2016-09-16 10:20:46

I really wish there was an easy way to get at the spelling of the cities and connecting areas you go through. The pocket copter is good for all the places with hotels, but for some place like sqien path, not so much. At least, that's how it's spelled in the guide. Yeah, it would be neat if we could just have some way to review previously spoken messages. People's names? Names of connecting areas? Messages from damage output? Trains and stats gained from leveling? Dialog from tamers or people you've talked to who gave you hints on where to go next? All of the above seems like it would be useful to someone at some point.

2016-09-16 11:12:06

Certain lines can be caught that way, actually. Any dialogue you get can be captured to clipboard with the z key, then you can paste it into a document or something with control v.
This doesn't work for absolutely everything, but for dialogue in particular it does. It also doesn't work for place names, I'm afraid.
I saw a beta tester early in this thread call it Sqien Path, so that's how I spell it. If someone knows that's wrong, do let me know.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-09-16 13:14:40

Actually, I found a way to find names for things. Set Manamon to screen reader mode, and in NVDA's general preferences dialog, set the log level to "input/output." Then, go to the place that you want to find the spelling for, or go to it in the copter menu. NVDA will speak its name. Then go to the log viewer in the tools menu. The spoken text should be somewhere near the bottom of the log.

2016-09-16 15:14:40

Is it better for murkits to have more physical or magic attack? I currently don't have any magical attacks, only bite, pounce, and evil eyes. Someone posted about black mana and oblivion slash. They sound like physical moves, but I don't know if they are and I'm trying to get this thing to at least ivolve once before I dump it if I have to. I'm going to try and get to level 13 or 14 before I take on the first stadium. Also, is the chingle you get from the belltower good for anything? It only does 2 to 8 damage with sound wave, and I can't find anything weak to sound. I'm going to try to level it up in the Amika woods to see if I can get it to learn sing so I can put things to sleep.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2016-09-16 19:28:13

Murkit gets absolutely no special attacks. It does get Oblivion Slash, which is a nice physical attack running off Murkit's high physical attack stat. BlackMana is a move that doesn't require stats. It's a little inaccurate, but it will remove half a foe's max HP if it hits. Only gets 2 use points though.

Chingle takes quite awhile to come into its own, as far as attacking goes. It will eventually get Volume Level (which will do a little more damage based on your level), and Slam (physical standard attack). When it transforms at level 30, it picks up a secondary type (holy), and will get access to Heaven's Winds after awhile (special air and holy attack). Bellaard's attacking stats are fairly decent on both sides, its HP is fairly good, its special defense is pretty good...really, only its defense is below average.

2016-09-16 20:38:45

(SPOILERS)
Woo! Just had a pretty epic fight with Irrodium. I started out with Snowmonno, Grandlan and Garganchan, and put some equipment on them to cover some of their vulnerabilities.
Tunneled with Grandlan, got a few power kicks in with Garganchan, but it died pretty fast to magic dragon. Snowmonno hit Irrodium with unending curse and fridgid touch. Eventually, I got lucky enough to copy meteor rush from Irrodium, and hit him with that. Brought Thornita in after Garganchan died, and hit him with acid slap until it died. Went through the rest of my team, hitting him until lall I had left was Snowmonno and Grandlan. I had Snowmonno start snowball, and used Grandlan to keep it alive. So glad I kept snowball around. Grandlan eventually died, but by then, snowball was already doing massive damage. I thought I wasn't going to make it, but the last snowball hit did over 100 damage. Haha.

2016-09-16 22:36:16

where is chingle?

2016-09-17 00:09:25

Please either look in my guide, or use the search feature here on the forum. You cannot possibly miss Chingle if you're playing the game, so this definitely qualifies as a silly question.

2016-09-17 01:13:39

@Jayde
I have a few questions regarding your written guide for Manamon I'd like to ask:

1. Why is the Location and description of the Manamon Breeder not in the guide?
I am asking because you explained the arcade and telephones in the guide, but not the breeding and the mechanics behind it.

