2016-09-17 17:19:08

Momo, your sogestions sound extremely simple. I'm sure all Sam would need to do is just sit down on a chair, press a fiew buttons and be done with it! So simple! And adding the sistems that akilor sogested wouldn't be hard, eather, would it? Of corse not, Sam can just do his magic instead of being lazy all the day. Siriusly though, do you know how hard it would be to code? Have you done such a thing yourself? No? Then isn't it better to leave it up to a hole admin team that works as a team, informs each other if mistakes happen, and tries to help people? Or should we leave it to some software which will need a long time to be without bugs, and meanwhile nobody will be happy?
Uh, I mean, I have no problem with that! All hale our robotic overloards! Did I say overloards? I ment protectors!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-09-17 17:38:05

Momo, this is totally a different game, it shouldn't be like oltrien or how the hell ever is that spelled. You know, who would buy gifts? Who would buy survival packs? And also, cheating can never be fixed, everything can be cheated anyhow. And well, if you don't buy items you can't complain about how bad they are, if you hate a game well don't play it! You always keep giving examples with oltrien or whatever, this is a totaly different game.
How can a storage locker be in the whild? Isn't that totally unrealistick?
Do storage lockers even exist in real?
What the hell is area bomb that you are talking about lol, there is no such thing
Also, what item is the one that gives unlimited health?
I am sure Sam would never make such a thing, well I like the game to stay as it is now, we have given the reason for payed items are existing and they will never be removed if Sam doesn't want them to be. Your complaining doesn't really help, it is about nonsense.

Greetings.
My twitter

2016-09-18 04:08:21

Don't forget the system that codes systems! big_smile

2016-09-18 04:51:26

Sam, where the hell did I say I'm much better? Where the hell did I say you are stupid? In what post? Yes, I said that you are a child, yes it is true, but I didn't say you are a stupid little child and I'm much better.
I understand about admins, unknown areas and systems that are hard to code, I thought that Sam could code that systems easily, because he has advanced bgt skills and he once coded a speedhack detection system and memory protections. What I don't understand is an ability for admins to spawn disasters. If an admin randomly spawn disasters for no reason, players will die because of some shitty admins.
But I don't understand about teleporters and dfcs. Yes, storage lockers are not real. What about dfcs and teleporters? Who will buy gifts? Yes, people will buy gifts if they wants to pay for the game. Area bombs? If Sam made area bombs, people will not buy area bombs if they doesn't want to donate. In my case, I can't donate because I don't have PayPal account, and I don't have a card. And no, I'm not complaining just because I can't buy them. If I could buy them, I would still complain because those are unbalanced items.
I'll not complain anymore, as those posts will not change Sam's mind.

2016-09-18 10:32:18

First Momo from what you are saying, so if a persons has skils in something, he has to do it in one hour even if this thing is building a castle. Ok, from your idea I understand also microsoft wil do windows 11, or 20 in the next two months, because they have alot of people has many skils and they should do all the work in 5 hours at least. wow! you're totaly rong; beeing good at something doesn't meen you're able to do the impossible in 2 sec.
next, teleporters and dfc's are now a part from the game and noone can say they're not. most of players even newbies has dfc's. you're complaining about people wil die if admins spawn disasters, but what wil happen if dfc's doesn't exist and they pass away. what you'll say at that time?, I'm sure it won't be difrant mor than now. One thing I'm sure Sam was rong on it when he said disasters are spawning from admins, if he didn't say that noone wil get it, but yeah complaining wil stay.
Theard, airia bombs? what are those things? not sure if they're exist, or if they wil be even I see dfc's usefull mor.
Ok, now back to admins: it seems you don't like stw admins from the first this is why you're complaining all the time. I see all the admins in the list now are doing there best to let the game work in a perfect way. there are no crappy, nore shity onece as far as I know, and they are spawning disasters because it's a part from stw gaming envirament, and they have a reason for spawning them I think no need to repeet it here, your words like fire and water noone is like the other: you don't wanna players to die at the same time you don't wanna dfc's, but you want airia bombs or whatever lol. you said before I want disasters to be random, but if they wil be random, the spawn also wil be with out any reason, so expect one every three, or why not five minutes. man organise your ideas and be sure from what you wanna  complain about.
my advice is play the game, and come to write, it may help a bit when you die many times.
Greetings

2016-09-18 11:36:00

@momo, again you are just imagining because you do not play the game! No one sleeps in water no matter how you think. and regarding DfC and teleporters, it is the advantage of the player if they can buy it. Otherwise why do people sell software? why do people still want to use Microsoft Office instead of free Libra Office? would you buy gifts or sand or stone or wood? certainly not realistic to sell those. Those paid items and paid account are there to help generate revenue for the server, and of course players will have advantage by paying. it is a norm in many other games, when players can upgrade their character by buying something.
second, do not always compare STW and alter aeon. it is like comparing an apple to a pizza, which is to say, totally different 2 things. if Alter Aeon can buy practices, skills, it's actually the same as STW can buy dfc and teleporter.
and next, I would like to see you code the system for STW. Hopefully it should be release in a day.

