2016-09-16 12:24:59

My account for the dam game keeps getting removed, And i am not doing anything to worent this. then i have to create another account, and loos my progress. I have tryed telling an admin wile i was logged in, and Sam himself, but the admin got condisending, and Sam never answerd my message.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

2016-09-16 12:38:05

maybe your name is to short?

2016-09-16 13:07:21

That's what I was thinking of as well. I think names under 3 charactors will be deleted unless if it's a premium account.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2016-09-16 13:41:08

Well, a factory for bombs, plains, fuel etc. Maybe there is one hidden undeground, that well protected that no one can enter, see, or know about it big_smile and airports are not needed if the plain is just flying over, not using the place of bombing as a starting point. Then, as for a player running around with missiles, that's a no no, no human can run around with things this heavy that a plain should cary them.
Recreate an account and lose progress? What account and what progress?
As for the looking bug and the vending machine, that's not supposed to happen, and I'm fairly sure that if Sam knew why it happened and what causes the issue, fixing it would not be far off. But, big projects can get complicted, and the longer they are built on, the more complicated they get. So, the best thing you can do is use /admintell in game to notify us of things not going the way the should, and we will try our best to solve what we can.
Last but not least, the main reason why bombings and other disasters are not game random but an admin "super power" is so that no one can escape the cheap and cheaty way. When a disaster happens, we know where, we know when, and we also know who goes offline during one. That way, no one escapes the disasters unharmed. Because it's fairly simpel: if the game would throw out disasters randomly, since it seems to be hard and difficult for some players to play fair, they would escape all the disasters unharmed, and is that fair? Say joe34 goes offline 10 times when the forest is on fire, causing everyone to lose 500 health every time, would that be fair if no one is around to take care that he does get what he deserves?

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2016-09-16 15:08:19

ah, so admins is some kind of gods in this game?, still though, I think the disaster should be random. maybe sam could make something like notification to an admin if someone went offline when disaster happends.
I got no problem with disaster, just run away from that map as fast as you could. and health that you loss isn't that mutch. lol still remember when I drunk on the tafern yesterday and then disaster come, I tryed to escape, but my char act so crazy lol, so yeah, kaboom , I just loss a little bit of my health.

2016-09-16 15:19:50

at jason: notifications could work, but then what if no one is around to receive them, that doesn't make sence either. Besides, being god on this game has nothing to do with being admin. In the first place, the responsibility that the game is fairly played, and that things are going smooth, that's what admins are doing. If they launch a disaster, well, that's part of the game, so why not. I'm very sure that if gift boxes would spawn whenever an admin wanted, no one would complain. But, if it's something that forces you to act, run away, or that damages you, complaints seem to be the easy way out.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-16 15:50:24

Well said in that last post akilor. First. About not listening or not responding to messages. Skype? 宝 name, live:skypename; Offline  not selected  566 of 566. it's like 8:40 AM and already, Today (7)  separator  1 of 9. That's just today and the day hardly started. Email? Keep in mind this is not knew, but this has generated sence very late 2013 and started getting crazy around last year. You have 6496 new messages. I get several a day including spam. And i'm a human. Sometimes I see the message, don't have time to reply then forget about it later. Come on, your not the only one that messages me. And I have school and my fair time off the computer. So there's why sometimes I don't listen or I'm not available etc etc. And now, for admins. We do, need examples, reguardless of how odviest it scemes to you what is going on. See, the thing is, admin accounts aren't supposed to technacly play the game and use the move command or what ever all the time. It's therefor map building or when a player needs help. Want it gone? Fine, but then don't compain when your stuck in the unknown area and no one can help you. See? That is just an example. Also with out that command, good buy all new maps from admins, allhelp when a player gets stuck, etc etc. So what discriminating. Please explain, and I will talk to the admins about it. Now the realistic stuff. If you want I can talk about in the new story about how there is a secret base someware. Radiation? Yeah I get that. The hospital is abandoned. I'm not going to sentence all my players to certain death by coing to the wrong map. Thus, no radiation poisoning. What vending machine bug? Wasn't aware there was one, or forgot about it.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-09-16 16:03:21

ah , I see, better keep it as this, then

2016-09-16 16:55:09 (edited by Mayana 2016-09-16 16:55:56)

@americranian That wasn't a joke by an admin but, a rock slide. Mountains are dangerous places, sometimes a wrong step or a sound could trigger a rockslide in real life, this is the game version of that. Playing random sounds on the in game maps that players can get to, like main land, mountain, pine forest, etc. is not allowed. I believe no admin would joke with that.

