2016-09-17 22:07:16

Hi all, i accydentally pressed update on my i pad and now it's updating with very important photos and vidios, will they delete? from i-os 8 to 9. No backups has been made, and if they will be deleted, i'm dead...

2016-09-17 22:51:18

Don't worry much, if the update goes fine nothing will happen to your data.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-09-17 23:13:42

Everything should go fine. You should make more backups in the future though to lessen the impact if something were to go wrong.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2016-09-18 12:52:59

Well as people have said, ios 10 update shouldn't cause anything to be lost.
Is your Ipad set to backup from the cloud anyway?
If you've enabled data backup on Icloud then even if something were to happen your stuff would theoretically be okay.

This is what I've done with my Iphone, though mostly what is on there are games, phone contacts and aps since I don't use it for music etc.
I admit I would prefer to have control over the backups and backup directly onto an external drive, but almighty apple won't let me do that, even with the dreaded itunes so I'll just use the cloud for now.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-18 13:00:27

Ok guys, thanks for your support. The problem has been, um, no problem was, but anyway, rezolved. Nothing was lost.

2016-09-19 08:36:06

Well, Dark, you could actually move the backup manually once it has been created in iTunes. The only problem is that the software wouldn't see it then, and I'm not sure if you can manually specify a file path to a backup to restore from anywhere. However, it should still help you if you wanted to create more large backups and have them stored on an external drive to save some space on your main one. You could then only choose the one you actually want to rrestore from and put it back to the iTunes folder.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.