2. I remember reading that at first you can't do anything with a damaged statue in Mineruff Tunnel and that you should later revisit this area.
I however am sure that the guide doesn't explain further what you might later do with the statue and when (in the storyline)  this would be possible.

3. I also think, but I might be wrong here, that someone back in this Topic said that you would have to revisit the belltower at some Point after you first beat the bellmaster and after you get your own Chingle.
If this is inded true, shouldn't this also be mentioned in the guide at whatever Point it might become relevant?

I am asking because as far as I know it, your guide seems to be nearly complete with only a few things possibly missing from it.
Thus it would be nice if you can complete it so that all relevant Information are in a better Format than being totally scattered through this rather huge Topic.

2016-09-17 02:12:38

To address your questions each by each:

1. I didn't mention the breeder? That's a huge dropped ball on my part. I thought I had, and I obviously haven't. I will add a section on the breeder. Thanks for pointing that out.

2. The statue in Mineruff Tunnel...I didn't actually say you had to do something with it. What I said was that it will be important later, and it is.
slight
spoilers
Octoross took a few pieces of it to enable his ritual for summoning Irroadium.
I never said that you had to come back, or that you, the player, would have to use it.

3. Regarding the belltower: I have gone back there, and never seen anything of any interest there. So someone did mention that you could go back, but as yet I have never seen any reason to do so.

Thanks for the info though. That breeder thing really was kind of a dumb thing to miss.

2016-09-17 02:24:43

uh Jayde? where is your guide, the link is not in your post. i will replay manamon  for real this time, capturing everything and stuff.

2016-09-17 02:34:32

The lnk is in my signature. It's a dropbox link.

So, two things:
I edited the guide to include a Manamon Breeder section. And yup, I had definitely missed that, soshame on me.
I also went back real quick to check the belltower. Now, unless you have to come here during a specific window, or with a specific manamon, or before a certain point in the game, I can safely assure you that no, there is nothing to be gained by coming back here. Everyone says the same stuff, including the guy on the top floor. If any of you know he changes when some specific condition is met, I'd like to hear it, but given this game's general lack of complexity regarding its quests, I doubt it.
Heck, maybe if you have a Bellaard between level 35 and 37 with Dissonant Chime and a Mega Mic equipped and an attack stat of greater than 99 with a defense of lower than 62, he will rematch you. Stranger things have happened.

And no, that snark is not aimed at any user or users. It's just me being sarcastic about the sometimes exceedingly random requirements for quests or deeds in games in general. Generally, this game is free of those, though I've always found the convenient geology and route-blocking/route-unblocking quite amusing.

2016-09-17 03:39:51

well the link is not in your signeture. or i  don't see it.

2016-09-17 04:02:45

You probably have signature display turned off. Go to Jayde's profile page to see the signature.
I do the same thing, TBH. Lots of stupid and/or annoyng signatures out there. Heh.

2016-09-17 11:05:22

On a random note, where do all these silly genius people in the belltower get their chingles from? They seem to be abundant enough, and yet you cannot capture one anywhere. I guess it makes sense to have a few manamon you can't actually catch yourself anywhere, but since quite a lot of tamers in the early game seem to have them this seems to be a rather unfortunate choice.
Plus, the bell master says he captured the chingle he gave to you as well. Captured... From where, exactly? Now I wonder if they live in the bell of the belltower or something similarly weird, and since the bell was stolen you can't get any more.
Heavens winds is... Weird. So you have a holy and air attack, which is nice for fighting and plant and insect and such because they are weak to air. Except... Fighting resists holy, plant resists holy, insect resists holy. So you'll still be doing neutral damage. I guess it's a step up from trying to wail on those types with pure holy attacks, but I imagine it would still be better to just use something else. The only case where it'd be useful is if that's the only holy attack you have, but still... Meh.