Back to natural disaster, I can understand as what akilor say, do not put the punishment points. however it still should not be done by admin only, otherwise it is not natural disaster, but rather admins disaster. this is so people still can feel the disasters regardless or not admin is online. So make it that when disaster starts, those who go offline will have to wait 1 minute before they actually goes offline from the server. this will make them feel the disaster as well, and admin do not have to warn them. if they die going offline during disasters, let them be as they are coward. I am sure the disasters can be programme not to kill, as how admin will spawn them.

2016-09-18 12:46:27

One more thing on "admins disasters" and then i'm defenatly not going to answer more on those, since i feel like i'm repeating myself over and over smile
Most disasters take longer than a minute to complete, and freezing people for that amount of time is unfair too since they still could decide to go to a shelter or similar. Besides, and that's my general point of view, it's not hard to escape disasters: shelters, oceans, buildings, basically anywhere where the disaster isn't happening will do to escape it. So instead of freezing people when they go offline, don't go offline in the first place, problem solved.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2016-09-18 14:45:46

Yes, it is easy to escape disasters. But why must it Admins only can make disasters? Why must it not be automated when it can? I saw you mention about someone pm you when disaster happens in the bear forest, but what has that got to do with admin escaping disaster? In reality admins can just sit anywhere they like, then type a few commands to bom the other map that they are not in. How is it fair to players?

2016-09-18 18:05:34

conundrum wrote:

Yes, it is easy to escape disasters. But why must it Admins only can make disasters? Why must it not be automated when it can? I saw you mention about someone pm you when disaster happens in the bear forest, but what has that got to do with admin escaping disaster? In reality admins can just sit anywhere they like, then type a few commands to bom the other map that they are not in. How is it fair to players?

I'm going to put out an example that happened a while back, and it does apply to me.
I was in the fishingvillage, saw there are lots of people near me, so decided to bomb it. I just did what everyone else could do, fled into the ocean. By walking, not by anything else. One of the main rules is that admins, if they are playing for what ever reason, are NOT allowed to use any admin command unless something requires intervention like unknown area or similar. In such cases, we play like everyone else, eat, drink, and even die by accident.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-18 20:29:37

As much as I agree that disasters should spawn on their own, it's possible that Sam hasn't found a clean way of doing it yet.

2016-09-18 20:48:50

Just out of curiocity really, but what makes manual versus auto launch so different? I mean, disasters already are as random as they can get, so I really don't get the why.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-18 21:09:18

I'd personaly like the disasters to stay manual, cause admins have total control of them and they decide wether the disaster deals a big damage or not.

Greetings.
My twitter

2016-09-18 21:11:30

I think the desasters should be random since this game aims to be realistic.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-09-19 05:29:33 (edited by conundrum 2016-09-19 05:30:32)

@criticview good to know that you are doing that. I want to just clarify that I am not acuse admins of randomly bringing disasters, but just to say that because it is manual, that kind of thing is really possible. And to your second question, it is not random when it is manual.
@Amine whether it deals a big damage or not is not a big problem. It's not like admins go and check everyone  health before they launch disasters. so if your health at that time is 300, and one of the admin decided to launch disaster which takes 333 health, you will still die if you do not make it on time to run to other maps.

2016-09-19 07:50:12

It's still random, due to the fact you just never know when and or who launches anything. And there are times when no disasters hapen, but like yesterday two or three in the same map can happen too. Besides, as i pointed out in a previous poast, someone has to be around to check who does what, so that propper measures can be taken. If it would go automatically, that would not be the case.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-20 15:34:56

I notice the windows key, alt key, and shift key sometimes stuck when StW is on. but after exit from STW the problem is gone. It is annoying especially when I need to switch windows to do other things while the character is sleeping. Are those keys set to disable when the game is running? if yes, how do I bypass it?

Thank you.

