2016-08-28 17:26:00

Seeing this topic spring up reminds me of a little bug I found in atf. Since I haven't been that far (yet) into the game due to time, I can't give you much detail of how it is for now. One thing I found though, is someetimes enimiy icon with hp (the one used to attack or launch something on it) doesn't appear, or appears but hides somewhere very hard to find, making battle pretty annoying and resulting of temporary exiting the game. It doesn't happen to every battle though, only a few of them.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-08-30 10:00:20

mata wrote:

Seeing this topic spring up reminds me of a little bug I found in atf. Since I haven't been that far (yet) into the game due to time, I can't give you much detail of how it is for now. One thing I found though, is someetimes enimiy icon with hp (the one used to attack or launch something on it) doesn't appear, or appears but hides somewhere very hard to find, making battle pretty annoying and resulting of temporary exiting the game. It doesn't happen to every battle though, only a few of them.

Sorry about that it's been a known issue but unfortunately it seems every version of iOS changes things like this up so it's hard to stay on top of things. I did make some voiceover adjustments which I think is the root of the problem so hopefully that will help.

I have quite a few promo codes to pass out since I updated the game so anyone who is interested let me know here and I will pm them or post them in the forums.

2016-08-30 10:18:52

Hi.
I am interested for promocode I have sended you an email .

2016-08-30 14:03:45

I'm really interested to get a promo code for the game, can't wait to play this one.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-08-30 18:25:19

Hey guys here are some codes for you two. There are more in the new releases thread.

RHRE9TJ4KRNT 3WRMAE6RKEW7

2016-09-02 18:49:35

Questions. Are you finished with this project now or are you still gonna release some updates to it? Also, will there be an adventure to fate wiki with monster info and skills? If you are still doin it, could you consider making the death ooze a pet? It would be really fun for a gambling pet. Either that or you could pick who goes first, the player or the pet. Also, where is the Dragon Glass item in the Frozen Wastelands? If I'm not mistaken, it would be a superb shield for the arcane archer.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2016-09-03 03:05:03

Mitch wrote:

Questions. Are you finished with this project now or are you still gonna release some updates to it? Also, will there be an adventure to fate wiki with monster info and skills? If you are still doin it, could you consider making the death ooze a pet? It would be really fun for a gambling pet. Either that or you could pick who goes first, the player or the pet. Also, where is the Dragon Glass item in the Frozen Wastelands? If I'm not mistaken, it would be a superb shield for the arcane archer.

I'm going to be honest with you as an indie Dev I have to move on to the next project in order to keep making games. I'm lucky to make $6 a day off this game so investing much more time just doesn't Keep me afloat. I do plan on doing a few more pets and bug fixes here soon but this might be it.

I'm focusing on these two new projects( 1 iOS and another pc) and then I plan on doing a battle arena type free game with all the classes, monsters, items and characters from the first 2 games. From here on out all my games will work with VoiceOver do everything will work for you guys it just might be diff types of games.

2016-09-03 04:21:46 (edited by Mitch 2016-09-03 04:25:06)

So what is the MUD you're working on called? Have you thought of making a client for, say iOs with soudn fx and other cool stuff? Don't know if it's worth your time, I just like to throw ideas out there.
I'm really excited for your other projects when they, "come to fruition".

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2016-09-03 09:11:23

Mitch wrote:

So what is the MUD you're working on called? Have you thought of making a client for, say iOs with soudn fx and other cool stuff? Don't know if it's worth your time, I just like to throw ideas out there.
I'm really excited for your other projects when they, "come to fruition".

I'm actually working with another developer on the text mud game but do have plans to take to iOS if there is interest.

The game is called ember online. It's in open beta right now. So anyone can play but I'm not sure how accessible it is. I know Windows has something but I'm not sure how it works really.

2016-09-03 09:32:52

Hi Touchmint.

To answer your question about muds.

If you mean the traditional mud where players use a mud client to connect to a game server which sends text to a computer in real time, they work fairly well on average.
There are a number of client options that output text to screen readers on Windows, or self voice with sapi, noteably the custom designed Vipmud from gmagames and mushclient, which can be run with certain scripts.
There is also a mud client for Mac, though how it works I'm not sure.

The only proviso usually regarding muds and access is whether the mud in question takes into the account that blind players will be listening to the text rather than reading it visually. This can mean the mud having options to shorten the display to include less spam, to give players using screen readers time to hear and react, especially in fast action situations like combat, since listening to "You swing at the goblin with your heavy steel sword, you hit and do 7 damage the goblin is slightly wounded, the goblin swings at you with it's rough stone axe, it misses, you have 100-100 hp, 50-50 Mana 39-39 staminer" obviously takes time big_smile.

There are some great examples around in other muds that have done this,  most noteably Alteraeon (though that has a custom sound client which effectively makes it a full scale audio game), classic six dragons and aardwolf, indeed you'll find some muds listed in the database of this site.