2016-09-17 18:23:40 (edited by Jayde 2016-09-17 18:46:39)

I'd love to see Bellaard eventually get White Lance, since its attack is higher and it's a pure holy attack. I'd also like to see some physically-based sound moves, since the only sound moves we have that do damage are either sorta random (sound wave) or special (volume level, sonic missile). It's the one thing that totally gimps Rhinodyo. Nice attack, the move Call to Arms, lots of bulk...and no good same-type attacks to speak of.
I'm also not clear on why insects resist holy, or why holy is super-effective against ice. I could see, maybe, why sound is good vs. ice (sound waves break ice down or some such)...but holy? That's just insult to injury for poor ice types, who already have some pretty damning weaknesses. I think ice types should also resist water, personally.

Speaking of Bellaard, it does get Divine Protection to elp shore up its not-so-hot defense. That's cool. But after level 43 (when it gets Divine Protection), I'm pretty sure it's done. At level 60 it still hadn't learned anything else (I pumped 17 level-up herbs into it). By then, it had nice attacking stats, with physical attack slightly higher, and good special defense, mediocre speed, fairly good HP. This is another one of those manamon who could be so good with just a little tweak or two. It's still relying on Volume Level and Heaven's Winds, plus maybe Slam, for damage. Subliminal Radio Wave is neat, Sing is neat...but yeah.

Also also, Magmazire is not terrible, guys. Not at all. It gets Torch naturally, and the only stat that's not too hot is speed. Everything else is at least decent. I think Garganchan makes a better fire type if you can deal with its lack of speed and its secondary fighting type making it weak to a bunch more stuff, but Magmazire is all-around pretty solid.

The more manamon I see who have solid stats, the more I'm realizing that either 1. I've been overly critical before or 2. stats mean nothing if you don't have good moves. In the case of Magmazire, for instance...he really doesn't get a lot. Fire Stream, Torch, Fang Drain, Smoke Shield, Sandy Wind, and I've seen them use Poison Dart. Gets Ash Rain too, but since most flame moves have a chance to scorch anyway, I find this is a touch on the redundant side. Merembear might have lower stats in certain places (I'm not entirely sure, I'll have to check) but Merembear at least getsSlash, Roar and (I think) Blaze Rampage, which means its coverage is better.

So Aaron, if you're still reading this, here's my advice to you.
In a lot of cases (though by no means all) you've got manamon with decent stats who just don't do anything with them. Having three or four fire attacks on the same moveset is ridiculous, and having some more coverage options would be nice. I don't care how good something's stats are; on a team of six, I'm going to want coverage, not raw power, and if I can't get at least a little coverage from something, I'll drop it. To put this in perspective, I like Dramagon, I like Sacroloon as a special wall, I like Leonatar, I generally like Mortrex, I like Fiendour, and I like Mondevol. Almost everything else has a flaw holding it back, and in some cases (though again, not all) those flaws are just too big to get around. Viralite is far too frail. Sluggugg has far too little HP. Skirial is an early-game manamon but it's weak to freaking everything. Craggallem deals with a 55-power rock move for its strongest rock attack, I believe, and a 65-power move for its most reliable earth damage (sorry, Mudslide, but you're too inaccurate). Ghoperto gets no ghost moves as far as I know, but I'll catch one in the high 40s and see if it hasn't gotten Spirit Force in the high 60s.
Anyway, just more of my rambling. I am glad that things are being done by degrees, at least, as that's miles better than nothing.

2016-09-17 19:27:32

Hello, I think the master stadium could maybe have a second boss where the player has to fight another version of there team, in a six on six battle?

Also, it sounds that there is some equipment which lets you use the move torch, but I don't know where to get it: can someone tell me where to get it if it egsists?

2016-09-17 19:44:31

woooo! a new gift from VGStorm.com!
Gronk can use a variety of attacks, according to its physical description. This Gronk is no exception, and has some moves never before learnable by Gronk. But that's not it. there is a little something extra, too!

2016-09-18 00:49:56

sorry for double posting, i cot zinbat, it transformed, then as soon as it did i used star element on it, did i screw myself out of learning media rush?

2016-09-18 01:23:14

No you didn't, but you did screw yourself out of learning Wing Slash. I believe only Zintrabat learns that, at level 25 or so.

also, that gift Gronk is not precisely new. It's been out for a week or so I think.

