2016-09-14 18:27:28

inner fortress is hard, really hard, there's a paddern to it, same as in outer fortress. saddly i cant remember what it is, but you have to go to the right, well, you don't have to but it will make your life easier, go as far as you can till you hear the beep beep beep beep beep of tall field, jump in it and die, go all to the left and... yea! you finished the level!

sorry, but that was only a joke, hahahahaha! if you go to location 12, you'll have a check point, yup, thanks aaron, you'll make my life much harder now, jump over the electricity field, then... fire! all over the place! run for your life! avoid spikes at all costs, they will do a lot, and lot of damage if you step on one, don't worry about rays in less your health is low, they do around 13 damage per 1 hit. anyway go back right avoiding fire, you  relax, your hands remember the paddern when... suddenly... beep, beep, beep... it's getting closer! what is it! a moving teleporter? will it take you out of this hell? course no, it will do the other thing which will, kill you! hehehehehe! jump over it and continue to the right till you finish the level and get ready for final showdown!

as for me, i beet up rusty once on difficulty 3, then 7. unlocked 15 difficulty's, but need more attack before i'll battle him again, enemy's are getting a bit too strong. well, off for now. and good luck on the fortress! hang in there, buddy, don't give up! your almost there!

2016-09-14 18:34:51

I'll try again later. smile

Still wondering about the achievements I should have gotten and haven't. sad

2016-09-14 19:55:07 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2016-09-14 20:09:29)

Just tried to get 100 kills in Downloads on a new save file. I didn't lose any lives and just tried to get it by killing the bird after getting past the viruses. No dice. sad

edit: Never mind. Had to complete the level to get the achievement. I wish I'd thought of that sooner. Now it's only the "Foolish Character!" one I have to get. I got the smaller one but the bigger one is proving tiresome to acquire. Maybe it scales with your health...

2016-09-14 22:25:25

if by the scaled word you mean they will do more damage as your health goes up? yes.

2016-09-14 22:35:32

This game is murder on keyboards and hands alike. It is badly balanced and murderously hard, and I don't think it's being supported anymore.

My advice: play another platformer.

I tried this one. I had a little fun with it. The concept is quite interesting actually. But after I kept getting murdered left and right, after my hands began to hurt, I decided a game was simply not worth injuring myself for.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-09-14 22:59:23

@Jayde, yes, it's hard, but it's also fun, at least for me. I usually stop to rest for a bit if my hands or arms start complaining. When I get a challenge like this, I want to overcome it. That's part of how I roll. I know the game is no longer supported, but it is complete, it's the best thing I've seen made in BGT and it's inspired me to get back into coding in that engine because I've seen what can be done with it. I may get sore shoulders sometimes, but I don't begrudge the 180 mb I used to download this game.

@Amerikranian, I meant does the damage required to get the achievement scale up if you raise your health? I know you get more damage from the items if you raise your health, which is part of why I did it. I wanted to get the achievement faster. It does not seem to be working, however. I don't understand why I cannot get the received-a-total-of-2k-damage-from-items accomplishment when I've run the trap item at the beginning of the Windows folder dozens of times and losing 50 + health each time I activate it. According to my calculations, I should have gotten the accomplishment long since.

2016-09-16 23:21:54

hey Jayde, how adventure at c is hard? how were you getting killed left to right in less you have gotten to windows? i agree it's a  lot of button mashing, but it's a good  game, one of the best i've played.

2016-09-18 07:42:54

Still haven't gotten the 2000-damage-from-items achievement! What's the deal?

2016-09-18 15:38:08

hi al... this is my first tyme playing the game and i'm at rusty's battle... I can do the first phase, but the segond phase... I don't understand it. If I dye, rusty's healtwill be reset? how can I kill him more faster?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2016-09-18 18:26:38

Stay ahead of rusty and wait for him to place an obstical, then attack him.
Your laizer does lots of damage, but once that runs out you'll be stuck with your knife.
Just keep hitting him and he'll die eventually.
Later!