2016-09-20 18:53:20

Hi, i don't have that problem

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2016-09-21 16:42:42

can someone tell me how to drive the boat inn STW?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2016-09-21 17:11:22

I really can't understand! Some of you guise don't want anything to be changed. I really agree if disasters spawn randomly. So they will be more, And at least game get's a bit exsite.
There all lots of people that they think like me. But some of you guise always want to game be frozen, Everything be on admins hand, And the importent thing, Make it unrealistic.
I think disasters don't happen by someones command in the real world.
Do you remember that teleporter and death free card drama, Well i'm not gonna talk about it just all I want to say is please, respect others opinians, Too! They are also players.
I know you guise will bring another reason To werds my comment, And you prubbebly will not agree with me.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2016-09-21 19:32:51

@flame_elchemist, to drive the boat:
1. face the direction you want to paddle in. if you want to go south, face south. also make sure you are in the water, or where it says you can't go on without a boat.
2. put paddle in one hand, boat in the other.
3. press t and continue doing it till you're on the other side. if you have higher energy, you can go faster, lower the energy, slower.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-09-22 12:37:24

Games and realism are close yet far away from one another. Rabits that come alive after a while when you kill them, zombies that kindly wait a while before they smash a window to try and munch you, run around with ten weapons with two differend modes and a bunch of ammo not to forget, drive a car with only someone telling you left or right, wooden shelters that can stay up in a tree even if the tree is down, corpses of people that stay around until the server restarts or the items cleared or someone picks it up, your character waiting on a command before it defends itself, the list is enless. Up to a certain hight, things can be realistic, and after that, it gets into the game atmosphere. What i'm trying to say is that every game always has something that doesn't fully fit reality, either because it fits the story, or because people love bloodbaths etc etc. Reasons why things are as they are can be found in poastes above, and as long as it doesn't change, deal with it. At least now, we can be sure that 80 percent of those who go offline during a disaster are caught, and propperly punished, while, when everything would be automatic that number might drop to 50 or even 20, depending on time, availability etc etc.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-22 16:10:45 (edited by conundrum 2016-09-22 16:11:52)

In fact you do not have to catch them. Just make it so those who goes offline during disaster will die, and that number will increase from 80% to 100%. By automatic disasters you do not wait nor depending on admin, time, availability etc etc to have it happen. You do not give impression that when admin is online disasters are bound to happen, and no disasters will ever happen when there are no admin.
I am somewhat sure admins will be willing to sacrifice the power of spawning disasters and let those who have a lot of dfc think that they are not spared when they cheat during disasters.

2016-09-22 21:47:41

Well, the few people actually killed due to going offline more than once during a disasters both had dfc's and didn't have them, so i can assure you that no one with or without dfc's is spaired. The only problem with fully automated disasters is that they can not adjust to players: quantity, reaction, and so on. You know, i'd be glad to not spawn disasters because it's always a time of paying very close attention to everything, but from the other side, it's impossible to leave them unattended, because of what i said. All in all, better to launch them manually so they can be reviewed before they launch, and increased in case of reactions etc.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-23 04:16:45

criticview wrote:

Well, the few people actually killed due to going offline more than once during a disasters both had dfc's and didn't have them, so i can assure you that no one with or without dfc's is spaired. The only problem with fully automated disasters is that they can not adjust to players: quantity, reaction, and so on. You know, i'd be glad to not spawn disasters because it's always a time of paying very close attention to everything, but from the other side, it's impossible to leave them unattended, because of what i said. All in all, better to launch them manually so they can be reviewed before they launch, and increased in case of reactions etc.

Thank you Akilor for the explain. So now we should no it's impossible this will be put in the game.
On the other hand I want to thank Samtupy for taking seriously into improving the store. register accounts to pay is not a bad idea because you can maybe help catch cheaters. And also thank you for making that ID be send to email. Hope after this will reduce payment ID problem.

2016-09-23 06:39:51

hi
i think it's time for me to come up with my thoughts
regarding the disasters. yeah, it would feel more realistic if they spawn random, but on the other  hand i can understand the admins too.
but an other thing that is totaly realistic is the adiction system.  it's not realistic that adiction should go up random because in real life, you are not adicted if you just smoke 1 ciggarette. let me give an example how stewpid this system is
from 8% adiction i smoked a ciggarette and got 26%adiction, then, i smoked 2 ciggarettes again, and the adiction went up  46%
in the real life. there is no chance that you will get adicted if you smoke 3 ciggarettesl