2016-09-18 21:14:39

ok so i'm about to enter the jungle and my party looks like:
Niamanja, 35,
Orystar, 36,
Flammerick, 36,
and Jimitron, 36.
i'm planning to try hydrake, oand garoro or something. any tips?

2016-09-18 23:03:41

something i noticed. the technique cloak, is good for either dramagon or dracomier.  since they're weak to dragon moves,  so  the  dragon moves off of mythics and stadium master's dragon,  shouldn't do as much. 

current team,
dramagon 59 with drench, wind force, draco breaker, rehydrate, and dragon fang
equiped with technique cloak
elvand 59 with inner healing, daring comback, magic wave, tri beam, and smoke and mirrors
equiped with blessed neclace  so all elvand needs to worry about in the weakness department is undead.
tunshano 59 with white lance, battle cry, power punch, inner healing and still holding takedown for now.
equiped with holy robe so all that needs to worry about is undead moves.
grandland 61 with toxic and scurge tails, metior rush,  tunnel and blaze rampage
holding grandland clay
mortrex, 62 with psycho trick, unending curse, night stick, diabolical fire, and radio wave
equiped with a ghostly hat.
dracomater, 62 with blaze rampage, elemental breath, stun volt, dragon burst and wing slash
equiped with an elemental crown

pitty for me both dragons aren't doing too bad, though dramagon's not doing as good in the master stadium.

contemplating dropping it for someone else, but not sure who.  and if I did, I'd probably need to run with the slots for a life tonic for who ever I decide to go with.

only ones who give me trouble really are the flying types, and not all of them, just marsheagle.  since the other 3 are weak to shadow, and ghost and fire.

I made it all the way to mathew  with out using any revives because I wanted to see how far I could get,  needless to say enchandathol creamed my fire dragon.  but I was only running through it for cash.

so, 10 medicle miricles, 10 revives, 10 strong herbs.

I may sell 5 medicle mericles  since status isn't as common in the master stadium and go for mighty herbs.  or just go for more strong herbs and revives.

I'm a blue eyed, pale pink, kitten.
A blue-eyed, pale pink, kitten that can smash the smashing out of people.
I'm mew, and you're going to get smashed.

2016-09-19 00:51:53

I'm surprised. I found Dramagon had more options in the master stadium than Dragomier did. At least Dramagon's Drench will fairly easily wreck most of the first tamer, and his typing means he's pretty resistant to a lot of the third stadium as well.

2016-09-19 01:01:02

i don't think hydrake is in the jungle, or if they are, they're really, really, really rare. jayde, i found some errors in your guide about rewards, the shadow children hideout and some others that i cant remember off the top of my head, sorry, tongue. i'm playing manamon and reading your guide, the audio blast eq is north 8 spaces without having to step west, strait north i think. still looking for hydrake, my team is level 39, i dropped mongia or how ever you spell it, it doesn't hit/has good defenses, when i catch hydrake i'll add him to my team and train him to 39 as well, i'd like to be at 45 when i hit tangirian tower but oh well.

2016-09-19 02:05:58

One thing I noticed about the jungle, and about several areas actually, is that Manamon appear in certain parts of it. I mean in some cases it's obvious, Reef and Fyngon only appear in water for instance, but especially in the jungle, at the beginning it was a lot of Pythor and Trumar, the watery parts had Torto and Friggle, and I ran into quite a few hydrake and Evillion in some sections deeper in. You can probably differentiate based on the sound of the footsteps, but once I found one Hydrake, staying in that particular spot allowed me to find another quite quickly. Of course, that could just be luck too, but yeah.

As for the gold rewards, I can think of a couple of things.
1. One of you probably had a golden medal on one of your mons, the other may not have.
2. The shadow children fights that scale probably also have scaling gold rewards. I know Pokémon's money rewards were autocalculated based on the type of trainer and their highest level, and I doubt Aaron would have gone through the trouble of manually setting every single tamer's gold reward, so he probably took a similar approach.