2016-09-23 02:23:54 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2016-09-23 02:26:24)

I still haven't beaten Rusty. The darned inner fortress keeps getting me every time and I don't want to waste that many lives just trying to get to the end of it. I have made it there twice now, the second time without losing many lives in the previous levels, but I have lost over 100 lives just in that level each time I tried to get through it, and I didn't make it back to where I started in any of those attempts. Either the teleporter would get me, I'd accidentally land on an electric barrier, or a spike would get me one too many times. I was starting to get the hang of the pattern before I gave up yesterday, but I swear the obstacles start getting closer together at some point... I feel like Rusty will be easy compared to this insanity...
I still haven't gotten the "Foolish Character!" achievement I've mentioned a bazillion times before, and am pretty much convinced it scales up when you raise your health, but at this point I don't care. I need all the health I can get. So I just killed that bird in Downloads about 700 times to get the "Killed 1000 animals" achievement. Well worth the grinding. I got 50k bits and spent most of them on health upgrades! I got a few more attack as well, but that isn't helping me kill the viruses and such in Windows any faster. At least I have more of a chance of surviving the delete rays and spikes, though with the spikes you lose huge chunks of health and I really don't like that, especially in the inner fortress where you're basically going to land on one thing or another because you can only runjump about eight spaces at a time and you're trying to outrun the fire, and eventually your sheer luck runs out... Have you worked out yet that I hate the inner fortress?

2016-09-23 02:52:23

rusty will be hard, though not as hard as inner fortress, all i can tell you is let teleporter get a bit close and jump over it, i jump more  then 8 spaces, eather 10 or 12, but that's because i practicly hit the arrow keys. if you still cant jump over it, kary made a walkthrough of AAC, hey kary! can you do the post game one? yes, only through the rusty fight, but she passes inner fortress with almost not losing any lives. there is a paddern if you look for it, i cant tell you what  is it, but i will make a recording of me playing windows up to rusty folder tomorrow or on weak end. it might help hearing how you can do it, though it sounds easier then doing it yourself. and dude, wait for it, it only gets worse in the post game... all i'm saying.

2016-09-23 05:58:39 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2016-09-23 06:10:32)

I noticed the pattern, but knowing which obstacles are ahead of you doesn't always help, especially when the distance between them can vary, and with so many dangers so close together anyways, it's way too easy to jump one barrier or spike only to land on another, and I try to hit the arrow keys as fast as I can, but at the same time I'm scared to jump too far in case there are three obstacles close together, so if there's a spike or barrier alone I tend to run close to it and jump over it, then jump the next thing and hope I don't land under the delete ray if there is one on the other side. There's something at least every five steps, and I don't want to break my keyboard trying to move faster than I do and risk landing on something deadly at the same time. If I could just make it to a checkpoint other than the fire one I'd be okay, I hope, but I can't and it's a bloody nightmare...

edit: Also, I don't know how to close my game and keep the quicksave of when I get through each level of the folder, so I have to start over again every time, and the first corrupt sector in Windows just loves to eat me. I don't know how wide it is, but I know the near edge has a delete ray over it, so I have to get as close as I can to it and then jump the sector. I have to pound the arrow to make it across or I fall in and lose a life. I refuse to go into windows with anything less than 255 lives, and if I lose more than three in the first level I quit. I'm terrified that if I don't have enough lives when I get to Rusty, I'm toast, which is why I so deeply despise the Inner Fortress. I was down to 140 lives yesterday and most of those losses were from that stage, so I quit, partly because I wasn't sure if that number of lives would be enough to face Rusty with and partly because I was so. Totally. Sick. Of hearing. That scream/dying music combo. I dreamed about this game last night, dreamed about finally getting to Rusty. But today when I tried I couldn't jump that stupid first sector in Windows again because my hand was too tired, and I couldn't even achieve the speedrun of My Music. How are you supposed to get that done in 1 minute 30? The bloody Capcha has to be done right the first time and you have to kill all your enemies before you can do it and the bomb only blows up after a certain time and even doing half of Mary Had a Little Lamb and getting a "Good Enough" so you can move on, My best time was 2 minutes and 1 second. I need more bits! Why can't I ever lose enough health and get more bits ...? *cries*

2016-09-25 01:32:31

dude, obsticles are the same distance. if you memorize the paddern then your safe. i don't really know how far the things are apart, well, my head doesn't, my hands do, though. i just played windows and beet inner fortress in 6min and 28sec. keep trying is all i can say, in less you want to put up your safe file and i can play it for you, i'll play only to rusty though. but you'll have to learn how to do it if you want an achievment.

