2016-08-28 08:00:14

Hello everyone,
I'd like to introduce two new text-based adult games to you. The first of these have more plot than I have scene in any of these games by far, while the second one, created by the same author, is a primarily battles based sex game, with the loser having to submit. Unlike most games where you must read the sex, the second of these games has an option to skip these scenes, though a large portion of the content in that game is sex-based. I only choose to skip the gay encounters since I chose a male gender.
The first, Hummingbirds, comes highly recommended. link:
http://www.hummingbirdsgame.com

Inducted into a rather obscure cult, or something, known as the "Red Society", you become a Trainee as your first rank in this hierarchy. What "Trainee" means is kind of unclear--note: it is not slavery like you might think, given the nature of these sex RPGs. I think it may turn into slavery though, given the specially crafted Necklace you are given in the introduction. Combat is playable. To successfully battle, find the three attack buttons at the bottom of the page, as described in the tutorial before the first battle. Normal, Heavy and Procise--a stun attack. They will be dimbed when you are either stunned or you are waiting for their cooldown period to expire. Keep in mind that the combat is real time, which means that it is hard to check to see how much damage your attacks are actually doing. However, the buttons give indication that your Stamina is running low, in which case you need to generate more initive by using normal attacks. The higher your initive, the more damaging heavy attack is, indicated by a higher percentage damage number in the buttons alt text. Normal attack does not increase attack damage, but I do recommend using the stun attack once in a while. It definitely helps. While combat is playable, I do wish there was a way to better get information, and perhaps I will contact the developer about possible ways of doing this.
Other than the combat, the game seems 99.9 percent accessible. The reason i say 99 percent is because I encountered my first puzzle which seems pretty accessible--I figured out the first half of it, but i'm not entirely sure.
In the first chapter, you basically have to rescue a friend you met earlier in the intro. It's all about re-enacting the Little Red Riding Hood play, which in an adult game like this, I'm sure the play is not the G-rated classic. In fact, I think this is the setup for a rather elaborate Ruze. Anyhow, you can either sneak through the back door, something I probably should've done because it may not rely on a puzzle, or go through the front door--which means figuring out the security code for the gates' AI. I think I have got a simple combo working, 800, 475, 755... any other number I try after that causes me to reset the numbers and try again. I can also reset and start with 188, but am kind of lost after that. My understanding is that there are three codes, and you basically have to make a working combo that adds up to being less than the "Low Lock" value.
That's about as far as I have gotten in this game. The prologue and chapter 1 have so far not actually contained any sexual encounters. The introduction boss lady kind of tempts you by showing you the power of your necklace, but compared to other games of this type, that's hardly sexual.
The other game does not need much explaining, since I explained how we can currently use the combat system above--they're the same in both games. The second game is "Guardians of the Crown Jewels". Based on the title, I'm sure you've figured out this is a pure sex game. Not a while lot of plot, especially right now since it's under development. There are three "Guardians" you have to battle. Just like Corruption of Champions, Flexible Survival, etc, each win/loss has a sexual encounter. There are no puzzles in this one, just fight, win, get a new scene and advance the story, of which there is little as the game is still under development. This game does take place in the Hummingbirds universe.
Link:
http://brendania.com

If I can figure out that puzzle and advance in Hummingbirds, and perhaps we can help make the combat system a bit more less luck-based for us, I'd consider supporting this author in Patron. I like the music and general overall accessibility of the interface--They are created in Twine, but even some Twine games aren't accessible.
I hope this rant encourages people to try these games out--they're gems in a rather exosting list of inaccessible text RPGs, adult or otherwise.

2016-08-28 10:07:57

Thanks for sharing Orin, I'll have to check these out.

2016-08-28 14:50:39

You're welcome. Hummingbirds is pretty awesome, if i can get past this puzzle...

2016-08-28 23:15:56

Both of them are awesome games, people. I'm at the first riddle, just don't know what exactly I should do..

2016-08-29 03:19:28

Is that the number puzzle or another one?

2016-08-29 03:24:09

Its the number puzle, have no idea which numbers to select.

2016-08-29 05:06:57

Have you tried sneaking through the back door? Perhaps that option doesn't have a puzzle.

2016-08-29 06:34:35

So I figured out the number puzzle, its just a logic thing.
You have 2 numbers originally, lower and higher frequencies for two locks. Input a number. You then have two more frequencies that get added, which are the xxx things. You have to find the combination that fits the criteria for all of them.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-08-29 06:48:22

Could you explain a bit more, please?

2016-08-29 06:55:35

Each lock consists of a certain number of. Well. Locks. Each of these has two frequencies, a lower and a higher. When you select a key for the lock that fits, you move onto the next lock. Each lock has 3 lines below the buttons labeled. These are the lower frequency the lock takes, the key you selected and a higher frequency, which the key must be between. Selecting a key for a lock moves you onto the next one and reveals the frequencies for it. The goal is to find the combination of available keys that fits for all locks, a bunch of resets are required.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-08-29 08:40:30

How do you know you're getting it right? When you get it wrong, all the buttons become dimmed and you have to reset? I figured as much, but if you hit a number and it allows you to go onto the next lock, that means that number is part of a correct combo?

2016-08-29 16:02:55

It doesn't mean that number is part of a correct combo. It means its just valid for that particular lock. You have to look at the whole thing to get the picture.

2016-08-29 17:47:38 (edited by Luel 2016-08-29 17:49:55)

Hummingbirds seems interesting.
Unfortunately, lockpicking is also in real time, which is annoying.
I cannot unlock the door because I keep running out of time.

2016-08-30 13:19:39

Neiter can I. I'm at the second lockpick riddle and its very difficult.

2016-08-30 13:21:52

Odd. I solved it on the first try.

2016-08-30 14:03:44

The one that has a time limit on it? I've been trying to shove it for almost two days now..

2016-08-30 17:24:31 (edited by Exodus 2016-08-30 17:37:45)

Just memorize the order of the numbers you select. Your going to fail and reset a few times, but it's meant to be that wayy. I do like this game, It's not p0rn without plot. Just wish there was more to play than the first chapter tongue
Edit:
word Filters? Reeeeeeeealy?

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2016-09-16 05:19:09

Thats it, I give up. Can someone please post the correct code order for the door?

2016-11-07 07:09:36

I think it may be random. I don't think anybody can help us.

2017-11-10 10:18:54

hey guys
the two games are now discontinued or not avalable at the current address sadly

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2017-11-10 12:59:57

Yes.. I noticed, too.
Its sad, the games were really good.

2017-11-10 20:47:25

they were indeed

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.