed, and tomorrow it's bacement/starwalk/7 stadium/part of shadow kingdom, maybe.

2016-09-21 07:22:07

I did say I missed stuff in there, yeah. Honestly I find that area a bit of a drag, and I ran through by following walls. What I did not do was follow walls on both sides of rooms though, so it's possible I missed stuff.
As the guide went on, I also got looser with descriptions of stf as well, because nothing in the tower is hidden, and I'm hoping players can and will find things for themselves. So it was partially that I missed it, partially that I made a conscious choice to scale back a little. I didn't miss anything in the tower that you can't get some other way. I think there might be a revive or two in there, but by the time you hit the tower, you can buy those. The only thing I'd want to know about is equipment or full revives or level-up herbs/life tonics, really valuable stuff. Because even if you can get those elsewhere, some of them, their prices are ridiculously high.

2016-09-21 07:28:25

Yeah, you usually shouldn't be in that position, but given the unpredictable and sometimes laughable trainer AI, herbing your way  victory, being caught in that loop, is sometimes a workable strategy. This happens with pokemon too sometimes, except in pokemon, trainers are smart; if they have a move that will hurt, they'll stick to it usually, particularly bosses. And in pokemon, that move usually )but not always) has perfect accuracy, so the herb-till-you-win strategy doesn't work. Aaron's half-failure here is in part due to the speed mechanics he's using and in part due to the friggin' wild battles that result in all kinds of silly accuracy issues, coupled with some really under-represented types and manamon where you're stuck using a far-less-than-optimal move which doesn't allow you to one or two-shot a foe or something.
Having to use herbs, sometimes even revives. Okay sure. Everyone gets that unlucky critical hit, or gets a match they don't like and is outraced to a KO. That's absolutely fine. But the game is really starting to show its technical issues now. This game was designed, I think, with somebody's gut and a few hours of playtesting, not with tons of math and battle-testing for viability. Unless, of course, we just happen to be dealing with people who think randomness is epic. In which case, I can only shake my head.