2016-09-27 07:38:33 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2016-09-30 11:57:35)

I did it! I beat the game on my birthday! My poor hands ... But it was totally worth it! I'm not stepping foot in Program Files X86 until I've done something about my stats, though, so it's time to run the levels and get me some bits. big_smile

After I've given my hardworking limbs a day or two off. xD

2016-10-05 14:01:20

I have now defeated Rusty on Dif Mod 12, earning me the achievement and 100k bits! Rusty's tough but I'm always more worried about First Phase than Second. Second just requires a lot of patience. First requires lots of knifing (lasers aren't fast enough), and then giving yourself a chance to dash off and find the next Invincibility item, which could spawn anywhere, even behind you!, And if Rusty gets too close you die. Once I'm past the first phase, I relax. Now to boost my attack and defense some, and my health even more, and try and tackle Program Files x86. Those delete rays in there hit dang hard...

The status on my save file is now "Ridiculously Addicted Player", btw. I can't say the computer's wrong...

2016-10-07 09:20:10 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2016-10-07 09:22:45)

Gah, the speed runs aren't happening for me. I know My Music back to front, and I also know the puzzles don't trigger unless you beat all the enemies before them, and the boss won't appear until you've beaten all the enemies before him, and the best time I've gotten is 1 minute and 45 seconds. I have 84 attack, 65 defense and 800 health, and I'm moving as fast as I can and still kill all the enemies, and completing the puzzles as quickly as possible, so what am I doing wrong?

edit: And this is with no dif mod enabled. I wouldn't have a hope of completing the challenge otherwise. And also I picked My Music because I thought it was the easiest. Other levels have loads of obstacles like Desktop's proliferation of teleport pads and My Document's delete rays, and the last three just keep getting worse.

2016-10-08 10:50:51

Seriously, how the heck do you even get the speed run achievements? The puzzles don't trigger unless you've killed all the enemies before them and I can't do that while runjumping at the same time! I have to stop to kill them and that takes up time I'm trying not to waste!

2017-01-04 07:08:28

Hi!
In January2015 i created a adventure ad C stages repository, this is a normal index of. To upload your and other stages to this game please go on <a href="http://pixeldash.pl/upload.php"></a>

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2017-01-04 07:09:57

To download a existing stages please go to
http://pixeldash.pl/aac-stages

Mao!
--

2017-01-04 18:47:53

OK, i translate uploader to english language addres
http://pixeldash.pl/upload.php

Mao!
--

2017-01-05 07:23:24

Hi all, can someone explain to me how the cyber star works?

2017-01-07 23:00:54

it works like a standart weapon.
You must ent of the game to using this.

Mao!
--

2017-01-08 00:08:57

It's for doing damage to multiple  enemies at a time. I believe you can only use it every 10 seconds. And it takes away a small percentage of your health every time you fire it.

2017-04-04 14:19:46

I moved to a new computer so had to start over with a new file. I got done a lot faster than before, thanks to prior experience!

Now I'm trying to beat the Arena. I managed to get as far as the Rusty copy without too much difficulty, but once I got to him I started dying over and over. The item that spawns is a power pack instead of invincibility, so I assume I have to kill him with my laser, but I know from previous experience that it takes longer to kill him with the laser than to do so with the knife because you can hit more times with the knife within a short span of time. But since I'm not getting invincibility I fear it'll take forever... And he's so darn fast on top of that, so I get like two hits in and then have to jump to avoid him, and that means a lot of fast fingerwork, and my arms were already worn out from all the other bosses...