@ernie, make sure that your account name has more than 4 letters, and doesn't consist of only numbers. Those accounts will get deleted during a spam clearing. If your name is fine, and you have more than just the starting inventory, and the problem consists, we'll look into it and see what's wrong.

@David Artery, you sure did give the word discrimination a new meaning. Allways thought to discriminate ment to hate on someone, because of their race, nationality, gender, age, orientation, etc. Guess I'll have to read the dictionary! But if one of the admins actually is doing so, please post examples here. Hell, whatever discrimination you might mean, examples would be welcome.
You say that admins should have only ability to ban and unban, and nothing else. Well, akilor already pointed out the problem with that and catching cheaters, so I'll talk about things that don't end with bans. Lets just say, if someone is stuck. Being able to look at them is very good at that case, because we can see if they are in a building or not, in the ocean, underwater, etc. and can act acordinly. It would be kind of annoying to have to ask people to trust you each time. If we were looking at cheaters, that would be even more problematic (just imagin having to send a pm to a player "Hello, could you please trust me, so I can look at you and see if you are cheating?" big_smile
Being stuck in unknown areas is also a good reason to have the moving. Just imagin what would happen if admins could only ban and unban, not clear spam accounts, clear items, move people or themselves, look people without trust needed ...
It would be a mess. People would be stuck in unknown areas and would have to kill themselves. Cheaters would cheat, unpunished. If someone died do to a bug, admins would not be able to help them. For every "power" that we admins have, there is a good reason. We might be able to do more things from the users, but we are ultimatly to help the userbase, not work against it. Except for spammers, or cheaters. Those are not welcome here, but I'm sure that's the same in most multi players.
Akilor's right though. If admins were giving endless amounts of items to players, I'm sure that nobody would complain, even though that actually would be abuse of their powers. Not everything that you don't like is discrimination you know?

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-09-16 17:51:24

about the radiation thing, what you could do sam is have the following happen. When you press shift enter on a map entrance, it will do this: As you near the shore/entrance, you begin to develop an uneasy feeling, it seems invisible dangers lie ahead. Do you still wish to continue? The game would give you a yes or no prompt, yes would enter you into the map, no would not do anything. Radiation suits could be added and picked up at the camp ground.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-09-16 18:12:57

While that's a nice idea, connor, currently the only way to get to the village is through the city, so if radiation really did just  kill you after a courten time, it would be problematic for the new users. Unless the city is moved, I guess, or there's a way around it compleatly

2016-09-16 19:20:38

this is why I suggested radiation suits, they'd protect you.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-09-16 23:08:37

ok i'm back and i've read all the posts  here, i agree with some and disagree with others, but all i want to say is: maybe admins should not have an ability to place bombs, make rocks move in the mountins, or anything, they can still look without someone having to trust them, they can still copy inventory and stuff, they can still move players, but remove the ability of admins to play a sound as though they made the item cleer, or someone is no longer being a newbie, because when i hear this sound i think something impordent has happend, and i found out that an admin is having way too much with admin powers. well that's it, and i'm sorry for bringing this up, i just felt for my point to be a bit more cleer.