There are also occasions when muds can help by reducing things like ascii maps, since manifestly listening to your sccreen reader say "dash dash dash dash dot dash star t dash hash hash" etc isn't too informative :d.
Usually those sorts of games can help with alternatives to explain where things are in relation to the player, for example a "nearby" command which tells you approximate locations and distances of significant places or creatures.

so, generally speaking in access terms, muds are good, :d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-04 01:47:09

Hi TouchMint,

I just started playing all three of your games, and I want to thank you for putting so much work into the accessibility.
It took me a long time to figure out how to interact with everything in the game, but it is truly worth the effort, once it all becomes clear.

LOL, I had a literal startle-shudder-cringe reaction when giant roaches showed up.

I have two questions.
Is there any way to be certain that you have explored each room on a floor, other than mentally keeping track?
Secondly, how many levels are in the game?

Thanks again for a great set of games!

2016-09-05 16:43:07

@dark it's not a traditional connect through telnet type mud it has a customs client but I'll mess around with this features you suggested. Once it's a bit more stable and bug free I'll post it here you you guys can check it out and let us know what works and doesn't.

@mirage thanks glad to hear you like the games. Unfortunately there isn't anything to say every room on the floor has been cleared. I think the newest to the future game has around 43? Floors? So quite a bit. Let me know if you need any help with anything else.

2016-09-05 17:02:41

47 floorsto be exact.
Also, Freeze Shot does not stun for 2 attacks. It onky does for one.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2016-09-05 17:12:53

I'm gonna try and post a guide to the arcane archer class in this message. Here we go...
The arcane archer relies on intelligence and agility, but not as much as crit chance. I have always felt like I should stack up on agility and crit with intelligence as an added bonus.
Here's my ideal eq set for lvl 27:
Weapon: Mithril Bow
Shield: Dragon Glass (I wasn't Able tfind it this run)
Head: Raiders Cap
Chest: Cape of the Beast
Legs: Carbon Leggings
Boots: Executioners Boots
Neck: Assassin's Chain
Gloves: Dragon Spirit Gloves
Belt: Ranger's belt
Bracelet: Carbon Cuffs
2x Rings: Ring of Fate
As you can see you can pack a lot of power with this eqset.
Now for Skills:
Accuracy (for the obvious crit chance)
Mirrored: (good add-on, if you want to have reflect on)
Dual Shot: Good 2.stam attack
Arcane Arrow: uses barely any sp and does a lot of damage
Syphon Shot: leeches half of the damage dealt.
Hope this guide helped. Let me know if there's better eq for  any place on the body.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2016-09-06 09:07:36

I actually need to get back to adventure to fate. One of the more serious problems of the job I do for audiogames.net is occasionally I get so obsessed with playing games to write about them, I forget to play games, ----- well to play them and have fun big_smile.

@Mich, perhaps you could write up some formal guides for the articles room? That way I could also add them to the db pages for adventure to fate.

@Mirage, my lady's reaction to giant roaches is probably rather similar, indeed I just said the words "giant cockroaches" and her response was a rather loud "euuuuuuu!"  big_smile.

@Touchmint, Custom clients for muds can be problematic, since clients for screen readers speak the text directly rather than the user having to run all over the screen with curser keys and find it (not really doable in a real time game.

While you could look at screen reader support in the custom client, that can be complicated since unlike on Ios, on Windows there are several different screen readers people use, Supernova (what I use), JAws, Window eyes, System access or the open source Nvda, , not to mention Microsoft's in built sapi, aka speech api system.
If you want to go down that route there are some reliable methods, noteably the toke library, however control of how the text speaks and when the game tracks the text speaks when outputting to one of four or five different programs is not an easy matter, indeed many developers for Windows just use Sapi, which then annoys people who don't have a half decent sapi voice.

Theoretically however if the mud has the mud name and port number any of the Vi accessible clients will be able to connect without trouble, eg, mudname.mudserver.com port 6666. That might actually be a better way around since the accessible mud clients will do all the screen reader support for you, people can customize the clients as they wish and the only thing you, as the mud developer needs to worry about is outputting text which is a relatively simple matter.

If you want some ideas on access in muds I can highly recommend checking out Alteraeon Audiogames.net database page here and Website here not only has the game got a host of screen reader adaptations, so many in fact that there is a custom built sound client which turns Alteraeon virtually into an audiogame, but the principle developer Dentin is a very active part of this community, has been working on muds for years and is an all around nice chap.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-17 20:59:14

Great guide Mitch! Thanks for posting that hopefully it helps some people and yes I'll get that frozen arrow shot fixed.

Dark thanks for the heads up and good luck on the play through.

Again sorry I'm kind of late to reply here I'm traveling Europe so my internet very limited!

2016-12-15 07:50:06

Hi. Does anyone know what is happening with this game right now? It seems to be completely broken on IOS 10. I say this because I havn't played adventure to fate in so long and want to get back in to it but can't because of stupid ios 10. I hope this game get's updated or something soon.

Thanks.

fantasy world creationist

2016-12-24 13:03:02

It still works fine with ios 9 or below

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-12-24 22:35:04

I totally agree. I was trying to play quest to the core and the first game and I got extremely lost. I'm just wondering if we can have an attack tab and just choose what we wanted to fight. or a travel button and then swipe left or right to move our char. In addition, I do like the games and I cant wait till this one is released.

Thanks Tuchmint