2016-09-17 07:09:36 (edited by conundrum 2016-09-17 08:17:57)

momo7807 wrote:

Hi
I don't play this game anymore, but I wanna say many many unrealistic things and admin power.
1. Sam, let me ask you, are admins magicians? How does an admin causes random disasters on a normal area? Could you explain it in realistic way? Why does a disaster happens on normal area? I mean, what's the reason. There's no sign of a disaster, like global warming, an active volcano, etc.
Everything happens because of admins.
2. unrealistic things are everywhere. For example, why are the gift shop and gas station always burning? If a bulding catch on fire, that bulding must been destroyed after certain amount of time is past.
How do you sleep in the deep ocean? If you can, try that in your real life and you will die. Sleeping underwater? that is really stupid.
How can you safely drink ocean water using your pot? Try that in your real life.
How can you naturally cure yourself from radiation? At least you will have to go to the hospital or use health scanner to find if there is a cancer in your body. If anything serious has been found, you will have to go to the hospital for treatment.
Teleporters and Dfcs, again, should be removed.
I don't care if you read this post or not, as I don't play this game anymore, but I'm posting this because I want these problems to be fixt.
Thanks

Hi Momo, as you don't play you do not know what is happening around in the new update. You are just imagining base on what you read here. Let me add on something.
1. Let the natural disaster spawn by itself, no need admin interference, as it is called natural disasters, not admins disasters. If the user goes offline, then you should program the system to automatically put on karma points for the user. the higher the point that user accumulate, the higher the damage they will suffer the next time a disaster appears, even losing more than 1000 health. This is to make it fair for all, so even admin won't escape disasters. as now, admin can spawn disasters in places they're not in, and they don't have to suffer natural disasters.
2. no one sleeps under water, to think of that is even more stupid.
3. about removing dfc and teleporter, let me ask all of you, or we can make a pole to see the response. Are you willing to pay a dollar or 2, or even more, like what Swamp did to keep the server running? I now think Sam should consider this since people are crying over the unfairness of dfc and teleporter. make the game a paid subscription to offset the cost.
4. By the time everyone is talking about the new update, you guys should seriously look into security. If someone can unbanned themselves from the game, what meaning does it bring?
5. about staying long in the gas station or giftshop, if people do not like it burning, there can be another ways to prevent those. You can just limit items to be picked up by users in a day, or implementing a taxing system. this can be equivalent to modern days scenario for staying in a motel or something similar, where if you stay at a specific place too long, you have to pay. in STW, tax should be automatically collected from users inventory, from the most valuable items to the least. Just like if you stay above a specified time you will get tax 1% of your inventory items, and it keeps increasing each STW days. People who just sit and wait to collect items in the gas station for long will find it actually not beneficial because their good items will be tax.

2016-09-17 08:14:56 (edited by conundrum 2016-09-17 08:20:11)

Sam_Tupy wrote:

Well said in that last post akilor. First. About not listening or not responding to messages. Skype? 宝 name, live:skypename; Offline  not selected  566 of 566. it's like 8:40 AM and already, Today (7)  separator  1 of 9. That's just today and the day hardly started. Email? Keep in mind this is not knew, but this has generated sence very late 2013 and started getting crazy around last year. You have 6496 new messages. I get several a day including spam. And i'm a human. Sometimes I see the message, don't have time to reply then forget about it later. Come on, your not the only one that messages me. And I have school and my fair time off the computer. So there's why sometimes I don't listen or I'm not available etc etc. And now, for admins. We do, need examples, reguardless of how odviest it scemes to you what is going on. See, the thing is, admin accounts aren't supposed to technacly play the game and use the move command or what ever all the time. It's therefor map building or when a player needs help. Want it gone? Fine, but then don't compain when your stuck in the unknown area and no one can help you. See? That is just an example. Also with out that command, good buy all new maps from admins, allhelp when a player gets stuck, etc etc. So what discriminating. Please explain, and I will talk to the admins about it. Now the realistic stuff. If you want I can talk about in the new story about how there is a secret base someware. Radiation? Yeah I get that. The hospital is abandoned. I'm not going to sentence all my players to certain death by coing to the wrong map. Thus, no radiation poisoning. What vending machine bug? Wasn't aware there was one, or forgot about it.

About that email thing, I want to suggest that something be done in STW store. when you purchase things, the ID must also be sent to your email. When it involves money, most people will keep complaining in the game if they do not get the ID. so until Sam get online to solve the problem, the complain will never end.
What I see here, there must be some professionalism involve in the setup so that people feel confident to buy things, not to mention the good impression that you appreciate your players who contribute to the game.

2016-09-17 09:21:51

@amerikranian, that is what I'm trying to tell you. The only way for admins to play sounds would be if they edited a map. They are not allowed to do that on in game maps. The sound ofsomeone no longer being a newbie? That's not just someone playing the sound. That's eather a nodification, an admin clearing the spam characters, or surver garbage. Again, not playing of sounds, just a sound that playes when curten action is made.
A sound of an item clear? Pritty sure that doesn't have a sound. Cleared items quite many times so far myself, never heard the sound, except the beep when a item is no longer in your view, the same beep you hear if someone, or you, picks up the item, or you move away from it. If you mean some other sound, please, explain.

2016-09-17 10:58:42

Let me explain a few things here, before anyone starts thinking that admins escape disasters etc. This is total bullshit. I've had several ocasions where someone was in the bear forest, and suddanly that forest was on fire. Did he flee? no Did he go offline, no? Did i get a pm with "damn you"? yes

As for the sound you hear when nubies change etc, but than with other messages: that's only used when something important is happening like a few days ago me telling about what traiding fairly means, certainly in the case of payed items.
As for the cumulation of punishment points for disasters etc: no, no, and no. I'm not going to go into detail why not, because that could give some of you ideas, but trust me on this: if i say no, i have my reasons why not. Dont' get me rong: if the disasters go away from our command list, fine, i'm not attached to them, but there are several reasons why the game can not be left on its own for dealing with things, hence the need for admins.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-17 11:11:48

Hello, I see people complaning about disasturs, and the way how they're happening.
one thing you should really put in your mind before playing a game is:
the game is not really real  even if it has environmant like in our daly life, but at last it is a game in your pc.
I sau many and many mixing between problems in the game and there problems out of the net. Ok, you people are giving sometimes things wich they don't exist; just like to complain. Sleeping under water: I stil remember when I was trying with difrant ways to do it, but couldn't make it; your char wil never sleep under water even if you take a sleeping_pille, thus this thing doesn't exist at all, but I sau someone saying it in a post up sorry! but you  have to play the game and know it well after you can say things wich may help.
Well, back to disasters. we have to be thankfull because admins are the once they're doing them, because they are trying to do not kill people,; conserning the going off thing; I believe there were a MOTD, and a notify as well as a worning if you go off during a disaster, you'll be killed, but players keep doing it. if Sam wil make them spawn randomly,, people wil complain too, because they just wanna an easy way to play the game like what happened in the cave map. I my self never escaped from one because if you have 1000 health, 99% you won't die, unless you've a grate luck.
ok sam, you should maybe also make players start with 500 gifts, and 25 dfc's in there invs probably they wil like it, oh but stil don't you see it few? give them also some popcans. I really don't have anything to play if there is no challonge.
Finally, the payment thingy: we all know the game has one dev, and things like that are hard to code, of course sam wanna the game to be best, but drinking water is not like blowing the walls. we can talk and say, but we wil never know the value of the work, if we are not the onece whom doing it.
greetings.

2016-09-17 11:25:10

@hamada: there was no MOTD about going offline during disasters, but there was a general notification, and I do have my warnings ready for when i see it happen. smile
As for the sleeping under water: why would you want to anyway, if you are not careful you just die (wich is sleeping forever) but that can't be the kind of sleeping you want...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-17 12:40:02

Hi
I see people started complaining again about DFC's and teleporters aren't realistick!
firstly, oh well, this is a game, I have never seen in my life a game that doesn't have unrealistick things.
Secondly, if those get removed, get ready to pay Sam 50 dollars a month to keep the game running! Elss, bie bie survive the wild.
Third, I don't know if sleeping underwater is a new bug that recreated itself, but as far as I know that has been fixed sence diving underwater was added to the game, thus, I'd say, play the game, know it, then come here to talk.
Next, oh Sam, make disasters spawn automaticaly and make them take damage from 500 to 2000 so people wouldn't survive. Thank god we have admins to spawn disasters, admins usualy don't spawn disasters that can kill, especially on main land since there are newbies.
About people getting panished if they go offline during a disaster, it is unfair if you get hurt and others not cause they were cowards and ran offline like mouses!
I would myself reporte people to admins if they do such things.
At the end, some people have been asking oh Sam admins shouldn't have the ability to look at players if players don't trust them! If that happens, trust me, most of stw players would start cheating without any problems! And well you know, only someone who wants to cheat would complain about that thing usualy. big_smile
As Mayana said, who is the dum who would trust an admin if they request? Aw, only a few people would, right?Or I think, cheaters would? Oh boy give me a brake

Greetings.
My twitter

2016-09-17 12:44:37

Just wanted to repost to clearefy a point that I forgot, when you sleep in the ocean, boy, you sleep on a boat, not on water.

Greetings.
My twitter

2016-09-17 16:28:18

Let me say few things here.
1. Sleeping underwater, I thought it is, because when you press the r key while you are in the deep ocean, you hear a water splash. Then you can sleep after some time.
2. About the payment system no, I didn't say that the payment system should be removed. I said teleporters and By dfcs should be removed, because it is unbalanced, like I said several times.
Wouldn't you complain if Sam gives an item called area bomb that, when placed in an area and, if detonated, deal a unbelievable damage of 100000 to everything in that area including players, animals and any other objects , reguardless of there newbie or pk flags. Also area bombs can be remotely detonated by sending a specific command threw radio. So people with area bombs can set them up, go to another area, and detonate it. Isn't it unfair? Wouldn't you guys complain?
Or, if there is a paid item that gives unlimited health to a player for one day, well, isn't it unfair for other players who don't have paid account?
Same goes for teleporters and dfcs, whire most players go far away to collect items, some players would just use there teleporters to save there time. Because going somewhere is really a time consuming process, especially from mainland to the fishing belige. You need to mash with the t key, and that is really hard, really time consuming, and really annoying. But paid players will go there without keyboard mashing and safe there time, right? dfcs, well this is a complete unfairness to other players. Again, this, game, is, survive, the, wild, not death on the wild. Everyone will try there best to survive. This includes care, high amount of time, effort, streterges, and much more. But people with many death free cards will not try there best, because if they die, they'll just respawn at the same location. For example, for many players, it is important to get out of the burning giftshop or gas station, as these places lowers health. However, people with 45 dfcs will stay in those places because they will respawn and respawn again. Seriously guys, do you think it is fair to other players who don't have dfcs?
So I think this should be replaced to another useful things like 5 dollars for 150 gifts, 10 dollars for 500, shotgun shells, 20 dollars for 250, grenades etc.
In alter aeon or other games, there are paid items such as extra practices, spell colors, repairs, storage locker time, player shop, clan improvements, new character designs, ingame money, and balanced paid items. But most games, at least what I've played or heard, does not give unfair advantages to paid players.
3. Admin power, well I wanna ask few questions to Sam.
First, why don't you fix unknown areas problem? Unknown areas are bugged areas, right? Then why do you make people stuck and ask for help? Why don't you fix that areas, just like any other bugs? If Sam removes unknown area bug, admins don't need to move players.
2. Why don't you implement automatic cheat detection system or number limitations to items, stats, character speeds, etc?
3. Why don't you make spam or macro detection system?
4. Why don't you make disasters to spawn automaticly, according to weather conditions?
If these systems are implemented, there will be no need for admins to spawn disasters, unrealistically move people, and even ban players.

2016-09-17 17:05:24 (edited by criticview 2016-09-17 17:56:45)

Oh, and a system to make maps automatically, one that checks no other system is being abused through loap holes, a system that warns players when they spam the ooc, a system that replys automatically to player questions, a system that provides map directions and a system that clears items and so forth, and a system that looks to see if people are not for example map jumping etc..... lots of systems to make big_smile

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-17 17:10:21

Seriously though, you can ask aprone on how helpful such systems are. They can help a good deal, but seeing how Swamp went from free to payed only because there were still people cheating etc... systems are still systems, and you can't make them perfect.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2016-09-17 17:14:29

Um... momo. You once insalted me about how I was a little child that was stupid and that you were way better. So, if your so much better, i'll let you code every one of those, but I expect it done in 24 hours. Those systems would be hell to code. i've yet to see a game ware an admin can't teleport. Unlnown areas? Dude i've been trying to fix those for ages. Not that easy. Sahry.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com